• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 14, 2016, 08:16:54 PM
What?  5 hours??  Listeners want quality, not quantity.  What a shame.  I miss Art.
I miss Art

jazmunda

Quote from: Gruntled on April 15, 2016, 04:56:20 PM
Last night I listened to the first show Art had after the test show.
The one with Graham Hancock.
   It started with Art talking to Crystal Gale about the song she wrote [Midnight in the Desert] for him, and how she came out to his house
and had lunch etc.
Art sounded so upbeat and happy. He mentioned BellGab affectionately more than once too. He gave this site credit for helping bring him back on the air.
It was like a different person than the man Art is now.

I was startled at the comparison from that Art and the more recent Art that's on Facebook and some of his postings here.
Miss the "on air" Art.

#innocenttimes #takemeback #youcannevergohome #blamejazmunda #somethingsomethingMV

TigerLily

Quote from: jazmunda on April 15, 2016, 05:38:18 PM
#innocenttimes #takemeback #youcannevergohome#blamejazmunda #somethingsomethingMV

Dateline

Maybe if you have been as successful as Art was you just dismiss it.  It is the way it is, and you will always be a high-rated show.  That could be how he takes it. 

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Norry is number one, but Norry had devoted his life to his show since he has been host.  He is not flippant about the success.  He promotes and promotes, ad nauseum.  He does not take it for granted. 

That is one of the differences between the two as I see it.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on April 15, 2016, 05:53:56 PM
Maybe if you have been as successful as Art was you just dismiss it.  It is the way it is, and you will always be a high-rated show.  That could be how he takes it. 

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Norry is number one, but Norry had devoted his life to his show since he has been host.  He is not flippant about the success.  He promotes and promotes, ad nauseum.  He does not take it for granted. 

That is one of the differences between the two as I see it.
For example,

Friday - April 15, 2016
Red Cross Auction: Dinner with George
The California Earthquake Authority, KFI AM 640 and the American Red Cross are joining forces to send a message to "Get Prepared California," an initiative to help prepare the state for the next disaster. To raise money for this important cause from now until May 1st, they are auctioning off dinner with George Noory at Morton's Steakhouse in Burbank, California followed by a tour of the KFI studios.

Steak with Jorch!

scottydawg

Just checked the MITD homepage AKA Artbell.com
Absolutely nothing listed for tonight, no guest and No Open Lines!
Has the RMS MITD finally struck the Radio Iceberg? :(

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2016, 06:21:37 PM
For example,

Friday - April 15, 2016
The California Earthquake Authority, KFI AM 640 and the American Red Cross are joining forces to send a message to "Get Prepared California," an initiative to help prepare the state for the next disaster. To raise money for this important cause from now until May 1st, they are auctioning off dinner with George Noory at Morton's Steakhouse in Burbank, California followed by a tour of the KFI studios.

Steak with Jorch!
The winning dinner should really take place a "Ted's of Beverly Hills"

Dateline

For example,

Friday - April 15, 2016

Steak with Jorch!

Even at Morton's, steak with Jorch Norry would be tough!

//
Quote from: jazmunda on April 15, 2016, 05:38:18 PM
#innocenttimes #takemeback #youcannevergohome #blamejazmunda #somethingsomethingMV
Nice to see you back.  I know how you feel, I was just listening to an old episode of The Gab Cast. Everyone was hopeful & full of whimsy getting ready for our Art to return. You were on with Bateman, Redacted etc. all the kids were there on the air. Art was in the chat room. Oh my times were simpler then.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: bobo17 on April 15, 2016, 02:07:27 PM
Guys
you are ALL missing the point!
I am the only one who can save this situation.
I no all the people, art keith, bob and sue crane etc.
I can solve this.
I just need the respect and admiration from my fellow bellgabbers and all will be well

Please please recognize how important i am to the future of Art Bell being in radio
I will give you a nother warning....if you don't give me support, consider my offer
of saving this unfortunate situation done...I will not be mocked by posters who have contributed
nothing to the sucess of Art.
I am the one who can solve all this stuff and finally get rid of heather and bring back
Art.
Support me and we will be fine, mock me and it will be all yours fault.
I will keep a score card and if the unthinkable happens, i will post all the names of those
who screwed it up.

you have been warned for the last time.
lets make this happen
bobo

Gasbag

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 15, 2016, 06:40:51 PM
The winning dinner should really take place a "Ted's of Beverly Hills"
Hehe.  Of course, I now have Ted's jingle fapping in my head.  I hope it doesn't get Jaz too excited.

Auslandia

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2016, 07:26:07 PM
Hehe.  Of course, I now have Ted's jingle fapping in my head.  I hope it doesn't get Jaz too excited.

We wanna put our meat in your mouth.

