• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

astroguy

Quote from: Hoegee on March 11, 2018, 11:08:59 PM
I suspect that when Hoagie says NASA stands for "Never a straight answer," he sees that as a double entendre.
I don't get it.

=Schlyder=

Braaaaps.   what hour are we in? is it an hour earlier today?

GravitySucks

Quote from: =Schlyder= on March 11, 2018, 11:10:41 PM
Braaaaps.   what hour are we in? is it an hour earlier today?

Hour 2.  Started as normal. 11 central

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 11, 2018, 10:50:52 PM
...Dump him, I'd rather hear Hoagie just riff on torsion fields and hyperdimensional physics...

or faerie folk literature, even.

In early 2017 Ken was invited by the Chennai chapter of the Aeronautical Society of India to participate in an international space seminar, inaugurate a Link flight simulator, and give several talks to young students encouraging them to pursue careers in the Indian space program. Several local news reports described him as "a NASA astronaut" and even "chief trainer at NASA". A permanent plaque beside the flight simulator uses the descriptor "NASA astronaut USA". NASA itself heard of this imposture and informed the State Department of the apparent fraud. As a result, Ken was declared persona non grata and required to leave India. The shocking turn of events was reported at length on Assam TV.

;D
In scanning Ken's priceless Apollo 14 C-prints, [I'd] discovered that the computer could "see" what the human eye could notâ€"incredible geometric detail in the pitch black areas, like the lunar sky. The sensitivity of modern CCD imaging technology, in even commercially-available image scanners, coupled with the amazing enhancement capabilities of state-of-the-art commercial software â€" like Adobe's Photoshopâ€"allowed the invisible detail buried in these supposedly black layers, of these thirty-year-old emulsions, to ultimately be revealedâ€"a "democratization" of technology that no censor at NASA could have possibly foreseen over more than thirty years.
â€" Hoagland 2007, p.226

That statement is absolute poppycock. Of course scanning can not reveal "invisible detail" if it truly is invisible. Hoagland has made a career out of trumpeting the fact that his scans of Ken Johnston's collection show things that the "official" scans do not. But of course, he's comparing, on the one hand, a professionally scanned image from an original negative or internegative done in a clean room â€" and on the other hand, a photoprint stored in a ring binder for 23 years, then pulled out and scanned on Hoagland's office scanner, the glass of which is quite clearly contaminated. For use as Powerpointâ,,¢ slides, Hoagland typically slams up the brightness â€" a procedure guaranteed to reveal any scanner contamination wherever the image is black.

Poor Hoagie, people won't get off his jock. Forced to retreat to New Mexico and an Internet radio show twice a week nobody listens to other than people who find him entertaining but ridiculous.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 11, 2018, 11:12:39 PM
Hour 2.  Started as normal. 11 central

No you guys are all a fucking hour ahead. LOL  we don't change our clocks here.

Hoagie described Johnston again tonight as a 'test astronaut', which is a bald face lie.

Jackstar

Quote from: crankshaft on March 11, 2018, 11:01:21 PM
'citizen scientist' is code for amateur scientist.

Defending the establishment is code for fascist shillin'.

astroguy

Pretty sure fiducials (crosshairs) were only on the Apollo images they took from the ground?  I don't see them at all in "Image 3" or "4" that they're talking about.  No idea what they are actually talking about because I see no crosshairs period, so how are they talking about seeing them and that they were moved?

GravitySucks

Which one of the 2400 nuclear detonations (including the 700 or so atmospheric detonations) did the ETs actually interfere with?

Johnson is full of shit once again. A Peacekeeper missile has NEVER been launched with a nuclear warhead.

Oh, and what kind of “Human Factors” are involved in an ICBM?

Quote from: Jackstar on March 11, 2018, 11:21:51 PM

Defending the establishment is code for fascist shillin'.

That there are legitimate scientists publishing ginned up research doesn't make 'citizen scientists' any less useless.

Sad that we can no longer trust what experts say in any field, 'fake news' is real and we as a society are in trouble, when nobody believes anybody there's really little hope.

