• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

LMH comes on second hour.  And her red carpet is Tom Jones' "She's A Lady", which includes lyrics defining a lady as little, marginal, forebearing, people-pleasing, benign, and owned.

Gee, I thought she was kind of a big deal, center stage, driven, hard-working, independent, and willing to expose issues.

How come male guests are not preceded by songs revolving around their expected gender role limitations?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on December 28, 2018, 01:22:28 AM
LMH comes on second hour.  And her red carpet is Tom Jones' "She's A Lady", which includes lyrics defining a lady as little, marginal, forebearing, people-pleasing, benign, and owned.

Gee, I thought she was kind of a big deal, center stage, driven, hard-working, independent, and willing to expose issues.

How come male guests are not preceded by songs revolving around their expected gender role limitations?

Tell George to switch to Helen Reddy’s I Am Woman next time.  ;)

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on December 28, 2018, 01:22:12 AM
No.  There is plenty of middle ground between the two extremes.  George is at the other extrene, constantly with alcohol even when others near him aren't.

I've never really noticed this particular behavior, albeit I listen less than I used to.

QuoteAnd hypocritical, too.  In 2914 or so, he said he just had a sherry once in a while and he minimized his alcohol use by joking that he "doesn't go to bars! "  But, the photos and his other speech belie something totally different.

So maybe his alcohol consumption has varied over the years, is that something to obsess over? I mean seriously 14, you actually went so far as to keep a "drinking diary" on Joorch? Whoa...mental... :o

Metron2267

How come lib nitwits get fromaged by a mere classic pop tune? Always looking for some kind of race/class/gender phantasm to slay...sigh... :-\

Metron2267

Listening last night to Coast via KIRO's feed...not one but TWO 911 outage messages interrupted LMH at 2 crucial junctures:

1.) As she was discussing the insect die off. Ask yourself, how often have you been cleaning bugs off your windshield this last year as opposed to before?

2.) The MK Ultra revelations.

coincidence of course.  ::)

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 28, 2018, 11:11:22 AM
I've never really noticed this particular behavior, albeit I listen less than I used to.

So maybe his alcohol consumption has varied over the years, is that something to obsess over? I mean seriously 14, you actually went so far as to keep a "drinking diary" on Joorch? Whoa...mental... :o

There is a point to be made here, though. We’ve all seen the pictures of him looking the worse for wear, and with the vino to hand. I’m sure those pictures exist for most of us. But then he does make the protestations about the ‘occasional sherry’. A guest recently said ‘Oh that’s a long story. We’d have to discuss it over a few beers.’ It’s a common turn of phrase, an indicator of time more than a measure of alcohol consumption. Quite unnecessarily, Joorch leapt in with ‘Oh, no. One glass of red wine is my limit.’ To go back to the point that started this, to say you took your family out for wine is very odd. To say you did it after Xmas celebrations which presumably involved a glass or two is odder still. I think you can tell the nights on which he and Tommee have dined well before the show and maybe ordered that second bottle. There’s a lot of slurring and mush-mouthing during ‘Here’s What’s Happaneen’: his speech is much clearer later in the show.

Metron2267

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 28, 2018, 12:06:38 PM
There is a point to be made here, though. We’ve all seen the pictures of him looking the worse for wear, and with the vino to hand. I’m sure those pictures exist for most of us. But then he does make the protestations about the ‘occasional sherry’. A guest recently said ‘Oh that’s a long story. We’d have to discuss it over a few beers.’ It’s a common turn of phrase, an indicator of time more than a measure of alcohol consumption. Quite unnecessarily, Joorch leapt in with ‘Oh, no. One glass of red wine is my limit.’ To go back to the point that started this, to say you took your family out for wine is very odd. To say you did it after Xmas celebrations which presumably involved a glass or two is odder still. I think you can tell the nights on which he and Tommee have dined well before the show and maybe ordered that second bottle. There’s a lot of slurring and mush-mouthing during ‘Here’s What’s Happaneen’: his speech is much clearer later in the show.

I have seen those pics and I do acknowledge the commentary, but i have a real hard time working much angst over it, ymmv...

Now Heater's consumption of substances is a whole 'nother thang, eh?

Jackstar

Of course he's a lush--it's the most human thing about him.

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 28, 2018, 12:08:37 PM
I have seen those pics and I do acknowledge the commentary, but i have a real hard time working much angst over it, ymmv...

Now Heater's consumption of substances is a whole 'nother thang, eh?
And at least Jorch isn't posting stripper selfies of himself.  Yet.

ItsOver

You're just now noticing this?  "She's a Lady" has been a regular selection in LMH's bumper rotation for years, along with other "suggestive" selections for LMH by drooling Jorch and Tommee.   :D I particularly love "Lady in Red," gag, choke, spew.  ;D  I can see LMH rolling her eyes and rushing to take a shower after a Jorch-session.  She's no doubt hoping Kevin Spacey can fill in sometime to host her monthly appearance, to lower the creep level.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on December 28, 2018, 01:40:42 PM
You're just now noticing this?  "She's a Lady" has been a regular selection in LMH's bumper rotation for years, along with other "suggestive" selections for LMH by drooling Jorch and Tommee.   :D I particularly love "Lady in Red," gag, choke, spew.  ;D  I can see LMH rolling her eyes and rushing to take a shower after a Jorch-session.  She's no doubt hoping Kevin Spacey can fill in sometime to host her monthly appearance, to lower the creep level.

