• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: TigerLily on October 12, 2017, 09:12:52 AM
Ignorance is power.  Hey! That would be the perfect motto for Bellgab. Praise mv

So, what, we should all learn Arabic and study the Koran? 

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 12, 2017, 12:04:48 PM
So, what, we should all learn Arabic and study the Koran?

oy vey! i once knew a guy that was radicalized by isis. well, he was probably ensnared by the indonesian poon. a lot of freak boys from nevada swing that way. wew lads!

Bomar

Dudes and Dudettes,...

"A Dark Song", sounds like it is the anthem for "Black Mirror"...

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mirror

Bomar

Bomar

Dudes and Dudettes,...

Lake County Illinois is next to my old county McHenry County...

Lake County Illinois is the Northeast Corner of Illinois...

Fox Lake is in McHenry County, but the City of Fox Lake is in Lake County...

Bomar

GravitySucks

Quote from: Bomar on October 16, 2017, 10:10:36 PM
Dudes and Dudettes,...

Lake County Illinois is next to my old county McHenry County...

Lake County Illinois is the Northeast Corner of Illinois...

Fox Lake is in McHenry County, but the City of Fox Lake is in Lake County...

Bomar

Soent a lot of time there. Had relatives on Fox and Grass Lake and used to go camping at Timber Lake near Antioch as a kid.

Bomar

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 16, 2017, 10:30:07 PM
Soent a lot of time there. Had relatives on Fox and Grass Lake and used to go camping at Timber Lake near Antioch as a kid.

Gravity,...

I am from McHenry, I grew up on the Fox River...

Had a boat and waterskied from dawn to dusk...

To get gas money, we would tow boats and cut grass...

I loved the 60's-70's... 30 cents for a gallon of gas back then...

$5.00 back then, you could get 5 gallons of gas, oil, and still stop at the Dam for a couple Hamburgers, Fries, and Cokes...

Bomar

GravitySucks

Quote from: Bomar on October 16, 2017, 10:37:45 PM
Gravity,...

$ 5.00 then you could get gas, oil, and still stop at the Dam for a Hamburger...

Bomar

We went camping on the side of the river underneath that tall bridge. Can’t remember the route number right now. I moved to Texas in 72 but grew up mainly in the west side of Chicago. Mostly Northlake. Northlake PD city picnic used to be at Round Lake.

Bomar

Gravity,...

Which tall bridge, McHenry, Johnsburg, Fox Lake, Grass Lake?...

Stone or Steel Bridge?...

Bomar

GravitySucks

Quote from: Bomar on October 16, 2017, 10:48:32 PM
Gravity,...

Which tall bridge, McHenry, Johnsburg, Fox Lake, Grass Lake?...

Stone or Steel Bridge?...

Bomar

It was a tall steel bridge over the river. Can’t recall right now. There was a real small campground there upriver from the bridge. Most of my camping was at timber lake where they used to have the Indian powwows in the summer.

Bomar

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 16, 2017, 10:55:31 PM
It was a tall steel bridge over the river. Can’t recall right now. There was a real small campground there upriver from the bridge. Most of my camping was at timber lake where they used to have the Indian powwows in the summer.

Gravity,...

The longest bridge on the "Fox River Chain", (Chain of Lakes), is Route 12 between Fox Lake and Pistakee Bay...

There was also the Grass Lake Bridge... North of Fox Lake...

Between Fox Lake and Grass Lake...

Bomar

GravitySucks

Quote from: Bomar on October 16, 2017, 11:01:05 PM
Gravity,...

The longest bridge on the "Fox River Chain", (Chain of Lakes), is Route 12 between Fox Lake and Pistakee Bay...

There was also the Grass Lake Bridge... North of Fox Lake...

Between Fox Lake and Grass Lake...

Bomar

My grandparents had a cabin on wonder lake but I don’t have any memory of it. Just pictures.

GravitySucks

My Aunt’s place was close to Chain of Lakes. That was were my uncle used to take me fishing for bluegill with old cane poles. They didn’t have indoor plumbing until the late 60’s. Just a well pump and an outhouse.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 16, 2017, 11:18:37 PM
My Aunt’s place was close to Chain of Lakes. That was were my uncle used to take me fishing for bluegill with old cane poles. They didn’t have indoor plumbing until the late 60’s. Just a well pump and an outhouse.
A strange thing but, to this day, when someone says a lake house etc I'm looking more for that kind of thing. Not a McMansion on the lake (even though, it is great.)

Bomar

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 16, 2017, 11:18:37 PM

Gravity,...

The Fox River flows through the Chain of Lakes...

From Algonquin to Lake Marie, (at the Wisconsin Border)...

