• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

astroguy

T+25min into the actual interview: First mention I caught of Arthur C. Clark.  Though not "my good friend."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on September 30, 2017, 10:48:07 PM
T+25min into the actual interview: First mention I caught of Arthur C. Clark.  Though not "my good friend."

Is his show on right now?  ???

Dr. MD MD

Damn it! I have to give it to him. Hoagies doing a respectable job tonight, other than the girlish oohs and ahs. Has he had this guest on before?

Lunger

Quote from: astroguy on September 30, 2017, 10:48:07 PM

Funny!

I was listening to an old Dreamland, I think, and Hoaggie references Mr. Rodgers and I immediately say out loud, "You forgot to say that he was you good friend!"

astroguy

Quote from: Lunger on October 01, 2017, 08:17:39 PM
Funny!

I was listening to an old Dreamland, I think, and Hoaggie references Mr. Rodgers and I immediately say out loud, "You forgot to say that he was you good friend!"
It's like a nervous tick now, and we're trained that if we don't hear it, something's wrong.

SnapT

Richard and Robin are being snippy with each other, I love it.

Morgus

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 01, 2017, 10:41:43 PM
Is there another show tonight?  ???
Yes, it started almost an hour ago.
First half hour was with Dr. Robin Falkov.

Now its the main guest talking about the new Star Trek TV series and their disappointment it violates Gene Roddenberry's "vision"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on October 01, 2017, 10:55:44 PM
Yes, it started almost an hour ago.
First half hour was with Dr. Robin Falkov.

Now its the main guest talking about the new Star Trek TV series and their disappointment it violates Gene Roddenberry's "vision"

Great! I missed the bad part.  :D

Morgus

Now they are also talking about the original "Outer Limits" TV show.

Dr. MD MD

From what I read Gene was always a writer and had a desk job with the police as a writer, I believe. i don't think he was a beat cop.
How he got into scriptwriting for shows is that some cop show used him as a consultant.

Morgus

Hoagie loves the new scifi show The Orville since its more like Star Trek Next generation!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on October 02, 2017, 12:14:02 AM
Hoagie loves the new scifi show The Orville since its more like Star Trek Next generation!

That's what I've heard, that it puts Discovery to shame and it's more true to Star Trek...and it's funny.

Morgus

Hoagie's 2nd guest is making lots of background noise, so hoagie warned him not to touch anything!

PaulAtreides

Quote from: SnapT on October 01, 2017, 10:13:27 PM

Hardly the first time.  Robin should do a podcast called My Lover is a Dick.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Morgus on October 02, 2017, 12:26:05 AM
Hoagie's 2nd guest is making lots of background noise, so hoagie warned him not to touch anything!

That's what he tells all of his "guests."

Nobody

Quote from: Morgus on October 01, 2017, 10:41:14 PM

Let me take a guess at Hoagland's on-air commentary for the above photo:

"Here I am storyboarding the first Star Trek film for Gene, who did nothing but stand around wringing his hands; I had to do everything for him.  Star Trek fans should be thankful Gene was smart enough to hire me as a consultant, or that movie would never have gotten made."

Am I close?

Morgus

Last night, Hoagie also told about how he was a guest on stage at the one of the first big Star Trek conventions in New York City.
He said he followed Leonard Nimoy (Spock) on stage, and thousands of people in the audience all got up and left when Spock left the stage and he appeared...

Morgus

Quote from: Nobody on October 02, 2017, 10:27:28 PM
Let me take a guess at Hoagland's on-air commentary for the above photo:

"Here I am storyboarding the first Star Trek film for Gene, who did nothing but stand around wringing his hands; I had to do everything for him.  Star Trek fans should be thankful Gene was smart enough to hire me as a consultant, or that movie would never have gotten made."

Am I close?
As I recall Hoagie told about that paper Roddenberry was handing him was an official application for the Star Trek fan club...

Lunger

Quote from: Morgus on October 03, 2017, 12:29:32 AM
As I recall Hoagie told about that paper Roddenberry was handing him was an official application for the Star Trek fan club...

Silly Goose!

This is Hoagie handing Roddenberry an application to the Hoagie fan club!

PaulAtreides

Robin sounds like she's medicated tonight.  Really disjointed and unorganized.  Really, WTF is she trying to get across? 

Juan Cena

I’d be snippy with Hoagie too if he ate my dog.