ItsOver

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on April 15, 2016, 07:06:12 PM
//Nice to see you back.  I know how you feel, I was just listening to an old episode of The Gab Cast. Everyone was hopeful & full of whimsy getting ready for our Art to return. You were on with Bateman, Redacted etc. all the kids were there on the air. Art was in the chat room. Oh my times were simpler then.
It's the 'ol "how could something so good turn so bad?"

analog kid

For example,

Friday - April 15, 2016

Steak with Jorch!

I bet George gets the dreaded meat sweats.

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2016, 07:30:55 PM
It's the 'ol "how could something so good turn so bad?"

[/quote You know it...

JesusJuice

In the old day Art would burn off the first hour by talking about news stories the first half hour or so and then going to open lines for the second half hour. I don't think that Heather is capable of that. Noory pads his first hour by reading news stories and then having regular guests on for about ten minutes or he'll have a special guest just for the first hour. I don't know if Heather can do that either. Five hour s of Heather. Wow!

3OctaveFart

Bobo, please fuck off already.

whoozit

For example,

Friday - April 15, 2016

Steak with Jorch!
I would donate every drop of blood in my body at once if I accidentally won that honor.

Disheartened

Guys
I can solve this.
I just need the respect and admiration from my fellow bellgabbers and all will be well

Please please recognize how important i am to the future of Art Bell being in radio
I will give you a nother warning....if you don't give me support, consider my offer
of saving this unfortunate situation done...I will not be mocked by posters who have contributed
I am the one who can solve all this stuff and finally get rid of heather and bring back
Art.
I will keep a score card and if the unthinkable happens, i will post all the names of those
who screwed it up.

lets make this happen
bobo

Why don't you stop listening to the voices in your head and just go away.

Lil Godzilla

Guys
I can solve this.

Art.
who screwed it up.

lets make this happen
bobo

Yaawwwwwn

whoozit

Guys ...
I am the larger animal.  You are the smaller one.

Art Bell

I understand this will be heartbreaking news for some of you but MITD with Heather has for some time now been growing every day in subs. The show with Heather has legs and will continue to grow.

She has improved greatly. Now I fully understand that those of you who have decided to hate her will continue to do so but the growing number of subs says there is a wider World out there that does not feel that way. I continue to help her in every way possible.

I know she would love to be able to again join Bell Gab since her roots are here but I have advised her not to do so because of all the hate, if that ever changes I will let her know. I am well aware it is not everybody here but it is still many.

Thought you all might enjoy a update, or not.

Art

bateman

Quote from: Art Bell on April 15, 2016, 08:37:28 PM
growing every day in subs.

How many have you bought?

73s

I think "bobo17" is an acronym for something of high strangeness.  Maybe Bell's Online Broadcasting Organization, from the future (2017)...

trostol

I understand this will be heartbreaking news for some of you but MITD with Heather has for some time now been growing every day in subs. The show with Heather has legs and will continue to grow.

She has improved greatly. Now I fully understand that those of you who have decided to hate her will continue to do so but the growing number of subs says there is a wider World out there that does not feel that way. I continue to help her in every way possible.

I know she would love to be able to again join Bell Gab since her roots are here but I have advised her not to do so because of all the hate, if that ever changes I will let her know. I am well aware it is not everybody here but it is still many.

Thought you all might enjoy a update, or not.

Art

she is a grown up is she not? sorry man but sheltering someone from criticism is not a way for her to get better..going to 5 hours will not make her better..her being a woman on radio..is not the reason she is disliked...if you would read more then just so called trolls you would see that

Dateline

Hmmmm, subs?  Is that Quiznos or Subway?

Quote from: TigerLily on April 15, 2016, 05:26:14 PM
One important element missing...Art   :(

Ediot: one step behind Roz again
You have got to be shitting me,, 5 hours of Heather ,, She can not even do three hours without playing music half the time.  I am sorry bu I live and work in Japan and do not get to hear alot of the show but there is noway that that show as it is can go 5 hours.  They need to change the name anfd get Art's name off it and kick him to the curb.  Has not Art screwed over Keith many times but Keith keeps licking at his heels like a poor doge.  And one more thing before I can not stop myself,, I heard Art's first pere-show and when he said he was going to introduce someone special I thought it was going to be his wife of daughter,, not a stalker but youknow when men get old they imagine things with younger women,, I know because my father is 96 years old and he still thinks teenagrs want him.  Sorry for my grammer and spelling as English is a third language to me.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on April 15, 2016, 08:38:56 PM
How many have you bought?
Hey! We live in an economy based on quantitative easing and companies buying up their own shares with the cheap money, so why not??

ps: Art, thanks for the update. I hope you and your family doing well. I don't know about 5 hrs. Heather was better than usual with Mr.Stalker (no, not the guy on your property but that was his name) about Father Martin, RIP. But still....

73s

I think she can handle the heat fine. Norry even hangs out here sometimes, and there's no way she's hated at that level!