• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bypass Windows logon - no password needed

Started by HAL 9000, September 05, 2012, 02:11:34 AM

HAL 9000

Here's a neat little tool, which will allow you to boot to almost any Windows machine even if password protected. It does not in any way change any passwords on the host machine - rather, it patches some Windows Logon Authentication files during boot-up in RAM, so no files are affected on the hard drive. It leaves no trace of having been used.

It has options to boot from a USB, CD, or floppy.

Read more here: http://www.piotrbania.com/all/kon-boot/index2.html

If this sounds useful, feel free to PM for the link.

So, assume you have installed this app onto a very cheap tiny thumb-drive. Making sure the computer will boot from USB, simply reboot machine with thumb-drive in port, and when presented with the logon screen, enter nothing, or any gobbledygook, and voila! - continue to a normally functioning machine.

Note: I have not tested this as I normally do, as I have set up my machines to have no logon screen. Worked perfectly though on a professional webcast show.

ziznak

Quote from: HAL 9000 on September 06, 2012, 12:39:42 AM
Only in the hands of badguys. I only use my power for good vs. evil.  ;D
and occasionally hacking wifi!! lol
thanks for the link... with great responsibility comes great irresponsibility...
:o ::) :P

HAL 9000

One quick caveat - it may not work with some BIOS'. There website:

Quotehttp://piotrbania.com/all/kon-boot/index2.html

states: "Warning: Kon Boot may not work on all PC machines due to different (often old) BIOS versions."

I found this to be true. It did not work on my 5-6 year POS HP I got free for fixing someone's computer. But it did work perfectly on my newer "beast" machine.

Note: when booting (on my beast), the screen flashed by in a few milliseconds, then went black. I thought maybe it wasn't working, but I just had to wait maybe 15-30 seconds, then it booted straight to Windows 7 Ultimate, despite my having actived a password logon. Worked great.

I recommend reading their website.