GravitySucks

“We have to separate real science from anecdotal data”. RCH 3/12/2018

crankshaft

Quote from: astroguy on March 11, 2018, 11:24:00 PM
Pretty sure fiducials (crosshairs) were only on the Apollo images they took from the ground?  I don't see them at all in "Image 3" or "4" that they're talking about.  No idea what they are actually talking about because I see no crosshairs period, so how are they talking about seeing them and that they were moved?

As I understand it, the 'crosshairs' or reticles/fiducials were in the cameras and set close to the film; they served to help determine perspective in spite of distortions so that accurate measurements could later be taken from the film.

"The lunar surface Hasselblad cameras were fitted with a device called a reseau plate. The reseau plate is a clear glass plate on which is etched small black crosshairs, called "fiducials" by some and "reticles" by others. As each film frame is drawn into place, it is pressed against the reseau plate so that the picture is taken through the plate. This results in an image of the fiducials being superimposed over the image focused through the lens. ..."

http://www.clavius.org/photoret.html

astroguy

Quote from: crankshaft on March 11, 2018, 11:41:23 PM
As I understand it, the 'crosshairs' or reticles/fiducials were in the cameras and set close to the film; they served to help determine perspective in spite of distortions so that accurate measurements could later be taken from the film.

"The lunar surface Hasselblad cameras were fitted with a device called a reseau plate. The reseau plate is a clear glass plate on which is etched small black crosshairs, called "fiducials" by some and "reticles" by others. As each film frame is drawn into place, it is pressed against the reseau plate so that the picture is taken through the plate. This results in an image of the fiducials being superimposed over the image focused through the lens. ..."

http://www.clavius.org/photoret.html
Yes, as I said, Apollo from the ground.

astroguy

Quote from: astroguy on March 11, 2018, 11:43:48 PM
Yes, as I said, Apollo from the ground.
They were claiming they are on Lunar Orbiter images.  I just looked up some random Lunar Orbiter images and I do see an array of diagonal dots, but not crosshairs, and I certainly did not see them in the horrible versions posted on RCH's website.

astroguy

Speaking of which, Tsiolkovskiy crater is front and center in Wikipedia's image for the Lunar Orbiter 3.  It's flipped in that the south pole is at the top, but Tsiolkovskiy and its mare are right in the center, and its almost unique (on the moon, but very common on other solar system bodies) flow-like ejecta into the older and larger Fermi crater (just to the right in that image) is nicely evident.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 11, 2018, 11:39:59 PM
“We have to separate real science from anecdotal data”. RCH 3/12/2018

Sounds like the prime directive, ya know it sounds cool but dropped the moment it becomes inconvenient.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on March 11, 2018, 11:58:58 PM
Sounds like the prime directive, ya know it sounds cool but dropped the moment it becomes inconvenient.

Fuck it! Kill those aliens! KILL THEM!!! ;D

GravitySucks

Dipshits are alleging Mitchell kept a film magazine. If Ken Johnston actually had shown the film once that meant it had been removed from the camera and magazine and developed for projection to be possible. It would not have been in Mitchell’s possession if it had gone to the photo lab to be developed.

astroguy

Tsiolkovskiy is centered at -20.4°N, not 19.5, you liar.

'us guys, the in crowd, who really know what went on on the Moon'

oh Ken as a young boy saw a UFO and experienced 2 and a half hours of missing time, he was an abductee.

astroguy

They are talking about image noise!  Geeze people.  The very fact that you can see blocks of 8x8 pixels is clear evidence that if nothing else, the image is horribly compressed and you're looking at JPG noise, among other things.

Theadora

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 12, 2018, 12:11:41 AM
19.5 +/- 3db

Indeed.  As in the study of Astrology, I suspect that Hoagland likely considers Aspects of Hyperdimensional Physics, can be considered formed when the margin of influence, or Orbs as that's called, are within as much as, +/- 10%.

https://astrolibrary.org/aspects-in-astrology

When Hoagie dies will the Accutron go to the Smithsonian or more likely to a pawn shop in Los Cruces?

zeebo

Quote from: astroguy on March 12, 2018, 12:27:10 AM
They are talking about image noise!

Or ... or ... an ancient civilization's glass latticework.  (Please disregard Occam's Razor in this case.)