• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2018, 02:34:28 PM
Damn,  MD.  You have a sick fetish!  See a doctor!  LOL.

For you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_idhCca2XM

I hope you get some help and stop being such a faggot. ;)

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2018, 02:34:28 PM
Damn,  MD.  You have a sick fetish!  See a doctor!  LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBDV2UPTINc
Chihuahua was obviously beat horribly to the point of PTSD and flashbacks, fear and anger, for having diarrhea at the breeder's.  Why these people would re-traumatize such a scared little tiny pet over and over is abuse.

Either that, or the pet loved someone or some pet that died.  Words that sounded like "die" used to traumatize one of my pets who figured out what it meant.  Like diet, dietary, and a couple other words I forget now.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 15, 2018, 02:27:45 PM
Ballistic?! Can you point to an example? Once again, all you can do is SJW because you're just so wounded by my cogent arguments and your inability to respond in kind. Seriously, it's you who needs to get ahold of yourself. You actually seem to think you have the ability to read Trump's mind. Yeah, I'd say it's you who needs help. ::)
More categorical broad brushing.  Grandstanding...  Always asking for sources but seldom coughing them up!  Take two vitamin D and call back!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on March 15, 2018, 09:36:32 PM
More categorical broad brushing.  Grandstanding...  Always asking for sources but seldom coughing them up!  Take two vitamin D and call back!

Another baseless allegation from the crazy cat lady who thinks Christians are just Jews. ;D

Jojo

That is a misrepresentation.  What I said was, Jesus and many of his followers were Jews.  And many Jews have converted to Christianity.  And many Christians have Jewish heritage.  And Christians who understand Judaism (which includes many of the writings of the Old Testament) have a deeper understanding of prophecy and Christianity.

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on March 15, 2018, 10:42:07 PM
That is a misrepresentation.  What I said was, Jesus and many of his followers were Jews.  And many Jews have converted to Christianity.  And many Christians have Jewish heritage.  And Christians who understand Judaism (which includes many of the writings of the Old Testament) have a deeper understanding of prophecy and Christianity.
Believe some tracts at the airport and train station. 'Jews For Jesus' compete with Moonies, Hari-Krishnas and various malcontents. Or did before TSA (actually before that but when the Feds started cracking down on airports.) Also, the anti-shah and mind-control guy on The Mall in DC were excellent. Anti-abortion types also had some good runs. The HS kids with their anti-gun stuff? Fairly lame, as expected

The caliber of guests is so low. Who is this guy I'm listening to talk about 'elastic thinking'?

zeebo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 15, 2018, 11:47:42 PM
The caliber of guests is so low. Who is this guy I'm listening to talk about 'elastic thinking'?

I tried to listen, but shut it off after a few mins.  He's just come up with his own book-friendly phrase to describe the benefits of open-mindedness and creative problem solving.  Pretty much obvious to anyone except George who thinks some deep insight has been discovered.

Jorch just said he's a physicist, if true, he's not very impressive - most physicists I've heard speak sound very intelligent, this guy doesn't. Maybe I'm wrong and he's some acclaimed physicist from a top institution. Hmm ... seems to have been personal friends with Hawking so I guess I am wrong.

QuoteLeonard Mlodinow was born in Chicago, Illinois, received his PhD in theoretical physics from the University of California at Berkeley, and is the author of five best-sellers. His book The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules our Lives was a New York Times Bestseller, Editor's Choice, and Notable Book of the Year, and was short-listed for the Royal Society book award. His book Subliminal won the PEN/Wilson award for literary science writing. His other books include two co-authored with physicist Stephen Hawking -- A Briefer History of Time, and The Grand Design. In addition to his books and research articles, he has taught at Caltech, written for the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and Forbes magazine, among other publications, and for television series such as McGyver and Star Trek: the Next Generation.

very wrong, i've heard great things about The Drunkard's Walk and have been meaning to read it. But this conversation with Jorch is boring as fuck, part of that is Jorch but this guy himself really doesn't seem like a highly intellectual guy and he's not an engaging populizer of science like Kaku, De Grass Tyson, Sagan, Green etc are.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 15, 2018, 01:38:35 PM
Or the old stand-by: "That's true. How do you do what you do?" or "Well, that's true too. You are really into this, how did you get started on this subject?" (Note use of "subject" is generic so can, and will, be used for any guest regardless of subject and "you" is likewise generic and can, and will, be used for any guest regardless of name, gender, degree, etc. So one can ask this riveting question without needing to know any information about the subject or guest.)
Tommee is as lazy as Jorch.  You'd think he could update the generic Jorch index cards at least once a decade.  Of course, he is busy planning the next Danheiser/ Wanker Jorch "invasion."

Quote from: ItsOver on March 16, 2018, 09:22:13 AM
Tommee is as lazy as Jorch...

Consider this:  George is currently spending his time working on his April Fool's Day joke

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 16, 2018, 12:50:06 PM
Consider this:  George is currently spending his time working on his April Fool's Day joke
LOL.  I think the April 1st joke this year is on his audience.  April 1st is on a Sunday.  Oh, boy.  A Jorch Super Suck Sunday.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on March 16, 2018, 12:59:35 PM
LOL.  I think the April 1st joke this year is on his audience.  April 1st is on a Sunday.  Oh, boy.  A Jorch Super Suck Sunday.
I wonder if Noory will drag out another stupid April Fool's Day stunt like he has in the past, like the 3 headed person?

