• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

The spreadsheet took about 45 minutes to set up and add all the shipping addresses. 20 minutes verifying orders. At least that long again entering emails into a cc list and writing an update. What's that? Dinner's ready? Cool, be right there. BOOM!!!! Explosion from down the street. Power goes off. I fall to my knees and cry like a little girl.

Quote from: Radio⚡Activity on June 19, 2017, 06:18:23 PM
The spreadsheet took about 45 minutes to set up and add all the shipping addresses. 20 minutes verifying orders. At least that long again entering emails into a cc list and writing an update. What's that? Dinner's ready? Cool, be right there. BOOM!!!! Explosion from down the street. Power goes off. I fall to my knees and cry like a little girl.

Doesn't Excel auto-save at certain intervals as you go?  Try to see if it got saved wherever it saves documents by default (Documents Library?)

On the other hand, redoing it will take considerably less time the second time around  :)

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 19, 2017, 07:27:48 PM
Doesn't Excel auto-save at certain intervals as you go?  Try to see if it got saved wherever it saves documents by default (Documents Library?)

On the other hand, redoing it will take considerably less time the second time around  :)

Hope so. Excel on a mac isn't exactly stable. I'll find out eventually when the power comes back. Might be a while though. I pretty much live in BFE.

coaster

Parents who force their "gender fluidity" onto their children. Look, parents, you're adults, and are completely free to explore whatever sexuality that's in this year, but you are fucking up little Timmy when you put him in that dress and call him Timbilina.

BobGrau

Quote from: coaster on July 14, 2017, 04:29:14 PM
Parents who force their "gender fluidity" onto their children. Look, parents, you're adults, and are completely free to explore whatever sexuality that's in this year, but you are fucking up little Timmy when you put him in that dress and call him Timbilina.

With a name like Timmy, he was already fucked.

bateman

For the second time in as many days, seen people in restaurants not even look up from their phones to acknowledge the server, let alone say "thank you" when they bring their food. That's a special kind of douchebag.

ShayP

Quote from: b🎱man on July 18, 2017, 03:29:23 PM
For the second time in as many days, seen people in restaurants not even look up from their phones to acknowledge the server, let alone say "thank you" when they bring their food. That's a special kind of douchebag.

That's protocol for many now.   I took my Mom out to breakfast and everyone within my view did the same thing.  I pointed it out to her and she didn't understand why people do that.  Nor do I.  :-\

Quote from: ShayP on July 19, 2017, 12:58:13 PM
That's protocol for many now.   I took my Mom out to breakfast and everyone within my view did the same thing.  I pointed it out to her and she didn't understand why people do that.  Nor do I.  :-\

Yeah, what is so fascinating about these things that people can't put them down?

albrecht

Quote from: b🎱man on July 19, 2017, 08:35:22 PM
http://m.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/a-1104237.html
Nice analysis. I've heard of this in Vegas years ago. They have a 'commission,' as we all know, and laws, but the power of computers combined with psychology means that they have algorithms to set pay-outs, in keeping with the 'regulations,' but manipulate basic human brain activity so as to lure and addict people to slots and video poker in particular (other games as well but that is the easiest because computer based, linked, and run.) No surprise that video games and apps do this but amazing that more people, governments, churches, society, etc don't complain...especially when many 'free' apps are also associated with data-mining or fraud. But, then again, many of them had seed money and associations with said groups or give to them. So...brave new world. What is 'funny' is that people are demanding/wanting/paying for a system that even the most evil Stasi type of person could design!

Androids are turning people into cyborgs, Iphones turning people into automatons. 5G will destroy Humanity.  Place your micro-microwave devise up and slow cook your brain. Agenda 21 and the "Idiocracy " is here and now! Cashless is coming, chips in your hand, Iphone 10 will control you. Your future transportation will be a pod that drives itself and will take you to the Fema Camp when your phone decides you are a useless eater.

It doesn't pay to get Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, or Chinese food in suburbia, unless there are several competing places in the area.  Overpriced and lousy.  This appears universal - and likely applies to everything else as well.

I'm giving up, and accepting that I need to go down the freeway a ways to get something reasonable.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 03, 2017, 08:37:34 PM
It doesn't pay to get Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, or Chinese food in suburbia, unless there are several competing places in the area.  Overpriced and lousy.  This appears universal - and likely applies to everything else as well.

I'm giving up, and accepting that I need to go down the freeway a ways to get something reasonable.
]
Damn! Aren't you in San Fran? My recollection is that there's great food everywhere there.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 03, 2017, 10:25:05 PM
]
Damn! Aren't you in San Fran? My recollection is that there's great food everywhere there.

Not in the strip malls in the bedroom communities.  I continue to re-learn this..

