• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on September 09, 2017, 08:21:27 PM
*hypothesis

And I'm sure it's all in "the model."  ::)
* is something, or everything, attributed to God even an hypothesis? Can it be tested or nullified? How could one even run the test? Heck even in purely logical, philosophical, speculative, abstract thought, etc you run in to problems about the "god question." (I'm not knocking religion or belief but simply if certain statements can be evaluated scientifically, according to our modern ideas of process at least.)

astroguy

Quote from: albrecht on September 09, 2017, 08:33:22 PM
* is something, or everything, attributed to God even an hypothesis? Can it be tested or nullified? How could one even run the test? Heck even in purely logical, philosophical, speculative, abstract thought, etc you run in to problems about the "god question." (I'm not knocking religion or belief but simply if certain statements can be evaluated scientifically, according to our modern ideas of process at least.)
If a hypothesis is not falsifiable, it's not a scientific hypothesis.  "Goddidit" is not falsifiable, therefore it's not a scientific hypothesis.  I was more correcting Dr. MD MD's statement that it's a "theory."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on September 09, 2017, 08:49:25 PM
If a hypothesis is not falsifiable, it's not a scientific hypothesis.  "Goddidit" is not falsifiable, therefore it's not a scientific hypothesis.  I was more correcting Dr. MD MD's statement that it's a "theory."

Well, didn't you just prove that I was correct in that assertion?  :)

Dr. MD MD

Mad props to whoever's been picking Hoagie's bumpers the last few shows!  :)

WOTR

torsion water?  Is this like holy water?  :o

***It's good to hear Hoagie continuing on his screwy theory trajectory with his accutron.

The source of Hoaglands "miracle spring water?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGuawSq6zDA

Morgus

Morgus

Wonder why Hoagie is playing the "Married with Children" TV show theme song?

Morgus

I thought ether was something in old westerns was used to knock people out.

Jackstar

Quote from: Morgus on September 09, 2017, 11:48:19 PM
Wonder why Hoagie is playing the "Married with Children" TV show theme song?

The show seems to have become "Bumper Music with Quasi-Hyper Commentary."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on September 09, 2017, 11:49:06 PM
I thought ether was something in old westerns was used to knock people out.

You're thinking of a Mickey that you'd slip someone.  ;)

Morgus

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2017, 12:14:01 AM
You're thinking of a Mickey that you'd slip someone.  ;)
I mean some character would take some ether from a bottle that a doctor had and put some on a cloth and cover a person's mouth and nose with it and it would knock them out...

Morgus

Hoagie commented the hurricane is reducing in strength - is Noory's mind blast from last night starting to have an effect?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on September 10, 2017, 12:15:31 AM
I mean some character would take some ether from a bottle that a doctor had and put some on a cloth and cover a person's mouth and nose with it and it would knock them out...

Chloroform?  ???

Quote from: Morgus on September 10, 2017, 12:16:44 AM
Hoagie commented the hurricane is reducing in strength - is Noory's mind blast from last night starting to have an effect?

Winds have increased to 130 mph with gusts to 160.  Hoagie fail.

Designx

Their conspiracy of hurricane manipulation as entertainment is silly - if anything it would be the oil companies to drive up oil prices or the global warming crowd to promote carbon taxes and other regulations. Although I could imagine a Trump vs Russia/China going on and that easily explains the back and forth this hurricane is doing.. right? Right? *crickets*

expat

Hey, remember Barfly? The guy in Key West who pays women to make him cum? He's getting the blow-job of his life today....

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on September 10, 2017, 10:06:34 AM
Hey, remember Barfly? The guy in Key West who pays women to make him cum? He's getting the blow-job of his life today....

In Nashville?  ???