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on March 16, 2018, 02:25:33 PM
I wonder if Noory will drag out another stupid April Fool's Day stunt like he has in the past, like the 3 headed person?
Bet on it.  The worst was when he tried to prank-fire LMH.  What a jerk.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 16, 2018, 02:32:02 PM
Didn't he once try to convince some old lady there was no more moon or something? The three-headed person deal was so funny he had to repeat it with one head, Walter, dying. And one head being black named Bobo.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 16, 2018, 02:44:53 PM
Didn't he once try to convince some old lady there was no more moon or something? The three-headed person deal was so funny he had to repeat it with one head, Walter, dying. And one head being black named Bobo.
Good 'ol "laugh a minute" Jorch.  ::)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 16, 2018, 02:46:38 PM
Good 'ol "laugh a minute" Jorch.  ::)
I have to admit that I laugh a lot when I listen, but it is usually AT Norry or a caller- not WITH. I do recall some lady caller who mentioned that she "told her co-workers" about the three-headed person and it was "such an amazing thing." I guess she actually believed a C2C show and on April Fools Day or was trolling Norry.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 16, 2018, 02:51:40 PM
I have to admit that I laugh a lot when I listen, but it is usually AT Norry or a caller- not WITH. I do recall some lady caller who mentioned that she "told her co-workers" about the three-headed person and it was "such an amazing thing." I guess she actually believed a C2C show and on April Fools Day or was trolling Norry.
I would have loved to hear Ricky from Freedom Checks witness LMH beating Jorch with her trusty Sony portable tape recorder and recovered cattle mutilation "artifacts," after Jorch tried that April Fools' Day prank of firing her.  Hey, since Freedom Checks appeared to fire Ricky to replace him with Jack, maybe there's still hope.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 16, 2018, 02:32:02 PM
How awful.  Was that a long time ago?  Her success probably galls him.

And didn't even let the weekend staff have the famous Irish song.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 16, 2018, 01:32:55 AM
Followed up by Rosemary Ellen Guiley  :(
He said he adores her.  Wonder what her husband thinks of that.  Men who tolerate others flirting with their wife are gross.

Juan

Quote from: ItsOver on March 16, 2018, 04:46:58 PM
I would have loved to hear Ricky from Freedom Checks witness LMH beating Jorch with her trusty Sony portable tape recorder and recovered cattle mutilation "artifacts," after Jorch tried that April Fools' Day prank of firing her.  Hey, since Freedom Checks appeared to fire Ricky to replace him with Jack, maybe there's still hope.
I just heard Ricky. He must be winding down rather than fired.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 16, 2018, 12:12:51 AM
Jorch just said he's a physicist, if true, he's not very impressive - most physicists I've heard speak sound very intelligent, this guy doesn't. Maybe I'm wrong and he's some acclaimed physicist from a top institution. Hmm ... seems to have been personal friends with Hawking so I guess I am wrong.

very wrong, i've heard great things about The Drunkard's Walk and have been meaning to read it. But this conversation with Jorch is boring as fuck, part of that is Jorch but this guy himself really doesn't seem like a highly intellectual guy and he's not an engaging populizer of science like Kaku, De Grass Tyson, Sagan, Green etc are.
Seems like their conversation about emotion got derailed.  After that, something else poignant came up, but also got derailed by George asking superficial questions.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on March 16, 2018, 05:03:29 PM
I just heard Ricky. He must be winding down rather than fired.
Ah!  Fortunately, I haven't been so unfortunate.  That lucky number from The Numbers Nut must be working.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 16, 2018, 05:28:07 PM
Ah!  Fortunately, I haven't been so unfortunate.  That lucky number from The Numbers Nut must be working.

What "number" do you need to put in your wallet to not hear Ricky and the "Freedom Checks" scam listening to AM radio? Will Norry have a singing contest on St.Patrick's Day? Winning rendition of "Danny Boy" from callers with some unread books sent to him by guest's agents or publisher to the victor? Especially if the winner is blind and mentions so?

ps: due to comments I had to listen to the "great debate" while repairing my washing machine switch. Ha. It was awful as folks mentioned. Everything is "treason" or "almost treasonous" by Bloom and both he and Curtis have annoying voices. And funny how Norry is play-acting like he is some great journalist and the whole "Two Go In, One Comes Out" stuff. And playing like he is some respected, sober Judge ponderously saying things like "you have the right of rebuttal."

Morgus

Last nite, Noory came up with another excuse to split early - for the last segment of the show he played an old rendition of Danny Boy...

Ted Baxter

Quote from: ItsOver on March 16, 2018, 05:28:07 PM

looks like the numbers lady favorite number is ATE 8

Quote from: Jojo on March 16, 2018, 04:57:46 PM
How awful.  Was that a long time ago?...

5 or 6 years ago maybe.  He had her on and said it was her last appearance - after she teared up and sniffled a little, he delivered the punch line:  ''April Fool's!, ha ha ha''.  She was clearly angry, I think she's still upset about it.

That George, what a scamp.  The life of every party

Ted Baxter

Quote from: albrecht on March 16, 2018, 02:51:40 PM
never notice the Quality of callers on Art Bells program compared to George Noorys program Noory is a halfwit along with this callers