That magical moment when there is a flood alert and everybody's cell phone on the subway goes off at the same time with that annoying high pitched alarm.

ZaZa

Quote from: bateman on August 07, 2017, 10:21:59 AM
This piece of human garbage.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/08/07/de-blasio-subway-repairs-tax-hike/

quote from your link:
"The top tax rate would rise from about 3.9 percent to 4.4 percent. It would affect individuals making more than $500,000 a year
and couples earning more than $1 million."

bateman, don't fucking tell us that you are in that bracket.... ::)

Taaroa

American news websites. They always seem to either load slowly, have an autoplaying video (which may or may not follow you as you scroll), or freeze your browser completely.

Quote from: bateman on August 07, 2017, 10:21:59 AM
This piece of human garbage.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/08/07/de-blasio-subway-repairs-tax-hike/

Seems like pissing in the wind when the MTA is losing billions every year.

https://medium.com/@johnnyknocke/the-mta-loses-six-billion-dollars-a-year-and-nobody-cares-d0d23093b2d8
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/mta-losing-money-headed-financial-ruin-article-1.2202720

ponyboysunset

Quote from: coaster on July 14, 2017, 04:29:14 PM
To go along with the above text, I recently was called genitalphobic because as a lesbian I don't like dick. That I am reducing someone down to their genitals and objectifying them. That in in fact, my love of vagina is nothing more than a fetish. I seriously hate the world we live in. Also several times now have gotten talking with someone I thought was a woman only to learn that they were in fact a man. This effects you straight people too. Imagine, if you will gentlemen, that you have gone out a few times with a smoking hot "woman" and on the designated sex night you reach down and find a cock? Yeah I'm not open minded enough to live in this new world.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 10, 2017, 09:31:13 AM
To go along with the above text, I recently was called genitalphobic because as a lesbian I don't like dick. That I am reducing someone down to their genitals and objectifying them. That in in fact, my love of vagina is nothing more than a fetish. I seriously hate the world we live in. Also several times now have gotten talking with someone I thought was a woman only to learn that they were in fact a man. This effects you straight people too. Imagine, if you will gentlemen, that you have gone out a few times with a smoking hot "woman" and on the designated sex night you reach down and find a cock? Yeah I'm not open minded enough to live in this new world.

Well, at least most people know not to bring their gerbils with them on first dates these days.

Dr. MD MD

Look, listen, sweetie! My dick is a vagina if I say it is. So, just go down on me already! Racist pig! ::)

GravitySucks

Another compelling argument for mandatory full frontal nudity.

ZaZa

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 10, 2017, 07:05:15 PM
Another compelling argument for mandatory full frontal nudity.
...or a genocide of the freaks!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 10, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Look, listen, sweetie! My dick is a vagina if I say it is. So, just go down on me already! Racist pig! ::)
Yeah that is exactly it these days. And refusing them is not an option. What in the hell is wrong with people? I learned at like 3 that girls have a vagina and boys have a penis. I have no problem with them having rights but it doesn't matter how many operations you have or how you dress you are still a man. Sigh.

http://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/04/24/activist-says-genital-preferences-dating-transphobic/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 11, 2017, 05:31:52 AM
Yeah that is exactly it these days. And refusing them is not an option. What in the hell is wrong with people? I learned at like 3 that girls have a vagina and boys have a penis. I have no problem with them having rights but it doesn't matter how many operations you have or how you dress you are still a man. Sigh.

http://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/04/24/activist-says-genital-preferences-dating-transphobic/

Refusing me will result in me trying to convince you that I just have a really big clit...and balls.  ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 11, 2017, 05:52:53 AM
Refusing me will result in me trying to convince you that I just have a really big clit...and balls.  ;)
Gets better so I may have ( I totally did ) went on a trans rant on Friday night on a radio show and got my first email telling me I was in trouble for not referring to someone by their proper pronoun. That again I need to be more open in my genital choice because trans women are just as much of a woman as I am even though they have a penis. Rolls eyes. People are insane.

damon

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 14, 2017, 08:07:15 AM
Gets better so I may have ( I totally did ) went on a trans rant on Friday night on a radio show and got my first email telling me I was in trouble for not referring to someone by their proper pronoun. That again I need to be more open in my genital choice because trans women are just as much of a woman as I am even though they have a penis. Rolls eyes. People are insane.
Don't worry PBS. I still like you.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: damon on August 14, 2017, 08:12:58 AM
Don't worry PBS. I still like you.
Thanks Damon. And things that annoy me, having to read the same God damned thing in every thread. Enough already.

ACE of CLUBS

Site cleaned up ?
Nice !
What brand of fungicide ?