• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that scare the BEJEEZUS out of you

Started by FallenSeraph, December 12, 2013, 04:03:41 AM

Went grocery shopping with James Garner one time at Sebring  in the 60's. My race team had a Austin Mini-moke  as a gofor car and Garner ran out flagged me down wanting to drive it.( had a full race prepped 1275cc cooperized engine) I made a deal, shop first and he could drive it back. Had many occasions to have dinner and breakfasts with Eddie Albert during the 70's as he was involved with a product I was R&Ding at the time. Both Garner is  and Albert was a very nice person .Very normal nice guys.Garner and Steve McQueen both had Mini-Coopers at the time. McQueen was to involved with his car at Sebring and nursing a broken leg he had acquired making the "Great Escape. McQueen drove a Porsche that year and came in 2nd Overall in spite of his right leg in a cast. Garner owned a team of two Corvettes. I was a crewman in a team that ran two MGB's. McQueen was sort of standoffish but Garner came around a lot because of the Moke.

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 13, 2013, 02:02:23 PM
hear, hear

Your AV: Sam Elliot helped me find the peanut butter once in a Malibu grocery store. It was an awesome moment in my history of grocery shopping.
Sam Elliott, very cool. He seems like he would be cool to hang out with.
those bread heads are awful,lol.
When Michael Palin did that Around the Word thing and was in the Chinese restaurant that served snakes and they skinned them alive, whoooweee that keeps coming back in my mind.
I saw a film onetime where the scientists had created a cross genetic pig with human genes so they could use the heart valves in valve replacements for humans. Gave me the creeps and wonderment if they will use that as a standard pork critter . Especially made me wonder about all the hog slaughter in Michigan a while back about raising 'non-approved' breeds. Is this new chimera-pig the standard now? I hope not...

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on December 14, 2013, 09:13:55 PM
Went grocery shopping with James Garner one time at Sebring  in the 60's. My race team had a Austin Mini-moke  as a gofor car and Garner ran out flagged me down wanting to drive it.( had a full race prepped 1275cc cooperized engine) I made a deal, shop first and he could drive it back. Had many occasions to have dinner and breakfasts with Eddie Albert during the 70's as he was involved with a product I was R&Ding at the time. Both Garner is  and Albert was a very nice person .Very normal nice guys.Garner and Steve McQueen both had Mini-Coopers at the time. McQueen was to involved with his car at Sebring and nursing a broken leg he had acquired making the "Great Escape. McQueen drove a Porsche that year and came in 2nd Overall in spite of his right leg in a cast. Garner owned a team of two Corvettes. I was a crewman in a team that ran two MGB's. McQueen was sort of standoffish but Garner came around a lot because of the Moke.

Gawd damn â€" this is awesome!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 15, 2013, 10:52:10 AM
[attachimg=1]

Whatever this thing is.

Ahh the delights of photoshop. I know it's scary, but as a graphic designer told me many years ago (V4 ish), just learn the parts you need to know, don't try to learn it all. :)

Meanandnasty

Mr. Noory without his stache, rug, and botox. . .Pics anyone?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Meanandnasty on December 15, 2013, 11:55:07 AM
Mr. Noory without his stache, rug, and botox. . .Pics anyone?

Took some finding, but here he is...(can't find one without his tasch)

and a close up..

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 15, 2013, 10:57:41 AM
This dude played bass in a band I was in.

i thought santa claus played bass in your band after him and his old lady got kicked out of the projects...

aldousburbank

Quote from: wr250 on December 15, 2013, 01:53:49 PM
i thought santa claus played bass in your band after him and his old lady got kicked out of the projects...

Prayects

Christmas carolers

Please don't come to my house

Heather Wade

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 15, 2013, 10:52:10 AM
[attachimg=1]

Whatever this thing is.

I could take that guy down.  But...

Creepy phone calls in the wee hours of the night, from numbers I don't know... people knocking on my door only to ask me if I speak Spanish or not... the maintenance man... Mormons...  :o

as if we can't learn from history like the Salem Witch trials where young adolescents caused death and destruction in the community with stories about their neighbors.
PC people trying to direct the agenda towards their divide and conquer  motivation.
Atheists trying to interpret Freedom of religion to freedom from religion.
Trying to criminalize kids that make pantomime gestures like hands pointing like guns or drawing of arrows in a bow .

Trying to hyper sexualize six year olds for touching or hugging each other in spontaneous actions.
The crackdown on Freedom of speech by people that turn to innuendo and attack mode to put down others opinion rather than rational discussion of ideas.

Reading this thread late at night is a terrible idea.

area51drone

Quote from: bateman on December 28, 2013, 09:14:56 PM
RIGHT?!?!

Wasn't that a frame from communion?  If so, I don't know what is scarier about that movie - the aliens or the fact that Whitley Strieber scammed enough people to make a movie out of his pathetic excuse of a book.   Bateman, get him on your show and get to the truth!

Quote from: area51drone on January 04, 2014, 02:03:14 AM
Wasn't that a frame from communion?  If so, I don't know what is scarier about that movie - the aliens or the fact that Whitley Strieber scammed enough people to make a movie out of his pathetic excuse of a book.   Bateman, get him on your show and get to the truth!

Yeah it is. I found pretty much the whole movie creepy as hell. I remember the book spooking me as well.
Doesn't change that it's fiction though :)

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 04, 2014, 02:00:01 AM
Reading this thread late at night is a terrible idea.

I have a hard enough time reading this thread in broad daylight!! 
Thank you, Seraphim27!!    :P    Some seriously creepy images there....((shudder, shudder))