• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Graham Hancock

Started by Hernerwerzog, November 05, 2013, 08:35:25 AM

Hernerwerzog

Graham Hancock was the first guest I was actually looking forward to hearing.

CornyCrow

I really looked forward to this, as well. 

Mhayhurst

Me too. I'm attending a lecture with Graham Hancock on 11/11 in Greensboro, NC and was excited to hear his conversation with Art.

Mastodonkey

I know. Graham had posted on his facebook he was going to be on Dark Matter over a month ago and I was almost literally counting down the days till he was on. Then bam.. the end of everything.  Art and Graham always have great shows together.. really bummed.

Mhayhurst

I just saw him speak in Greensboro, NC last night about his follow book to Fingerprints of the Gods and his new findings. Fascinating!!!

Mhayhurst

Me too. He didn't mention it once last night. I thought he might, but he was on topic.

He's going to be on The Joe Rogan Experience this week. (Not sure exactly when).

Mastodonkey

Quote from: Jackstar on November 12, 2013, 03:40:52 PM
I was so looking forward to hearing him talk about THIS:

http://disinfo.com/2013/03/graham-hancock-calls-out-teds-blatant-censorship/

If you follow him on facebook or heard a few others things on youtube he's already talked the hell out of it. not much else to say.

He's supposed to be on Joe Rogan today at 3PM Pacific Live last I heard.

Morgus

I see Graham Hancock is now scheduled to appear as a guest on Noory's c2cam next week.
Yet another one of Art Bell's planned guests from last week that got bumped, getting 'poached' by Noory?

Jackstar

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 13, 2013, 03:51:59 AM
he's already talked the hell out of it. not much else to say.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 12, 2013, 03:40:52 PM
I was so looking forward to hearing him talk about THIS:

...with Art Bell. Wasn't that part implicit? I know, I know, it is pretty vague the way I posted my reply in the part of the forum labelled "Art Bell's Guests" on the site called "THE Art Bell Fan Forum," but you're right, I guess--not much else to say.

I guess I picked the wrong week to stop being sarcastic.

Mastodonkey

Quote from: Morgus on November 15, 2013, 01:32:43 AM
I see Graham Hancock is now scheduled to appear as a guest on Noory's c2cam next week.
Yet another one of Art Bell's planned guests from last week that got bumped, getting 'poached' by Noory?

Whatever the case I guess thats one c2c show I'll be listening to. Graham likes to talk on his own without much guidance sort of cancelling out Snoory's nonsense most of the time.

Chaim

I hate this guy.
One of the worst liars ever in this genre.

WildCard

Quote from: Chaim on July 29, 2014, 08:28:14 PM
I hate this guy.
That's funny. I feel the same way about you.

Chaim

Quote from: WildCard on July 29, 2014, 08:32:48 PM
That's funny. I feel the same way about you.
curse your eyes!

Juan Cena

One of the original "non-white,non-European ancient people  were too stupid to build their magnificent structures on there own, and needed help from the space aliens to do it."

Total racism. 

WildCard

Quote from: Juan Cena on July 31, 2014, 11:17:58 PM
One of the original "non-white,non-European ancient people  were too stupid to build their magnificent structures on there own, and needed help from the space aliens to do it."

Total racism.
No, not racism. Species ism? Not a word, but yeah that idea is anti-humanist.

But, that's not what he's saying. He's not handing out answers. He's just pointing out questions. At least that's my impression.

Juan Cena

Quote from: WildCard on August 01, 2014, 08:42:45 PM
No, not racism. Species ism? Not a word, but yeah that idea is anti-humanist.

But, that's not what he's saying. He's not handing out answers. He's just pointing out questions. At least that's my impression.

Oh it's racism. alright.

The whole "Ancient Aliens" meme is loaded with racism, because it denies the possibility that non-white, non-European civilizations could have built their great architectural triumphs without some kind of help from space aliens. 

coaster

Graham Hancock is not really an ancient alien theorist.

WildCard

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 01, 2014, 08:56:44 PM
Oh it's racism. alright.

The whole "Ancient Aliens" meme is loaded with racism, because it denies the possibility that non-white, non-European civilizations could have built their great architectural triumphs without some kind of help from space aliens.
I don't see that in the meme itself but, fine.

To blame the "aliens did it" meme on Hancock is to miss the whole point question.

Yeah, you'll see sound bites of Hancock on how little we really know about ancient civilizations. That doesn't imply that the next talking head really does know all about ancient civilizations = aliens did it.

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 01, 2014, 08:56:44 PM
Oh it's racism. alright.

There have been engineering feats that we couldn't do today.  Certainly not with the tools available at the time.

It's certainly worth wondering about.  Suggesting aliens as a possibility isn't 'racist', claiming it could very well have been aliens in order to have people tune into the program isn't either, jeez.  Some of these marvels are in Europe.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 01, 2014, 09:43:41 PM

There have been engineering feats that we couldn't do today.  Certainly not with the tools available at the time.

This is a statement that both a)discounts the abilities of ancient peoples to build these structures using low-tech tools and instruments, along with b) overestimating the complexity of the structures themselves.

QuoteIt's certainly worth wondering about.  Suggesting aliens as a possibility isn't 'racist', claiming it could very well have been aliens in order to have people tune into the program isn't either, jeez.  Some of these marvels are in Europe.

The "European marvels" are based on more advanced architectural principles than the pyramids are, using more advanced ideas like the Roman arch. Which begs the question "If ancient aliens did share architectural concepts with the Egyptians, why didn't the aliens show the Egyptians the arch, which is a way more useful concept?"

Juan Cena

Quote from: WildCard on August 01, 2014, 09:07:28 PM
I don't see that in the meme itself but, fine.

To blame the "aliens did it" meme on Hancock is to miss the whole point question.

Yeah, you'll see sound bites of Hancock on how little we really know about ancient civilizations. That doesn't imply that the next talking head really does know all about ancient civilizations = aliens did it.

I said he was "one of the original" guys hawking the theory. At least in when it comes to the Art Bell era of pseudoscience. 

onan

"Ancient peoples" were capable of building the structures that astound us. Without the help of aliens, because... aliens, outer space aliens, really?

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 02, 2014, 03:36:47 AM
This is a statement that both a)discounts the abilities of ancient peoples to build these structures using low-tech tools and instruments, along with b) overestimating the complexity of the structures themselves...

I think it's just a dumb but entertaining theory.  Early man was as creative and intelligent as modern humans. 

While I really don't believe much of what Hancock has to say, he is quite an entertaining guest. I like his books and TV specials as well. He's well spoken and articulate. I don't like him shitting on academia and Egyptology, however. Nor do I like his association with Hoaxland. Other than that, he's OK.   

henge0stone

I agree I love hearing him on the show. All the ancient civilization topics are  my favorite.