• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 16, 2018, 08:50:19 PM
Oh ok.  I dont hate alex j.  Sometimes his rants are pretty entertaining politics notwithstanding.  Freedom of speech is important and he is certainly not the worst i've ever heard.  I like pirate radio but since i live in a semi rural location, there aint much action here, the only pirates i get are shortwave.  Why bother with mw/fm when with a decent set up, u can reach most of the USA and beyond.
I think the price-point and ease. And this couple had a house that backed up to a major highway and put a sign up for their freedom radio channel. So many thousands saw it daily on their commute in gridlock to/from work or school. And most people have FM in their vehicle so easy. But I do like SW but more of a niche market now.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Element 115 on May 16, 2018, 08:15:27 PM
It's says Laurel for the record.

I heard Yanni when they played it normal but Laurel when they added the low pass filter.

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 16, 2018, 08:52:33 PM
The saddest thing is, he didn't really have to go to the store right then  :(

damn. this makes it real, fam.

Heather found a couple of cat piss soaked cigarette butts on the ground. the end. that's the real cigarette story.

Cowkiller

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 16, 2018, 08:49:01 PM
I wonder if the Sheriff will let her work the sex line from her cell to pay denbts

She been there done that. Negotiate in the back seat, no jail.

chefist

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 16, 2018, 08:58:25 PM
damn. this makes it real, fam.

Heather found a couple of cat piss soaked cigarette butts on the ground. the end. that's the real cigarette story.

https://youtu.be/_8vm8ORMZt4

Jocko Johnson

Miss a day, wow! What did I miss?

Can some kind soul please give me a quick update? Thx in advance.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 16, 2018, 09:04:59 PM
She been there done that. Negotiate in the back seat, no jail.

NO, DENBTS MUST BE PAID!

dsz

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 16, 2018, 08:50:19 PM
Oh ok.  I dont hate alex j.  Sometimes his rants are pretty entertaining politics notwithstanding.  Freedom of speech is important and he is certainly not the worst i've ever heard.  I like pirate radio but since i live in a semi rural location, there aint much action here, the only pirates i get are shortwave.  Why bother with mw/fm when with a decent set up, u can reach most of the USA and beyond.

Sadly I've never picked up a shortwave pirate.
You should start your own pirate. It's fun (allegedly). Dave says you should fire one up just to rebroadcast MITD. Ask Amazon how... for cheap.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 16, 2018, 09:08:19 PM
Miss a day, wow! What did I miss?

Can some kind soul please give me a quick update? Thx in advance.

- Good Dave sought our advice on the posture of the show:  escapist or investigatory, and was met with a host of contradictory opinions
- Good Dave was on Karen's show on KNYE for about half an hour; brig has audio
- Joe Montaldo's much-anticipated statement on Heater failed to meet expectations
- Heater is on tonite with the dude Good Dave kicked off the show last week.

Bonanza Pilot

Quick rundown on the statement on Heater?

Let me guess...He was too soy laden to call her out for using him?

If anyone heard Yanni, you have Heateritus and are going to die without proper treatment.
GET HELP NOW!
Symptoms include: Incoherent rambling, incessant crying with equal or random haw-hawing,
disillusions of grandeur, oral diarrhea, and death.
Symptoms similar to a sugar pill.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on May 16, 2018, 09:13:19 PM
Quick rundown on the statement on Heater?

At the beginning of the show he played a song he dedicated to broke-ass bitches.  That was about it.  He reiterated his position at the end, using much the same terminology.

Bluejay

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 16, 2018, 07:59:23 PM
the best part about this whole thing is i never tuned in. not even once.
Ditto.  I relied on the BellGab play-by-play, instead.  (Much more entertaining).

Baby Alex after HLW gets her paws on him

dsz

Nick the Rat has an interesting topic Dave could borrow sometime... Walk ins...

http://www.crystalinks.com/walk_ins.html

It'd be interesting to hear a real live guest/expert on this topic, esp. as I don't recall hearing one on any show before. Of course, given the definition of a walk-in, this will be Dave's second guest whose first words are "Dave, I was raped".

