Symantec
Avira
Avast
Fuckrosoft
Eset
Some other vendor

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Original Larry on December 02, 2016, 04:57:30 PM

Thanks for the tips, MV. I was hoping to find a "HELP!" thread, I would have started one, but I can't help anyone.

one other thing... if running win8/win10, make sure you're running in UEFI mode with secureboot enabled.

Taaroa

This is sort of the same field, but what do people use for anti viral/spyware/tracking on their phones?

I use android, keep up to date with patches, and try to use common sense when browsing but I don't have the same settings and what have you on my phone that helps on a computer and it makes me uneasy.

Quote from: Taaroa on January 16, 2017, 04:11:57 AM
This is sort of the same field, but what do people use for anti viral/spyware/tracking on their phones?

I use android, keep up to date with patches, and try to use common sense when browsing but I don't have the same settings and what have you on my phone that helps on a computer and it makes me uneasy.
Hi Taaroa. I don't run Android, but hopefully this article might be of some help.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2425153,00.asp

Edit: You might also want to check out Malware Bytes for mobile. It's stand alone, run on demand, and apparently picks up on nasties that an AV will miss. https://www.malwarebytes.com/mobile/
Another thing to take into consideration is an AV is constantly running in the background an may shorten your usable battery time.

Taaroa

Thanks. I have used Malwarebytes to remove some issues on relatives' computers so I'll keep that in mind if I ever need it.

I basically use stock google apps with the exception of a couple of govt apps, so infected apps probably isn't an issue. I think my greatest concern is chrome on my phone getting compromised somehow.

Caruthers612

Me use the Norton Security Suite and the complete Malwarebytes suite, what has just been updated to include anti-exploit so's I ain't gotta run that seperately.