• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mel's Hole, JC, guy in the plane over Area 51, etc.

Started by Art is the Best, April 11, 2008, 01:02:03 PM

Maybe it's just me, but the way Art can keep people interested in a guy talking about a hole in his back yard for hours upon hours is arguably one of the best testiments to his talent. Those Mel's Hole shows aren't among my favorites, but doubt if anyone else could pull off such shows so well. Anybody else have any favorite/least favorite guests or topics that you probably couldn't have listened to if it weren't for Art?

MV/Liberace!

i can think of a couple of examples of shows i couldn't listen to without art:

shows about the paranormal, shows about scientific subject matter, shows about technology, shows about mysteries of any sort, and shows about our universe in general.

i'm only kidding about all that.

the biggest and most pronounced example of a show i can't listen to without art hosting would be any show related to theoretical physics, and particularly time travel.  if i hear the words, "could it be a portal?" one more time, i'll urinate on whatever device i'm listening with.  hope it's not plugged in.

Come to think of it, I didn't give theoretical physics much thought before I started listening to C2C. And if I did, I don't think I knew that I was thinking about theoretical physics. Hmm...

Quote from: Art is the Best on April 12, 2008, 05:46:52 AM
Come to think of it, I didn't give theoretical physics much thought before I started listening to C2C. And if I did, I don't think I knew that I was thinking about theoretical physics. Hmm...

I totally feel the same.  I remember the first time I listened to Dr. Kaku on C2C in the late nineties, and I was blown away.  I had been listening to Art/C2C for awhile by that time and loved it, but I think it was that show that cemented my affection for C2C. Most of the "legit" science programs will always be at the top of my list of favourite programs.

As for other guest, J.C. makes me howl everytime - classic stuff. And I love the, ummm, Red Bear(?), the lizard-people guy. As far as Ed Dames goes, I'm not sure about how I feel about him. A good example of Art's skill are any interviews with Paul Moller - the SkyCar guy,  AND Mel.  These were great examples of Art being "intrigued" and "astonished" when the subject matter was probably less then amazing in real-life. He could sometimes make it sound as if he was nine year old boy again reading "Amazing Stories" comics in a tent in his backyard. . 

Queen

QuoteAs for other guest, J.C. makes me howl everytime - classic stuff. And I love the, ummm, Red Bear(?), the lizard-people guy.

i think ur refering to red elk  he talks about talking to rocks and lizard people who live in the earth and he lives in a trailor park. it's interesting to listen to and very entertaining cos i can picture this dude with a bong while he's telling these stories :))

Quote from: NIN on May 12, 2008, 12:31:22 AM
i think ur refering to red elk  he talks about talking to rocks and lizard people who live in the earth and he lives in a trailor park. it's interesting to listen to and very entertaining cos i can picture this dude with a bong while he's telling these stories :))

Thank you! Gold Star for NIN ;D Red Elk, classic.  It's funny, he does sound like he's hit his share of various "wacky" substances, but then out of nowhere he'll say something that is on point and/or insightful.  Then he'll go back to talking about horny lizard people.

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 13, 2008, 11:29:28 PM
It's funny, he does sound like he's hit his share of various "wacky" substances, but then out of nowhere he'll say something that is on point and/or insightful.  Then he'll go back to talking about horny lizard people.

Which is more-or-less typical of someone indulging in various "wacky" substances.

Quote from: Art is the Best on April 11, 2008, 01:02:03 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the way Art can keep people interested in a guy talking about a hole in his back yard for hours upon hours is arguably one of the best testiments to his talent. Those Mel's Hole shows aren't among my favorites, but doubt if anyone else could pull off such shows so well. Anybody else have any favorite/least favorite guests or topics that you probably couldn't have listened to if it weren't for Art?

funny you should mention this.  i was listening to some of those mel's hole recording last week at work.  the first appearance was somewhat interesting but the whole thing started to unravel when art him had back on for follow-up interviews.   

my faves...
- john draper aka cap n' crunch (the first show i actually called in on)
- graham hancock
- i liked the hale bopp shows too.  chuck shrameck worked on a local morning radio show here in houston.  he always had some of the most off the wall news segments.

as far as the worst   my least favorite....
- Linda Molten Howell
- any episode dealing with weather anomalies.

cthulhubunny

The main stuff I don't like that Art covers are the religious themed shows (ie Who or What is God? Reincarnation, asscended masters, etc) - I like when he interviews the God Particle guy (and the like), but that's more along the lines of hard physics than soft religion..

By far my favorites are the kook science ones and Old School Conspiracy stuff.

Actually, as far as religion goes, I do enjoy that Giants guy - but he seems to be more a guest of Noory than Art. I actually bought all his Giant books last year (on a whim). They were interesting.

Bigfoot = Tired
Chupacabra = Wired

Philadelphia Experiment, Time Travel Theory, M. Kaku, EVPs -- totally rock.

There was a great show a while back, I don't remember if it was Art or not - but the guest was this guy ranting about the horrors of drinking milk, which he called Cow Pus. He had me convinced for about 24 hours that I should never drink milk again, it was such a wonderfully gross show :)

Has Art ever interviewed Robert Anton Wilson?

Quote from: cthulhubunny on July 23, 2008, 08:37:10 AM

Has Art ever interviewed Robert Anton Wilson?

i believe he has. it was on an episode with major ed dames.  7/17/1997
i have the mp3 of that show on one my computers at home.   

MV/Liberace!

i again would like to mention, for those of you who would like to share shows, you can easily do so through YouSendIt.com

when you upload the file, you'll choose an email address to send the file to.  just enter your own email address since it doesn't matter.  what's important is the download link they'll give you.  that link is good for 100 downloads, or 7 days, which ever happens first.

however, it's probably a good idea if you do not publicly post the link on this message board.  i would prefer that this be taken care of through the private message system.  thx.

cthulhubunny

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 23, 2008, 04:31:37 PM
i again would like to mention, for those of you who would like to share shows, you can easily do so through YouSendIt.com

That said, anyone hint hint with that RAW interview, I'd love a PM/sendit link ;)