• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Examples of Government Insanity - Feel Free to Add !!!

Started by Zircon, June 14, 2012, 09:36:00 AM

Zircon

1.) Down in Dallas, the Occupy Wall Street folks are protesting children selling lemonade at a lemonade stand to raise money for the homeless.

2.) In Philadelphia, the city is attempting to shut down food for the hungry that has been going on for many years due to "unhealthy" food. You know too many calories, fat content. And this is for people who can't get a meal anywhere else.

3.) In Missouri, a family was selling bunnies. Seems OK. But got slapped with a $90K fine for so doing. Told if they didn't pay in 30 days or less it would go up to $3.1M. The went to court and the Department of Agriculture got red faced embarrassed - after a year in the courts !!! Your tax dollars at work for LAWYERS. Offered to dismiss the charges if they agreed never to breed animals ever again. Thing is they are farmer/rancher types who need to breed their animals for sale and family use. All of this over selling bunnies.

Now I ask any of you with a brain (that means everyone around here) because clearly the fucking government is fucking criminal and full of punks, thugs and elitists. The Congress has effectively given up its rights - YOUR RIGHTS - to bureaucratic agencies full of fucking federal lifers whose sole purpose is to fuck you out of everything you have because they are unaccountable, irresponsible and basically don't give a flying fuck about you.

The Occupy folks are nothing but a bunch of useless, mindless ass holes without a clue. If they spent half as much time looking for a job they'd be at work (even if just part time) doing something. The rest of us are having to deal with this fucking economy brought on by our federal reserve's lack of accountability, a few fucking banks and this fucking administration in particular. And then we have these useless, "give me something for nothing" believers who actually think it is free !!! How fucking stupid can any of these people be ???

Juan

I took the asthma medication Azmacort for more than 20-years.  The FDA says it is perfectly fine for me to inhale directly into my lungs.  However, the EPA says if I breath back out, the medicine will destroy the environment.  The EPA banned the manufacture of my medicine.  And no, it's not available in Mexico, Canada, etc. and no, none of the supposed replacements work as well.

The government is not only stupid, it is cruel.

stevesh

Quote from: Zircon on June 14, 2012, 09:36:00 AM
1.) Down in Dallas, the Occupy Wall Street folks are protesting children selling lemonade at a lemonade stand to raise money for the homeless.

2.) In Philadelphia, the city is attempting to shut down food for the hungry that has been going on for many years due to "unhealthy" food. You know too many calories, fat content. And this is for people who can't get a meal anywhere else.

3.) In Missouri, a family was selling bunnies. Seems OK. But got slapped with a $90K fine for so doing. Told if they didn't pay in 30 days or less it would go up to $3.1M. The went to court and the Department of Agriculture got red faced embarrassed - after a year in the courts !!! Your tax dollars at work for LAWYERS. Offered to dismiss the charges if they agreed never to breed animals ever again. Thing is they are farmer/rancher types who need to breed their animals for sale and family use. All of this over selling bunnies.

Now I ask any of you with a brain (that means everyone around here) because clearly the fucking government is fucking criminal and full of punks, thugs and elitists. The Congress has effectively given up its rights - YOUR RIGHTS - to bureaucratic agencies full of fucking federal lifers whose sole purpose is to fuck you out of everything you have because they are unaccountable, irresponsible and basically don't give a flying fuck about you.

The Occupy folks are nothing but a bunch of useless, mindless ass holes without a clue. If they spent half as much time looking for a job they'd be at work (even if just part time) doing something. The rest of us are having to deal with this fucking economy brought on by our federal reserve's lack of accountability, a few fucking banks and this fucking administration in particular. And then we have these useless, "give me something for nothing" believers who actually think it is free !!! How fucking stupid can any of these people be ???

Yup, and while some here (and elsewhere) woukld ding you for repeating Glenn Beck's talking points, I won't since in these cases he/you are absolutely right.

The guest on C2C last night (Brooks Agnew) called the people you're talking about 'professional voters' (those who vote for the candidate who promises them the most government stuff) and he's right. Those lazy idiots are the problem in the US now.

We can't fix them, but we can overcome them as long as there are more of us than them. Problem is, that the tipping point is fast approaching where there are more of the takers thatn the givers.

onan

I dunno I did a search for kids being hassled for selling lemonade at an ows in dallas... nothing came up.

I find it odd to think the government is bad but, when a group demonstrates their frustration with said government and its sexual relationship with big business, those are bad people. Seems to me one cant have it both ways.

Selling bunnies... similar story told by Michael Moore in the documentary "Roger and Me".

If these stories came from beck they are most likely complete lies.

Zircon

Steve, glad to read that you're listening to Glenn Beck as well. Sorry that I didn't mention him. You're spot on with your assessment of the "gimme, gimme !!!" crowd. Useless idiots that insist on remaining in diapers.