Bomar

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 16, 2017, 11:46:05 PM
A strange thing but, to this day, when someone says a lake house etc I'm looking more for that kind of thing. Not a McMansion on the lake (even though, it is great.)

Check out Lake Limestone. There are some houses, some farms, some fish camps and no real development. The lake is in the Nacodoches up near Groesbeck and Mexia. Lots have gone up some the last 5 years but still reasonable and since it is not a Corps lake you can get a permit for a pier/boathouse.

I’m not on the lake but it is close enough to enjoy.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Bomar on October 16, 2017, 10:37:45 PM
Gravity,...

$5.00 back then, you could get 5 gallons of gas, oil, and still stop at the Dam for a couple Hamburgers, Fries, and Cokes...

Bomar

Bomar, I thought you were channeling me for a moment. I grew up on the Fox River as well just north of Burton's Bridge*, so technically a McHenry address, Crystal Lake phone number and high school, but did most shopping in Island Lake. Went to an odd grade school in Prairie Grove and called "Nunda" in case of fire. If the cops were needed they would be grumpy because they had to come from Woodstock, twenty minutes away.

Remember the Blizzard of 79', Steve Dahl and of course Da Bears in 1986?

*the landmark was the Long Branch Saloon for those that didn't know the bridges

Bomar

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 17, 2017, 12:23:25 AM
Bomar, I thought you were channeling me for a moment. I grew up on the Fox River as well just north of Burton's Bridge*, so technically a McHenry address, Crystal Lake phone number and high school, but did most shopping in Island Lake. Went to an odd grade school in Prairie Grove and called "Nunda" in case of fire. If the cops were needed they would be grumpy because they had to come from Woodstock, twenty minutes away.

Remember the Blizzard of 79', Steve Dahl and of course Da Bears in 1986?

*the landmark was the Long Branch Saloon for those that didn't know the bridges

Dyna,...

I lived just past Snug Harbor... down those 2 white pillars...

I also lived in Nunda Township...

Bomar  (Class of 75)

Dyna-X

Quote from: Bomar on October 17, 2017, 01:40:06 AM
Dyna,...

I lived just past Snug Harbor... down those 2 white pillars...

I also lived in Nunda Township...

Bomar  (Class of 75)

Holy smokes, three of us on the board from the area. I remember your neighborhood. First came there in May 1976 and there was a fair amount of flooding.  Graduated about 14 years later. Been through this place a hundred times. Remember all those white No Wake Buoys? Loved all the crushed limestone paths they made at Moraine Hills for bike riding.

Bomar

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 17, 2017, 04:10:56 AM
Holy smokes, three of us on the board from the area. I remember your neighborhood. First came there in May 1976 and there was a fair amount of flooding.  Graduated about 14 years later. Been through this place a hundred times. Remember all those white No Wake Buoys? Loved all the crushed limestone paths they made at Moraine Hills for bike riding.

Dyna,...

When I grew up, Moraine Hills was an abandoned farm, we called "Motorcycle Hills"...

In 1973 we had a Boy Scout Camporee there before the reconstruction of the farm into a State Park in 1974...

I delivered the "Daily News" Newspaper from the White Pillars (Mineral Springs) to the Dam ... Every afternoon from 1969 to 1974...

Remember the "Oakhurst Hill", on the back roadway to the dam...

Bomar

who made heather chang/wade the queen of late night paranormal radio..last I saw she was not even rated in the top 50 paranormal stream sites

Oh and please do not give me ART Bell, Art the serial quitter Bell.. watch out for those fire crackers

Rix Gins

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on October 18, 2017, 08:43:25 PM
who made heather chang/wade the queen of late night paranormal radio..last I saw she was not even rated in the top 50 paranormal stream sites

"Even melon grown in shade will ripen in the end."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 18, 2017, 08:57:35 PM
"Even melon grown in shade will ripen in the end."

I'm skeptical. What does number one son have to say?  ???

Rix Gins

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 18, 2017, 09:04:58 PM
I'm skeptical. What does number one son have to say?  ???

"How do you do it, Pop?"

Alex Jones encouraged listeners to attack Sandy hook families?  No more conspiracy shows? I think last night's guest broke her brain.
At least Lasha's artwork is improving

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 20, 2017, 11:43:07 AM
Alex Jones encouraged listeners to attack Sandy hook families?  No more conspiracy shows? I think last night's guest broke her brain.
At least Lasha's artwork is improving

This is the same woman who spent 3 nights on the second Las Vegas shooter nonsense .

ItsOver

Yeah but she's getting better every year.  I'd say every day but my suckology meter isn't that sensitive.

ninjashoes

She rates number #1 in hottest women in paranormal radio.