• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Noory's first hour economy guests

Started by san miguel, November 21, 2012, 07:16:12 PM

san miguel

Is anyone else tired of listening to guests in the first hour talk about the economy? Practically every night, Noory gets a visit from either Mish Shedlock, Gerald Celente, or Catherine Austin Fitts. It's ALWAYS gloom and doom economic news.

Most Americans, myself included, are well aware of how crappy the economy is right now. It's an everyday reality people are struggling with. Personally, I like to turn on Coast at the end of the day to hear some alternative news about science or the paranormal, not to be reminded about the stupid economy every night.

Nucky Nolan

I could have written that post....in 2008. You mentioned the top three economic pundits, but I thought that there was a fourth go-to guest on the subject. They were like the Gummo or Zeppo of the Marx Brothers. Can anybody recall their name?

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 21, 2012, 08:03:31 PM
J. Corsi?

That's a good guess, but I put Corsi in the geopolitical category. The person, I'm thinking about, primarily deals with economic subjects.

Sardondi

Heh. When I first saw the topic I had in mind that "economy guests" was your witty way of saying those quick n' dirty guests that George can get almost any time to do a little time-killing with a very shallow "update" on some BS topic or other.

san miguel

Quote from: Sardondi on November 21, 2012, 09:03:02 PM
Heh. When I first saw the topic I had in mind that "economy guests" was your witty way of saying those quick n' dirty guests that George can get almost any time to do a little time-killing with a very shallow "update" on some BS topic or other.

At this point, I'd pretty much put them in the same category.

"Noory's time killers." He might as well play the UFO Phil song.

jazmunda

Amongst many other things George's plethora of annoying first hours guest turned me off faux Coast to Coast AM.

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on November 22, 2012, 01:13:02 AM
Amongst many other things George's plethora of annoying first hours guest turned me off faux Coast to Coast AM.
yeah that was one of the first things Noory changed about the show when he took over 10 years ago.
Art Bell usually had open lines more than guests and had one guest for 4+ hours, not multiple guests in shorter segments that are easier for Noory due to his limited attention span on one subject/guest.