• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on October 11, 2016, 07:48:13 PM
between fantasy and pick em..this year sucks for football lol

I'm struggling a bit with the pick em but am quite happy with my fantasy teams.  Especially since I lost 4 starters to injury by the second week.  :(

starrmtn001

Here is the chat log for tonight's show, starting from when I came in.  Sorry I missed the opening. :-[

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on October 12, 2016, 04:16:42 PM
I'm struggling a bit with the pick em but am quite happy with my fantasy teams.  Especially since I lost 4 starters to injury by the second week.  :(

i am doing pretty poorly in both my leagues...every loss has come against guys having their best weeks lol

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on October 12, 2016, 10:13:14 PM
i am doing pretty poorly in both my leagues...every loss has come against guys having their best weeks lol
I have managed to win 1 game so far. Freakin unbelievable.

Zenman

Wow! Boltz win despite having been ahead the entire game, lol!  ;D

akwilly

Quote from: Zenman on October 13, 2016, 10:17:36 PM
HaHa Mike McCoy couldn't even watch the ending

I haven't really started paying attention this season yet. 

Is that stupid piece of shit in Carolina still 'dabbin' and telling the opposition to stop his team if they don't like it?

trostol

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 16, 2016, 08:25:11 PM
I haven't really started paying attention this season yet. 

Is that stupid piece of shit in Carolina still 'dabbin' and telling the opposition to stop his team if they don't like it?

no he is not..only thing i note is he was acting like a child again today when speaking to the media

Quote from: trostol on October 16, 2016, 08:26:54 PM
no he is not..only thing i note is he was acting like a child again today when speaking to the media

How much do you think he wasted on the top hat, bow tie, and lapel pin?  $20k?

trostol

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 16, 2016, 08:48:42 PM
How much do you think he wasted on the top hat, bow tie, and lapel pin?  $20k?

20k on the pin alone lol

TigerLily

Quote from: Zenman on October 13, 2016, 10:17:36 PM

By their lowest amount of points. Maybe they have just been trying too hard

GravitySucks

Hoyer broke his left (non-throwing) arm getting hit during the Packers game.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 20, 2016, 09:24:33 PM
Hoyer broke his left (non-throwing) arm getting hit during the Packers game.

I saw that. Brutal

Juan

It's no wonder the Jaguars have trouble.  This year's schedule is typical with one game in Jacksonville in October and one in November.  Home games are in September when it blisteringly hot and humid, and December when it's 55F, 85% humidity and a 15-knot wind.  October and November are beautiful.

I'm still trying to figure out why I am staying up watching this game.

Quote from: Juan on October 23, 2016, 07:28:33 AM
It's no wonder the Jaguars have trouble.  This year's schedule is typical with one game in Jacksonville in October and one in November.  Home games are in September when it blisteringly hot and humid, and December when it's 55F, 85% humidity and a 15-knot wind.  October and November are beautiful.
Same with the Cleveland Clowns.  2 home games in the first 7 weeks when it's actually decent weather.

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on October 23, 2016, 10:07:48 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why I am staying up watching this game.

Because it's great seeing a Pete Carol coached team in decline?

akwilly

I still don't understand the difference between incidental and accidental contact

Quote from: akwilly on October 23, 2016, 11:06:16 PM
I still don't understand the difference between incidental and accidental contact

Incidental doesn't affect the play, accidental affects the play but isn't intentional

akwilly

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 23, 2016, 11:10:05 PM
Cam Newton spent his bye week shopping for his next post-game clown suit
true but it's still a weird call. When the Seattle guy jumped over the line whos to say he didn't affect the way the kicker kicked especially after having one blocked. He clearly made contact with a few lineman when jumping the pile

Quote from: akwilly on October 23, 2016, 11:14:58 PM
true but it's still a weird call. When the Seattle guy jumped over the line whos to say he didn't affect the way the kicker kicked especially after having one blocked. He clearly made contact with a few lineman when jumping the pile

Incidental, accidental, intentional - shouldn't matter.  It's either contact and a foul as written in the rule book, or it isn't.  I'm so tired of watching both the receiver and the defender hacking each other on the way down the field, followed by an arbitrary call or non-call.  If the rules are not clear, fix them.

They need to hire full-time officials who can keep up with the speed of the game, not a bunch of geezers doing it as a weekend side gig.

While they're at it, get a panel of former players, coaches, and officials to completely rewrite the replay review rules and process, and follow their recommendations.

zeebo

That Seattle / AZ game was one of the weirdest games that I actually enjoyed.  It was like some kind of post-modern play. 

Quote from: akwilly on October 23, 2016, 11:14:58 PM
When he jumped over at the end, he didn't make contact with the center or the linesman.  The linesman grabbed him, which meant his leap was perfectly legal.

GravitySucks

I was pissed when the Texans released Foster after last year, but I guess they knew something I didn't.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016/10/25/arian-foster-retires/

GravitySucks

Akwilly - it would appear that the 4.5 point spread in the Vikings/Bears game would be the pick of the week. I don't see the Bears keeping the game that close. They never win at Soldier's Field.

I don't know who the Bears QB will be. Hoyer broke his arm. Not sure if Cutler is back from his thumb injury.

I don't bet, but this point spread seemed awfully small.

trostol

someone that knows what they are doing needs to buy the Browns lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 30, 2016, 09:09:30 AM
Akwilly - it would appear that the 4.5 point spread in the Vikings/Bears game would be the pick of the week. I don't see the Bears keeping the game that close. They never win at Soldier's Field.

I don't know who the Bears QB will be. Hoyer broke his arm. Not sure if Cutler is back from his thumb injury.

I don't bet, but this point spread seemed awfully small.

LOL - now you see why I don't bet. Bears won 20-10