Onan, your avatar shows me a frustrated man. I think we all feel pretty much the same way when it comes to our political options these days. Thing is that we've always been taken for a ride. And I think Beck is so damned cautious about what he reports because the media is just waiting for him to screw up - he checks things out.

UFO, sorry about your asthma as my oldest daughter has it as well. She takes one of those prescriptions - can't recall the name as my wife (who would know) is in the shower as I write this. Bad for the environment ... what? Does it kill some recently discovered fucking bug nobody has ever heard about?

HAL 9000

Quote from: onan on June 14, 2012, 02:14:19 PMI dunno I did a search for kids being hassled for selling lemonade at an ows in dallas... nothing came up.

I find it odd to think the government is bad but, when a group demonstrates their frustration with said government and its sexual relationship with big business, those are bad people. Seems to me one cant have it both ways.

If these stories came from beck they are most likely complete lies.

I can't speak about an OWS connection, but there are numerous examples of lemonade stands being shutdown, fined, and even arrests made.

The female cop in the video below commits battery against the videographer, yet I'm sure if I bitch-slapped her, I'd be beaten and maybe even shot.

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=t7wlx95Ztsw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p7L3s_gyD8
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPKUUH7ytUo
www.youtube.com/watch?&v=cKiOPzdyfmk
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAsBkGgEiHc

A provocative parody:
Lemonade Stand Gets Shut Down
There many other lemonade stand videos y'all can look up yourselves. I'm not a conspiracist, but I do see our liberties being eroded at even the most fundamental levels.

onan

It would be hard to argue that there is any sanity in those examples.

The only one I will defend is the first one. I doubt the cops wanted any part of that mess. More than likely some park official decided that someone was breaking the rules and complained. Cops take orders like most of us. The false bravado from the sidelines egging on more agitation was what upset me most. Stupid people making things worse than they have to be. And in all honesty those weren't kids. Yeah the lemonade was real cheap and really wasn't bothering anyone. I will concede that. But I have to ask what about next week when there are several lemonade stands, then what?

As to the female cop pushing the camera... she did tell the guy more than once not to film her... I would have shoved the camera up his ass.

It was a sucky day for all involved. But even though the vendors weren't rocket scientists I am pretty sure they had the capability to understand they needed a permit.

onan

Quote from: Zircon on June 14, 2012, 04:23:16 PM
Onan, your avatar shows me a frustrated man.

My avatar is from the Cohen brothers' film "The Big Lebowski"

If you haven't seen it I recommend it highly.

Zircon

Quote from: onan on June 14, 2012, 05:31:12 PM

My avatar is from the Cohen brothers' film "The Big Lebowski"

If you haven't seen it I recommend it highly.

Oh I have and I love it !!! One of my favorites. I can identify with the poor sod.

b_dubb

yes ... Onan is the Dude. hello Dude welcome to the forum. post often. or between white russians

I don't expect the San Francisco program to give panhandlers $75 a week to "foster" a puppy to work out so well...

HAL 9000

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on June 15, 2012, 12:46:22 AMI don't expect the San Francisco program to give panhandlers $75 a week to "foster" a puppy to work out so well...

Especially if they follow Obama's example, and have them for a meal - I hear they're tender when young. Woof woof.

Frys Girl

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on June 15, 2012, 12:46:22 AM
I don't expect the San Francisco program to give panhandlers $75 a week to "foster" a puppy to work out so well...
I read that on SFist too. What a bunch of morons. Those people who choose to not look after themselves are charged with the care of a baby animal? GTFO.

"Puppy ran away.... darn. Can I have my 75 bucks please?"

onan

It is so easy to be smug.

Not that I think giving homeless people a dog is the best idea, but it isn't the worst either. Not to mention that those that are going to be taking care of those dogs have to be living in a structured environment... yes that could be a shelter... if you know anything about shelters you know that staying in one for any length of time is difficult. Do your own research to find out why.

And $75, you read, right, that the money came from Vanessa Getty. Not a government agency.

Oh but it is San Francisco... mebbe its gay, certainly it is liberal... so fuckem.

Godamnit, we have the homeless problem because we closed mental institiutions under reagan. No he didn't do it alone. In the 70's there were 20 times the hospital beds for the mentally ill as there are now.

More than 25% of the homeless are military veterans. But it is much easier to look down our noses and be disgusted and then have a good laugh at those silly do gooders... shame on you... shame on you.

preston

HUD orders Arab landlord to pay $50,000
An Arab man said he will appeal a 50,000 dollar fine from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for evicting an couple from their mobile home because of their mixed-race relationship.

Phillip Maze rented a mobile home to Melissa and Amanda Garrett and Christopher Doss in the Spring of 2009.

Maze is now being penalized by HUD for evicting the three based on race.

