• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

wenck

Does anyone know if the piano-sounding riff played after the first commercial break on C2C is from an actual piece of music or something just made for the show? Thank you.

My contribution to the "new bumper music" playlist:

The Knife - Heartbeats (Live)

The Knife - Live - Heartbeats

Don't know if it's been talked about yet, but I wonder what kind of bumper music Art will use on his new show. I'm sure Giorgio Moroder's "The Chase" is out as the main theme as C2C seems to have a hold on that now, but it almost seems out of place for him to do a show without the calypso melodies, Abba, Fleetwood Mac, Crystal Gayle and the like that he used to always use. I don't know if maybe he could use the old Dreamland theme "The Oh of Pleasure" (personally I preferred that one better than "The Chase") but I'm sure knowing his vast knowledge of classic rock & roll tunes as well as a deep appreciation for all types of music that he should be able to pick a pretty good list, barring copyright grants and whatnot.

What do you people think might make for the best bumper music for his new show, or what would your "dream list" be?

"I call it 'The Quickening.'" -Art Bell

Not bad. The first two are kinda Art Bell-ish. Sounds like something he'd use. I don't know about the one from "Oblivion" though. Personally if he were to use a song from a Tom Cruise movie, I think we all know what the obvious choice should be...

Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
I don't care who you are, both this song and the movie still kick ass!

Also, I've always been a fan of this one as bumper music too.

J. Geils Band - Centerfold

Here's another one I just thought of that might work. Has a kinda creepy lead in to it.

Van Halen-The Seventh Seal...

I think Ride My See Saw would be fantastic as an intro

Moody Blues - Ride my see saw

can anybody tell me what song this is?

zeph

I've found the new theme
Band name/song NSFW
watch?v=9devgwzxffg

Hawk

Art was quite active on Facebook Saturday night, so I took a shot and asked him if any decisions were made about Dark Matter's theme song and the use of Midnight Express.

Art replied with the following:
"I picked out that theme and the thunder long ago. If I used it many would think I was a copycat, it's been that long..... I have a better idea. See you on the 16th"

bateman

Quote from: Hawk on August 19, 2013, 02:48:55 PM
Art was quite active on Facebook Saturday night, so I took a shot and asked him if any decisions were made about Dark Matter's theme song and the use of Midnight Express.

Art replied with the following:
"I picked out that theme and the thunder long ago. If I used it many would think I was a copycat, it's been that long..... I have a better idea. See you on the 16th"

Intriguing.

ItsOver

One thing I'm sure of.  It's going to be most excellent.  8)

One thing for sure. Art has always been able to choose appropriate music for the theme the show is taking on a night and also able to choose music that was also comfortable for the hour. Some of the Music on C@C now really would not be my choice in the wee hours. Oddly for me he used to play things I have in my old LP's anyway. Probably one reason I could relax yet stay awake for his show. But part of my time I was in Hawaii and the show was on at 8PM there.

LeslieV

Here is one I heard Art play way back.  The phasing sound is a sound Art seemed to enjoy and appreicate.

The Big Hurt by Tony fisher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlE6eHEENg4

Post it up on the site Art or Keith and let the ears bleed more!!

sleeplessinca

I can't wait to see what Art comes up with.  He's into music and will have great new stuff, awesome old stuff and probably a mix of both.  Bateman's movie music is a great idea cuz it is the most compelling, The Chase came from a movie.  No one heard of Cuzco much until Art.  He loves music so I have no fears. 

If Sirius gave Art a music channel, would you listen?

LeslieV

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 29, 2013, 06:13:52 AM
If Sirius gave Art a music channel, would you listen?

Yep, sure would !

Renaldo

What an intriguing idea. Yes, yes I would. Maybe it could be some of Art's bumper music mixed in with callers from old shows.

At seems to have an ear for upbeat poppy 'fun' songs.  Which are perfect for bumpers since the main idea is to let the listener know the show is about to come back from or go to commercials.

sleeplessinca

There was a often a personal connection between the music and Art.  I'm looking forward to that again.

sleeplessinca

OK, so I'm on a Dan Hicks kick but Art might ant to consider the haunting "I Scare Myself" as part of his mix.  Spine shaking every time I hear it.  You could say it sets a mood.

I tried to imbed it but it won't let me.   :-X 

Here's the link

http://youtu.be/O0h6FBbw8jY

Quote from: sleeplessinca on August 28, 2013, 08:37:54 AM
I can't wait to see what Art comes up with.  He's into music and will have great new stuff, awesome old stuff and probably a mix of both.  Bateman's movie music is a great idea cuz it is the most compelling, The Chase came from a movie.  No one heard of Cuzco much until Art.  He loves music so I have no fears.

I'm sure C2C will cling desperately to "The Chase" and Cuzco, mistaking the cover for the book, the poster for the movie.  They probably think they got a real winner with JBW -- a voice well-seasoned with gravity and mystery.  But those things wither -- Art will bring an engaged and engaging mind to whatever topics he discusses with his guests and callers. 

I recall when Obama took over office, he said right away that not everyone on the left would agree with everything he would do and say (he got that right).  I'm sure Art will have a few misfires here and there.  I think having Hoagland aboard is a mistake.  (Will Hoagie double dip and remain on C2C?  Inquiring minds want to know.)  But overall, Art's new program -- for however long it lasts -- will be a ride with taking.

ACE of CLUBS

Agree that having Richard Hoagland as a guest would wear pretty thin in a hurry.  Hoagland has had his way on C2C with Noory, and has slid from 'just crazy' to 'batshit crazy'.....  It would be beneath Art to try to make any sense from Hoagland's input now.  Noory thinks that he has a 'science adviser' on his show, and that Hoagland is credible. Best to keep Noory thinking that.

There are much better guests to choose from ......

I do hope Art plays "Some Velvet Morning" from time to time.  His bumper music, as has been well-said earlier in this thread, will be strong, but casting away Nancy and Lee cuz Noory thinks the music is now his would be unfortunate.

Foodlion

Anyone like J Well's bumper music? This song is nice on the ears ebudae enya extended version

Its something I could see Art using for Dark Matter.