Cowkiller

Quote from: dsz on May 16, 2018, 09:10:04 PM
Sadly I've never picked up a shortwave pirate.
You should start your own pirate. It's fun (allegedly). Dave says you should fire one up just to rebroadcast MITD. Ask Amazon how... for cheap.
Believe me, i've thought about it.  But with all the talk about crappy audio, and no experience behind a board, I'm a bit hesitant. 
I already have delusions of grandeur, that why the shortwave, also because its not hip, its forgotten, you can do much more legally than commercial am/fm.   

The pirates usually broadcast 6900-7000 mhz when they do sporadically
  Check out hf underground on the web.

I used to be on 7415 back in the day and was in Popcom many times. I wouldn't do that now with the sophisticated equipment that could track you down in an instant.
The solution would be a vertically polarized skywave not a horizontal one.

Cowkiller

Quote from: dsz on May 16, 2018, 09:22:02 PM
Nick the Rat has an interesting topic Dave could borrow sometime... Walk ins...

http://www.crystalinks.com/walk_ins.html

It'd be interesting to hear a real live guest/expert on this topic, esp. as I don't recall hearing one on any show before. Of course, given the definition of a walk-in, this will be Dave's second guest whose first words are "Dave, I was raped".

Art did a show on walk-ins long ago, i believe

sydtron

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 16, 2018, 09:22:31 PM
Believe me, i've thought about it.  But with all the talk about crappy audio, and no experience behind a board, I'm a bit hesitant. 
I already have delusions of grandeur, that why the shortwave, also because its not hip, its forgotten, you can do much more legally than commercial am/fm.   

The pirates usually broadcast 6900-7000 mhz when they do sporadically
  Check out hf underground on the web.

Yup. Lower edge of 40 meters.  Although. Its a free for all on 7.200 LSB.  Good Ol boys club. Legal limit transmitters and all the politics and racisim you can handle.

Cowkiller

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on May 16, 2018, 09:25:22 PM
I used to be on 7415 back in the day and was in Popcom many times. I wouldn't do that now with the sophisticated equipment that could track you down in an instant.
The solution would be a vertical skywave not a horizontal one.

Aside from the money issue, a license from the fcc cant be all that difficult because its in a different class than am/fm. , plus i think you can cuss, tho that gets boring.

albrecht

Quote from: sydtron on May 16, 2018, 09:29:27 PM
Yup. Lower edge of 40 meters.  Although. Its a free for all on 7.200 LSB.  Good Ol boys club. Legal limit transmitters and all the politics and racisim you can handle.
Sample Entry       Sample Entry   4 months ago   Sounds like a voiced internet forum.
Sounds like a voiced internet forum. 

dsz

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 16, 2018, 09:29:57 PM
Aside from the money issue, a license from the fcc cant be all that difficult because its in a different class than am/fm. , plus i think you can cuss, tho that gets boring.

You can cuss on shortwave?! This is exciting! The FCC really must not give a crap about shortwave anymore. Given how they feel about AM these days, I think I'll fire up an AM and start cussing up a storm.

Dark Disco Dave... is it "cussing" or "cursing" in Minnesota?

timebandit

Heather returns..
be still my beating heart.

#Heather4Ever

dsz

There a way too few people talking shit on Heather here right now this close to the show. I'm scared. This is like a Twilight Zone.

Just buy a raspberry pi and make an FM or am transmitter . Attach a long antenna and your good

GravitySucks

Quote from: dsz on May 16, 2018, 09:37:06 PM
There a way too few people talking shit on Heather here right now this close to the show. I'm scared. This is like a Twilight Zone.

Gag order due to pending legal action.

#served

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 16, 2018, 08:06:35 PM
joey got hustled by the evil one Heater Wad. wow. great job!

She did said "wanna go for a ride?"

Quote from: Bluejay on May 16, 2018, 09:18:35 PM
Ditto.  I relied on the BellGab play-by-play, instead.  (Much more entertaining).

i agree 100%. i enjoy reading how disgusted other posters get by listening to this garbage. heh, heh.

Enter the confessional:
I ran 250W on 1620 and 7415 both high level plate modulated, and 300W FM on xxx.9.
Some may recognize me so the FM part is hidden.
This was in the 90's.

Mr Apnea

Quote from: Kolchak on May 16, 2018, 06:09:09 PM
Only if you count his delusional shitposting.

Congrats Vara,  through all this and the million plus listeners, I see your donations have increased from $300 to $330.
Way to go buddy, you really showed us.  Now you can purchase additional hamsters.