Maze said he's not a bigoted person, but admits he did tell them he did not approve of interracial relationships. However, he said that had nothing to do with him wanting them out.  Maze said it was because seven people were living in the home instead of four.

"I said 'No, too many people. Too much liability. No,'" said Maze.

Maze said he had suspected drug use and told them he was taking care of his elderly mother next door.

"I had told them that we have illness here. We've got sickness here and you cannot bring trouble here," he aid.

Maze said after six weeks they left, and he was visited by a HUD inspector and a few months after that, he said, Melissa Garrett validated his suspicions.

"She was charged with possession of crack cocaine sitting in a car in front of an auto parts place," he said.

Court records show Melissa Garrett is currently wanted for failing to appear on cocaine charges in Marshall county.

She's also facing other drug charges in Madison and Limestone counties.

Attempts to reach all three plaintiffs were unsuccessful

1) I am more interested in decisions than lawsuits. You can file a suit for pretty much anything but a judge not throwing it out means something.

2) Government insanity: I have one interesting story about this. I used to think that these "preserved lands" or land that you could not develop because of some endangered beetle or flower or what not was a government thing but its not-homebuilders are involved in this as well. Once the land is set aside, builders put up housing developments on the land next to it. Having 450 acres of land no one can develop on in your backyard adds value to your home (especially in areas such as San Jose or Los Angeles).

A person I worked with at a homebuilder told this story as "part of seeing opportunity in every situation" and he did really well with this in the 80s. I wish I had thought of that.

kf5iwe

Quote from: onan on June 14, 2012, 05:28:17 PM
It would be hard to argue that there is any sanity in those examples.

The only one I will defend is the first one. I doubt the cops wanted any part of that mess. More than likely some park official decided that someone was breaking the rules and complained. Cops take orders like most of us. The false bravado from the sidelines egging on more agitation was what upset me most. Stupid people making things worse than they have to be. And in all honesty those weren't kids. Yeah the lemonade was real cheap and really wasn't bothering anyone. I will concede that. But I have to ask what about next week when there are several lemonade stands, then what?

As to the female cop pushing the camera... she did tell the guy more than once not to film her... I would have shoved the camera up his ass.

It was a sucky day for all involved. But even though the vendors weren't rocket scientists I am pretty sure they had the capability to understand they needed a permit.
I am a cop. No cop I know would do this. The nazis tried that "only following orders crap".  People are allowed to film us we are public servants. My buddy almost lost his job taking a camera away from somebody and arresting them. He had a few days off to think about it.
If you backtrack these and other events you will find a democrat at the bottom of every one. Damn communist fuckers

analog kid

Quote from: kf5iwe on June 23, 2012, 07:12:05 AM
  I am a cop. No cop I know would do this. The nazis tried that "only following orders crap".  People are allowed to film us we are public servants. My buddy almost lost his job taking a camera away from somebody and arresting them. He had a few days off to think about it.
If you backtrack these and other events you will find a democrat at the bottom of every one. Damn communist fuckers

There's been regular stories of people getting ridiculous amounts of prison terms for filming cops for years. One guy got life. It was thrown out of court, but it was still an audacious charge.

Juan

Glenn Harlan Reynolds, a law professor at the University of Tennessee, has written a paper arguing that we have a due process right to record the police.
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2043907

EvB

We have laws that say that undocumented aliens may not enter or stay in the US (there are exeptions but they are very specific, having to do with human trafficking, persecution, and so on) yet, we neither amend those laws, nor enforce them. We all know about the mess in Arizona.

Please note: I am not saying that I think we should place barbed wire at our borders. I am not saying we should have a 'come one come all' policy. I'm saying, only, that whatever our policy - it should be consistent and enforceable.

Here is one of my favorite examples of this craziness from the Selective Service System:

ATTENTION, UNDOCUMENTED MALES & IMMIGRANT SERVICING GROUPS!

Selective Service does not collect any information which would indicate whether or not you are undocumented. You want to protect yourself for future U.S. citizenship and other government benefits and programs by registering with Selective Service. Do it today.

Other notes from Selective service go on to say that if an undocumented alien does not register for selective service, they injure their chances for becoming legal residents in the future.  This is just ONE of the many examples of the 'mixed message' we give on the subject of undocumented residents. Tell me, how is anyone supposed to know what is, and is not, allowed behavior?!

Can anyone claim this is not insane?

Juan

There were plenty of non-citizens drafted during Vietnam.

EvB

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 02, 2012, 07:41:28 AM
There were plenty of non-citizens drafted during Vietnam.

No doubt.  And I'm not saying that a non-citizen who is a permanent resident of the US should not be. (If there is a draft at all, which is a whole other discussion) The point is that regulations that require undocumented residents (who technically should not be here in the first place - as the laws stand) to register for the draft is tacit acceptance of their presence, and a mixed message to everyone.  It's the crazy-making quality of all this that has my undies in a bunch, not the people themselves.