• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 26, 2018, 01:41:25 PM
Yeah, but can it ever get dark enough?
Behind the Blindfold Foundation.

ksm32

Annoyed that the best cheeses taste like a beautiful woman's feet.   And yeah I've tasted both so I know what I'm talkin' bout.

ShayP

Quote from: ksm32 on March 07, 2018, 03:48:05 AM
Annoyed that the best cheeses taste like a beautiful woman's feet.   And yeah I've tasted both so I know what I'm talkin' bout.

ShayP

Construction outside my door starting at 7:00 am...for 2 months now.  >:(

albrecht

Too friggin early for the first Janus-style sunburn. Went to a game today and it became sunny and approached 90. Of course forget sunscreen because was cloudy early and wasn't this hot. So look in mirror after and got the half-faced Janus deal working, and since still have winter beard very Roman looking! Now, with Aloe a weird alien look on one side of face...call David Icke!

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on March 11, 2018, 12:18:00 AM
Too friggin early for the first Janus-style sunburn. Went to a game today and it became sunny and approached 90. Of course forget sunscreen because was cloudy early and wasn't this hot. So look in mirror after and got the half-faced Janus deal working, and since still have winter beard very Roman looking! Now, with Aloe a weird alien look on one side of face...call David Icke!

Sorry man.  But...I'm laughing.   My apologies.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on March 11, 2018, 12:24:37 AM
Sorry man.  But...I'm laughing.   My apologies.
I laugh also. Plan to go fishing tomorrow and will sunscreen that half and ear/neck portion. In some hope to even out. Not doctor advised but? Barring that I'm going to put on a robe and go downtown and do some "busking" for SXSW crowds via Roman oration, as Janus or some such,  and get paid by the city. We are so fucked up here.
http://kxan.com/2018/03/10/austinites-get-a-preview-of-the-citys-busking-pilot-program/

pate

NPR's "World Café"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-EdRtL9qU

Bruce Jeneer is frei to assault the gender of choisir, mmmm'limited?

Ghey...

ediot: front, mang

Jojo

People who keep cats on busy streets and don't even sterilize them.

Jojo

The play arrow on videos right in the MIDDLE of the focus area!  So if you go screen by screen, second by second, to play back slow - the stupid arrow blocks the central point.

Oh, and how You Tube doesn't seem to have You Slow and no easy access to You Repeat.

Jojo

How the handles to a sinkare about as far away from my reach as possible.

And how children nationwide basically can't reach most public sinks let alone the soap, to wash their hands.  At all.  Anywhere.  For the first 7 years of their lives.  It is our fault daycares spread the flu to homes, which then spread it to workplaces.

Uncle Duke

Maybe more puzzling than annoying, but...

My daughter and her family decided they would adopt a dog from a local rescue organization.  This turned out to be more of an ordeal than one would imagine, requiring them to fill out an eleven page application and submit to an in person interview.  Among other things, they had to provide references, a list of any/all pets they've owned for ten years (complete with vets' names), their employment status, photos/description/dimensions of their home and yard, list of family members in the home with ages/education/occupation/medical conditions, description of where/with whom the dog will sleep, what they intend to name the dog, etc.

It's easier to get a home loan than to get a dog (that would otherwise be euthanized) from these people.  I get it, they love animals and want them to go to good homes, but this process seems over the top.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 21, 2018, 11:14:04 AM

My daughter and her family decided they would adopt a dog from a local rescue organization.  This turned out to be more of an ordeal than one would imagine, requiring them to fill out an eleven page application and submit to an in person interview.  Among other things, they had to provide references, a list of any/all pets they've owned for ten years (complete with vets' names), their employment status, photos/description/dimensions of their home and yard, list of family members in the home with ages/education/occupation/medical conditions, description of where/with whom the dog will sleep, what they intend to name the dog, etc.

It's easier to get a home loan than to get a dog (that would otherwise be euthanized) from these people.  I get it, they love animals and want them to go to good homes, but this process seems over the top.

When I told them that I planned to name the dog “Shithead, III” they tore up my application. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 21, 2018, 03:56:58 PM
When I told them that I planned to name the dog “Shithead, III” they tore up my application.

