• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The people that we miss on the awesome forum.

Started by georgesucks, December 17, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 13, 2015, 06:05:11 AM
The Foodlion situation remains a cold case.

Since her death, I'm noticing more and more of her books taking up more and more shelf space at the used bookstore.  They put her work in the paranormal/UFO area and it's really fucking up the aura.  She cranked out several titles.

The two Barnes and Nobles I frequent most have designated the paranormal section as "any silly shit that isn't politics" area and the quack psychics, living and dead, are becoming a majority. Oh good, the Long Island Psychic has queefed out 3 titles this quarter.

And where's the Satanic stuff? And Mr Levy doesn't cut it.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 13, 2015, 12:07:21 PM
      The two Barnes and Nobles I frequent most have designated the paranormal section as "any silly shit that isn't politics" area and the quack psychics, living and dead, are becoming a majority. Oh good, the Long Island Psychic has queefed out 3 titles this quarter.

I am reminded now of L. Ron Hubbard's massive ten volume "dekalogy" - Mission Earth - taking up valuable Science Fiction retail shelf space.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 13, 2015, 12:43:57 PM
I am reminded now of L. Ron Hubbard's massive ten volume "dekalogy" - Mission Earth - taking up valuable Science Fiction retail shelf space.

No kidding. Put that waste of space with the collection of crud known as "Religion". They're not cool enough for cult status. Trump could get his wall built using Hubbard's unwieldy contribitions to literature piled side by side. Phonebooks take up less space.

BobGrau

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 13, 2015, 12:43:57 PM

Have you read it though? I'm no Scientapologist but those books are some of the funniest shit I've ever read.

Quote from: BobGrau on November 13, 2015, 01:20:37 PM
Have you read it though? I'm no Scientologist but those books are some of the funniest shit I've ever read.

I'm going to have to pass, Bob.  But we will always have King's Dark Tower series.

(What is your take on authorship?  Since nine of the ten were published after Hubbard's death, is it commonly accepted he wrote all ten?  I was never (cough cough) ~clear~ on that...  Did they seem cohesive enough in style, etc to indicate a single author?)

BobGrau

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 13, 2015, 01:50:52 PM
I'm going to have to pass, Bob.  But we will always have King's Dark Tower series.

(What is your take on authorship?  Since nine of the ten were published after Hubbard's death, is it commonly accepted he wrote all ten?  I was never (cough cough) ~clear~ on that...  Did they seem cohesive enough in style, etc to indicate a single author?)

First of all, I'm slightly disturbed that your quote has somehow been spell-checked  ???

I had no idea there was a question over authorship, intriguing. I haven't read anything else of Hubbard's, but within the 'dekalogy' it appears to be the same voice all the way through. If it was somehow rewritten or completed after his death they must've done a thorough job.

I heartily recommend reading this series, Cam - you haven't been properly perplexed regarding Hubbard/Scientology till you do.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 13, 2015, 12:07:21 PM

It's bad enough Long Island has been defined by Joey Buttafuoco and the Long Island Lolita, but now you have to look over your shoulder every time  you enter the Massapequa Mall to avoid  being accosted by a resident crayzay with a big white bouffant, a personal pipeline to the dead and followed by a camera crew. Oh, like it's soooo spontaneous.  ::)

And she gets big bucks for this.

Juan

I still think we need to write a Bellgab paranormal book.

paladin1991

Quote from: Juan on November 14, 2015, 12:12:20 PM
I still think we need to write a Bellgab paranormal book.

And I still miss the fucking Food Lion.  And is Nucky Nolan ever going to check back in?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 14, 2015, 10:13:09 AM
It's bad enough Long Island has been defined by Joey Buttafuoco and the Long Island Lolita, but now you have to look over your shoulder every time  you enter the Massapequa Mall to avoid  being accosted by a resident crayzay with a big white bouffant, a personal pipeline to the dead and followed by a camera crew. Oh, like it's soooo spontaneous.  ::)

And she gets big bucks for this.

Wow, it's actually worse than I imagined. Here I am merely annoyed by her books, but the thought of that walking SNL skit actually in person...yeech. Every time I go into Rite Aid before noon, I see about a dozen women who remind me of her. Living with that would make me join the dead.

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 14, 2015, 12:37:37 PM
And I still miss the fucking Food Lion.  And is Nucky Nolan ever going to check back in?
I miss Food Lion also and worry. Disappearing after those last posts about security at his place, people creeping around and night to steal stuff, and corrupt local police? Worried a bit.

Uncle Duke

What's become of "Fight the Future"?  It's been almost a month since his last post, and I think a couple weeks since he last logged in.  Bright guy, good head on his shoulders, and a proud military veteran.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2015, 10:34:52 PM
What's become of "Fight the Future"?  It's been almost a month since his last post, and I think a couple weeks since he last logged in.  Bright guy, good head on his shoulders, and a proud military veteran.

I'm guessing he is enjoying a tourist-free window of time, but it's just that, a guess.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 11, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
Myrtle Beach is still packed with rubbernecking tourists. My patience meter is redlining. Two more weeks of this, you'll hear about me on the news taking hostages. It's been a very long, hot, crowded summer. I want my damn town back. I want my damn roads back. I want my damn beach back.

zeebo

Quote from: Chine on November 23, 2015, 09:21:36 AM
Sardoni.

True story ... Sardondi was one of the first couple souls to welcome me to this noble forum, some three years ago.  At the time I didn't know I'd been graced by bellgab greatness.  Hope he returns someday.

lonevoice

Quote from: lonevoice on November 24, 2015, 05:58:28 PM
Georgie For President 2216 - where you at?

I will second that.  Give us a sign if you're out there, GFP!

zeebo

Yes it's odd to go for so many days without GFP's trenchant commentary.  Maybe he's been called to an Illuminati retreat or such?  We look forward to your swift return, sir, after you've rearranged the world order appropriately.

MR. Spock

is it to soon to put falkie in this thread?? Im going to miss falkie.

Art Quits. Forum flooded with vitriol. Hoagie fights for Art's old slot. Art leaves social media.

This is a hell of a time to be without Eddie Coyle.

MR. Spock

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 19, 2015, 08:27:38 PM
Art Quits. Forum flooded with vitriol. Hoagie fights for Art's old slot. Art leaves social media.

This is a hell of a time to be without Eddie Coyle.
Eddie Coyle is banned again?  I do miss Art. I jus t wish art quits quitting.

3OctaveFart

I miss Eddie more than Art.

Coyle was a true polymath.

Jackstar

Stellar.

Y'all never had it so good, and won't soon again.

MR. Spock

I miss Aldousburbank and Jazmunda. Both of them are cool dudes.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MR. Spock on January 03, 2016, 04:45:50 PM
I miss Aldousburbank and Jazmunda. Both of them are cool dudes.

but jazmunda insulted you when you were SR-71.

never forget.

The General

Quote from: MV on January 06, 2016, 12:57:11 PM
but jazmunda insulted you when you were SR-71.

never forget.

But does Jamzunda likes pizza?