• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Abductions, thoughts?

Started by henge0stone, September 25, 2015, 06:57:56 AM

henge0stone

What do you guys think about alien abductions? Do you think they're legit? Misdiagnosis of sleep paralysis or what?

b_dubb

( ( Sleep paralysis + active imagination ) * false memory from hypnosis ) * need to sell books nth power

Just Me

I was abducted by the grays in 88 and have no intention to write a book or profit from my experience. In fact, I stopped communicating the experience because of the attacks from sheeple in denial protecting their belief systems

henge0stone

Quote from: Just Me on September 25, 2015, 01:00:56 PM
I was abducted by the grays in 88 and have no intention to write a book or profit from my experience. In fact, I stopped communicating the experience because of the attacks from sheeple in denial protecting their belief systems

I don't mean to be disrespectful but what makes you think it was not merely sleep paralysis? I've never had sleep paralysis or an abduction type experience so I don't know if there are differences. Most abductions sound like textbook sleep paralysis cases but the ones that involve missing time are a little harder to pin down.

Just Me

Quote from: henge0stone on September 25, 2015, 04:00:13 PM
I don't mean to be disrespectful but what makes you think it was not merely sleep paralysis? I've never had sleep paralysis or an abduction type experience so I don't know if there are differences. Most abductions sound like textbook sleep paralysis cases but the ones that involve missing time are a little harder to pin down.

The observable version of reality is so weird, there's no tellin whats happenin.

I had sleep paralysis back in the 70s. I would become awake, see my body laying there but could not move. I tried to move a finger to wake my wife but it was impossible to do. The thing was, when I was paralyzed there was a bluish green light bathing the room.

The abduction happened in maine and for some reason I became over overwhelmingly tired and had to stop for sleep. Then, they took me up.

Psychological phenomenon.

With the tens of thousands of people who claim to be abductees. Why has an alien never been caught on a web cam or the like?

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 25, 2015, 05:47:13 PM

With the tens of thousands of people who claim to be abductees. Why has an alien never been caught on a web cam or the like?
Ding! Ding! Ding!
(Or even catching a solid UFO picture/film/video for that matter).
Yes, it must be assumed that cameras and the like are the very first thing that an alien from Siriusly SuperiorToAllMankind B, you know, the planet of the masonic gods, would be interested in confiscating, because they really don't want curiosity seekers and turd-mongers (*cough*GeorgeNoory *cough) to become aware of their bung-buggery. I mean can you imagine, flying all the way across the damn galaxy to butt-fuck trailer trash (or as in Weeber's case, fiction writers)?   Oh the embarrassment.   There go all the government contracts!

Perhaps the real question should be, as you pointed out, is this really psychological phenomenon? That is to say, phenomenon based upon sixty plus years of conditioning and suggestion...

Or the real question should actually be What The Fuck?
Anal probes??? Jesus, mang, first the Catholic hierarchy, then the "aliens" get into the rectum probing binnis. Then, the friggin Pope comes out and says that aliens are above us in God's plans (or some bullshit like that). I mean Jeebus H. Christ on banana-peel roller skates, WHAT THE FUCK?

What kind of doom-struck pencil neck believes ANY of this shit?

GravitySucks

When I first started hearing about abductions in the 80's, I thought I might have been abducted as a child.  I had memories of being taken into a strange room but they weren't very clear.

I finally talked about it with my Grandmother who was very surprised that I could even remember any of it.  Turns out that I was 18 months old and had seizures, so they did several EEG tests... Taking me into s small windowed room that was all white, chrome and glass, made me drink some sedative and would tape wires to my head...

Until My Grandmother told me the details, I was leaning towards being an abductee.

Now the implant in my forearm is another story.  Every Doctor I have asked about it blows me off and says it is probably just a benign cyst, but it moves around under my skin.  They refuse to do any MRI.  I think they know it is an implant and they don't want to risk it getting sucked out of my arm and ruining their MRI.

Either that or one of my siblings shot me with a BB gun and I don't remember it.

henge0stone

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2015, 08:18:07 PM
When I first started hearing about abductions in the 80's, I thought I might have been abducted as a child.  I had memories of being taken into a strange room but they weren't very clear.

I finally talked about it with my Grandmother who was very surprised that I could even remember any of it.  Turns out that I was 18 months old and had seizures, so they did several EEG tests... Taking me into s small windowed room that was all white, chrome and glass, made me drink some sedative and would tape wires to my head...

Until My Grandmother told me the details, I was leaning towards being an abductee.

Now the implant in my forearm is another story.  Every Doctor I have asked about it blows me off and says it is probably just a benign cyst, but it moves around under my skin.  They refuse to do any MRI.  I think they know it is an implant and they don't want to risk it getting sucked out of my arm and ruining their MRI.

