• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Help! Slogan?

Started by EvB, May 07, 2011, 02:51:55 PM

EvB

I've noticed you guys ah wicked smaht (says the Boston Girl)

I'm struggling with a SLOGAN for my on-line business.  I suck at slogans, at least for myself.  They all come out cliché- and if not forgetable, you'd wish they were.

What I do is information design, mostly for education but not exclusively. My work includes both print and electronic delivery formats.

I want something catchy, but maybe a little edgy without being rude. It needs to be short. 10 words is max for any slogan and 10 is a lot.  Three is ideal (good luck with that) 6 or 7 is great.

I've thought of stuff like "Where medium and message meet" - but - um - yeah . . .  A bit on the cute side and defiantly stogy. Worse, it's unclear.  Is this the psychic hotline?!  ???

The name of my company is ELBarney Information Design

Here is the site under construction

Here is the (mostly) student portfolio

As is typical of designer portfolios - it's not up to date and I am going to need to work on that. Meanwhile  - anyone willing to take a shot at a slogan? It does not have to be great, this is a brainstorm session.

The General

"Clear Content and Design, From Conception to Online"

It's better than my first thought, "We're nerds so you don't have to be."

I always find the thesaurus to be my good friend in these endeavors.

EvB

OMG - I actually like them both;D

Yeah - i'd been using a thesaurus - and kept coming up with sappy rhymes and irritating alliteration (yeah, like that).

i'm tempted to try the "nerd" one - honest. 

Let's see if someone can beat you're ideas ;-)

Time Entropy

Quote from: EvB on May 07, 2011, 02:51:55 PM

I've noticed you guys ah wicked smaht (says the Boston Girl)

I'm struggling with a SLOGAN for my on-line business.  I suck at slogans, at least for myself.  They all come out cliché- and if not forgetable, you'd wish they were.

What I do is information design, mostly for education but not exclusively. My work includes both print and electronic delivery formats.

I want something catchy, but maybe a little edgy without being rude. It needs to be short. 10 words is max for any slogan and 10 is a lot.  Three is ideal (good luck with that) 6 or 7 is great.

I've thought of stuff like "Where medium and message meet" - but - um - yeah . . .  A bit on the cute side and defiantly stogy. Worse, it's unclear.  Is this the psychic hotline?!  ???

The name of my company is ELBarney Information Design

Here is the site under construction

Here is the (mostly) student portfolio

As is typical of designer portfolios - it's not up to date and I am going to need to work on that. Meanwhile  - anyone willing to take a shot at a slogan? It does not have to be great, this is a brainstorm session.

You could also use some quotes to set the tone...

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."

-Michelangelo

"Quality is not an act, it is a habit."

-Aristotle

"Who seeks shall find."

-Sophocles

EvB

A good idea - I'd have to consider what quotes - I'd feel pretentious, at best, using any of those but your point is well made.

EvB

A few good catches there - and I know I particularly need to do something re: contact info -  but in fact ID is a wide discipline. 

Also  ""As an older student who is racing her son [to commencement]" is exactly what  I meant.  Jared graduated one semester behind me, and it was nip/tuck all the way.

The General

I excused the website for its under-construction-ness.

anagrammy

Clarity Through Clean Design

"We move at the speed of business"

EvB

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 07, 2011, 09:35:49 PM
"We move at the speed of business"

Well, agent, you see, I think that one would cause me a bit of a "truth in advertising" issue.

EvB

It's an honor to be archived  ;D

BobGrau

Quote from: EvB on June 30, 2012, 12:58:38 PM
It's an honor to be archived  ;D

Is that the slogan you finally settled on?

EvB

haha - no.  truth is the damned site is still just sitting there with no content!