Anyone with any culture would know there's real love in that name. ::)

albrecht

I've heard that in some places it is almost easier to foster a child, at least temporarily, than to adopt a dog/cat from a shelter. I hope people were joking but considering some of the horror stories, the supply, etc it could be true. I can understand, say during Halloween some oddly dressed people want to adopt a black cat or a goat, or if some gangbangers with some pitbulls in their car want to adopt some dogs, that they might want to double-check but the paperwork, background checks, etc for normal people is crazy. Especially because there are so many available and the animal-rights types want "no kill" shelters- that means you should want them adopted!

paladin1991

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 21, 2018, 03:56:58 PM
https://youtu.be/howO-wo7XOM

Jojo

I'm glad to hear life is valued more than things!!

When I adopted out a rescue dog to a family 40 miles away, I did a background check and a home visit.  It was a pain, but I never, ever wanted that dog hurt again.  There had been a failed adoption before that, where I was so desperate to get the dog adopted, that I skipped steps and it wasn't a good match.  Fortunately, that guy was honest and brought the dog back.

When I adopted a cat in 2002, the prices was similar to the one you described, except the app was short, and home dimensions and photos were not needed.  I somehow conveniently forgot to list a couple pets, the one that caught leukemia and the one that was attacked and died of shock in the veterinary clinic.  When I got home, I realized my mistake.  Awkward.  Maybe I learned from my mistakes, as it lived a very long time.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on March 22, 2018, 08:13:13 PM
When I adopted out a rescue dog to a family 40 miles away, I did a background check and a home visit.

I feel like you could have done at least as much before voting for Obama.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on March 22, 2018, 08:18:55 PM
I feel like you could have done at least as much before voting for Obama.
You didn't like Obama?

Jojo

When you print the nearby registered sex offender map from government officials... and your boss as well as manager and coworker tell you to stop printing sex stuff. W-O-W.  W-O-W.

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on March 22, 2018, 09:37:50 PM
When you print the nearby registered sex offender map from government officials... and your boss as well as manager and coworker tell you to stop printing sex stuff. W-O-W.  W-O-W.
1) Were they, or friends/family-members, on the "list?"
2) If not related to work why wouldn't they complain about using company resources not related to work? Print it, and look at it, on your own time and equipment.

Quote from: albrecht on March 22, 2018, 09:45:24 PM
1) Were they, or friends/family-members, on the "list?" .....ONLY the men.  ;)
2) If not related to work why wouldn't they complain about using company resources not related to work? Print it, and look at it, on your own time and equipment. .....First & Last Warning.  ;D

Quote from: albrecht on March 22, 2018, 09:45:24 PM
1) Were they, or friends/family-members, on the "list?"
2) If not related to work why wouldn't they complain about using company resources not related to work? Print it, and look at it, on your own time and equipment.

... and to everyone according to their need.

Quote from: Jojo on March 22, 2018, 08:13:13 PM
I'm glad to hear life is valued more than things!!
Let's not get carried away now!

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 22, 2018, 10:15:10 PM
Printing wasn't the issue; printing "sex stuff" was the issue. 226 registered rapists and molesters live within 5 miles of the workplace.  I wouldn't call that "sex stuff".  More like crime stats.

This is a family business franchise that is kind to employees!  That's their prerogative!

Maybe I should check for his name on a registry.  Only an offender would call crime stats "sex stuff", for crying out loud.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on March 23, 2018, 12:35:37 AM
Printing wasn't the issue; printing "sex stuff" was the issue. 226 registered rapists and molesters live within 5 miles of the workplace.  I wouldn't call that "sex stuff".  More like crime stats.

This is a family business franchise that is kind to employees!  That's their prerogative!

Maybe I should check for his name on a registry.  Only an offender would call crime stats "sex stuff", for crying out loud.

I'm glad you have no real political power. It's probably for the best. I hope it stays that way.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 23, 2018, 12:49:44 AM
I'm glad you have no real political power. It's probably for the best. I hope it stays that way.
This is not a political thread.  I'm glad you aren't hitched.  Womankind may be better off that way!

Juan

You people no longer post enough amusing material to suit me.

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 22, 2018, 10:15:10 PM
"Good times, good times...."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on March 23, 2018, 07:32:18 AM
"Good times, good times...."

Half the people on this board seem to want this kind of future. Idiots! ::)