The woman's got to be pushing eighty, I remember reading somewhere she was in the Miss America pageant in the early 60s.  Annie sounds like she'd be closer to George's age.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 28, 2018, 01:51:22 PM
The woman's got to be pushing eighty, I remember reading somewhere she was in the Miss America pageant in the early 60s.  Annie sounds like she'd be closer to George's age.
She was Miss Idaho in 1963.  That, alone, is probably enough to light Jorch's fire.  :D

expat

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 28, 2018, 01:51:22 PM

She's 76

Metron2267

Quote from: ItsOver on December 28, 2018, 01:57:55 PM
She was Miss Idaho in 1963.  That, alone, is probably enough to light Jorch's fire.  :D

She was fairly hawt in her day...

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 28, 2018, 04:13:47 PM

Way out of Jorch's league, past, present, or future.

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 28, 2018, 04:10:27 PM
The lounge singing is bad enough... ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpiLHVyMHMM
Let's hope Jorch doesn't get any ideas and incorporates a burlesque act in his shows, with Tommee as the opening act.

Nucky Nolan

That's one cougar that Noory won't catch. Is there such a thing as a G-GILF?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ItsOver on December 28, 2018, 01:40:42 PM

God Only Knows got a spin last night, too.

Uncle Duke

She looks like Dawn Wells, at least when they were younger.

ItsOver

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 04, 2018, 10:40:53 AM
You missed the most obvious reason why the "secret astronaut" story was a crock.  He claimed on both missions, he joined the crews just a day or so before launch.  Even if the guy was a trained member of the astronaut corps, there is no way he could have stepped in at the last minute to assume the duties of LEM and CM pilot on Apollo 17 and 20 respectively, as he claimed.  Apollo crews trained for thousands of hours together, undertook multiple mission simulations together, to hone crew coordination and establish work load parameters.  To think someone could just show up and perform to the level required for an Apollo mission is ludicrous.

LMH also made herself look foolish when she referenced the 1990s "alien autopsy" film as being validated by the guy's story.  Does she honestly not know the whole story of that hoax has been told?

Surprised no one mentioned this, but LMH admitted on her latest C2C appearance a couple nights ago that her "secret astronaut" from last month was a fraud.  She admitted he was never a pilot nor could have been a pilot due of vision problems, admitted a disguised photo he claimed was himself in flight gear was identified as someone else and taken from NASA archives, and admitted a photo he claimed he took of an alien was lifted from a video game.  She then confirmed no rocket was launched from Vandenberg AFB on the date the "astronaut" claimed his moon mission blasted off.  Strangely,  she tried to lay a smoke screen with a bunch of silliness about the guy's memory having been "wiped."

What this amounts to is LMH once again getting scammed by a prankster/disinformation type, or being taken in by a delusional wack job.  Either way, it indicates how little "investigative" work she does before going public with her "news" stories.

expat

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 29, 2018, 11:51:24 AM
What this amounts to is LMH once again getting scammed by a prankster/disinformation type, or being taken in by a delusional wack job.  Either way, it indicates how little "investigative" work she does before going public with her "news" stories.

Zackly. Well said. "Investigative journalist" my ass...

Metron2267

Quote from: expat on December 29, 2018, 01:11:44 PM
Zackly. Well said. "Investigative journalist" my ass...

So how'd she pull all of this off???

???
http://www.higherjourneys.com/linda-moulton-howe-living-computer-simulation/
Linda Moulton Howe is a graduate of Stanford University with a Masters Degree in Communication. She has devoted her documentary film, television and radio career to productions concerning science, medicine and the environment.

Ms. Howe has received local, national and international awards, including three regional Emmys and a national Emmy nomination. Those films have included Poison in the Wind and A Sun Kissed Poison which compared smog pollution in Los Angeles and Denver; Fire In The Water about hydrogen as an alternative energy source to fossil fuels; A Radioactive Water about uranium contamination of public drinking water in a Denver suburb; and A Strange Harvest which explored the worldwide animal mutilation mystery which has haunted the United States and other countries from the mid-20th century to date.

Linda has also received honors as a medical producer in Boston’s WCVB Station Excellence Peabody Award, received the Aviation & Space Writers Association Award for Writing Excellence in Television, Sigma Delta Chi Excellence In Journalism Award, a Chicago Film Festival Golden Plaque for A Radioactive Water, a national Emmy Award nomination for Poison in the Wind and A Sun Kissed Poison.

Linda was honored with the Colorado Florence Sabin Award for “outstanding contribution to public health” and received three regional Emmys for Writing Achievement, Directing and Sound Editing for her documentary investigations: Fire in the Water, A Radioactive Water and A Strange Harvest.

Linda also received Ohio State Awards for Fire in the Water and Borrowed Faces and actor Robert Redford, founder of the Sundance Film Festival and prominent environmentalist, presented Linda with a Citizens Participation Award from the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency for television documentaries about air pollution and energy alternatives to fossil fuels.

Linda has also received national and international honors including the Cine Golden Eagle presented to Borrowed Facesfor “excellence to represent the United States in international motion picture events abroad.”