Either that or one of my siblings shot me with a BB gun and I don't remember it.

It's interesting how memories of old events can form into different things.

Listening to Whitley describe his first experience was a textbook sleep paralysis. Bright light, sensing creatures moving around him, weight on the chest, paralysis.

BobGrau

I've experience sleep paralysis many, many times, sometimes combined with hypnagogic hallucinations or one or other on its own. I've never experienced any of the abduction phenomena, just a surrealised version of the room I was in at the time.
I've also hallucinated 'recreationally' a lot over the years and I can confirm that it's reeeeeaally difficult to not know that you're hallucinating. Likewise, waking up from a crazy dream scenario is difficult to misinterpret.

But I'm in a bad mood, so I'll conclude with "These people can't all be wrong... so they must be lying"   >:( ::) :P

K_Dubb

I wonder if anyone has given a large group of abductees one of those standard 4x4 personality tests and compared with the general population.

BobGrau

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 06, 2015, 03:25:12 PM
I wonder if anyone has given a large group of abductees BellGabbers one of those standard 4x4 personality tests and compared with the general population.

Seriously!

K_Dubb

Quote from: BobGrau on October 06, 2015, 03:32:44 PM
Seriously!

Hahaha yeah it's a weird group.  Unusually for a paranormal site I get the impression the majority here are pretty skeptical and doesn't reflect Art's audience to any significant degree.

=Schlyder=

Betty and Barney Hill  case  and Travis Walton case are a couple abductions that I think are very believable.

BobGrau

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 06, 2015, 03:43:21 PM
Hahaha yeah it's a weird group.  Unusually for a paranormal site I get the impression the majority here are pretty skeptical and doesn't reflect Art's audience to any significant degree.

I think if one takes an interest in the paranormal for any length of time we have to face the fact that most of it's bullshit. What makes an Art Bell fan is that you keep looking.

...or wait, maybe I'm talking about the falkie thread, I forget which it is.

K_Dubb

Quote from: BobGrau on October 07, 2015, 12:26:49 AM
I think if one takes an interest in the paranormal for any length of time we have to face the fact that most of it's bullshit. What makes an Art Bell fan is that you keep looking.

...or wait, maybe I'm talking about the falkie thread, I forget which it is.

Very well-said.  Skepticism doesn't imply a closed mind.  On the contrary, a real skeptic reaches as few conclusions as possible.

henge0stone

Quote from: Schlyder7 on October 06, 2015, 11:54:12 PM
Betty and Barney Hill  case  and Travis Walton case are a couple abductions that I think are very believable.

Any time there's missing time documented I tend to think these stories might have something to them. Not necessarily Aliens but something happened to that person.

Centurion40

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 25, 2015, 05:47:13 PM

Agreed.

There could some frauds amongst the abductees, but I have the sense that most are very sincere people who cannot explain their experiences.  The brain and brain chemistry are very powerful influences upon us.  In this age of very sophisticated surveillance and video/audio capture equipment, there is absolutely no evidence of any alien abductions or visitations.

That being said, if there are other sentient forms of life able to travel across galaxies or dimensions; one could presume that they are more evolved or advanced than we are.  Therefore we might not be able to detect them or their activities, any more than my dog can understand how or why a pizza gets delivered to my door.

Art

I was a skeptic, until I heard this chilling tale:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCBOfj9iA6I

ZomZom

Quote from: BobGrau on October 07, 2015, 12:26:49 AM

As already noted this is very well-said.  The bar for claiming scientific knowledge is much higher than the bar for interesting talk radio, or even for continued research.   And that is not the same as dismissing people's anecdotes out-of-hand.

Just Me

The Betty Andreasson Alien Abduction was phony . As soon as they start with god and angels and mother mary bs. its fake, a religious hallucination, biblical insanity to sell books

artbell_ghost

maybe, but whats your evidence?

Jojo

Was there any ether quality?  Like, could you have been mentally abducted but maybe the scenario was mind control/perception tampering? 

Any idea why they abduct people?

Would you mind describing your missing time?

henge0stone

Quote from: artbell_ghost on June 14, 2019, 10:37:10 PM
maybe, but whats your evidence?

What's my evidence that its sleep paralysis or that missing time cases are more compelling? For sleep paralysis it's just occums razor. People describe seeing beings in their room and unable to move during sleep paralysis, with untrained people like david Jacobs using hypnosis and have a clear alien abduction bias, I think its obvious that most of these experiences are planted on peoples minds.
Missing time cases are more compelling but they still have no solid evidence.