• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

C2C Am/FM or AM/PM?

Started by henge0stone, August 20, 2016, 01:29:54 AM

henge0stone

Which Am do you think its referring too?

cweb

Despite it running at 10pm PST, I think it's actually referring to AM in the sense of time.

Why restrict the band? (Even though FM stations do carry C2CAM.)

henge0stone

Quote from: cweb on August 20, 2016, 07:37:46 PM
Despite it running at 10pm PST, I think it's actually referring to AM in the sense of time.

Why restrict the band? (Even though FM stations do carry C2CAM.)

Listening randomly on the archive I heard him saying coast to coast am pm for some reason so guess thats it

Someone could call in and ask the Snorge.  He's sure to know, right?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: henge0stone on August 20, 2016, 08:53:01 PM
Listening randomly on the archive I heard him saying coast to coast am pm for some reason so guess thats it

i think that's what phil hendrie used to say in his art bell parodies.

zeebo

Noory's C2C should have been called PM since it helps me snooze soundly at nite.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 20, 2016, 09:11:07 PM
Someone could call in and ask the Snorge.  He's sure to know, right?
Nah, Noory just kept the name of the show created by Art Bell which started in the early 1990s back when it was all AM radios...
All Noory did for the show title is add his "with George Noory" to the end.  8)

Lord Grantham

I've always assumed it meant AM as in the band. FM talk is still the exception, not the rule.

henge0stone

Quote from: Lord Grantham on September 04, 2016, 05:36:18 AM
I've always assumed it meant AM as in the band. FM talk is still the exception, not the rule.

Unless its NPR which seems to have space on every FM station. Listening to an old show (might have been dreamland though) they kept mentioning the station as talk 102 FM. So that plus him saying AM PM makes me lean towards it as am pm and not Am Fm. Still I guess it could be both??? Someone needs to ask Art.

Zetaspeak

I didn't put too much thought into it but personally I thought it meant to mean "After midnight" as I am on the eastern time zone. I would also lean that was as when Art got his newest show the title once again associated with the time of night the show was on "Midnight in the desert"

In my mind, I always took it as a reference to the AM band which is almost always the home of talk radio while the music oriented stations all fled to the FM band.

Or maybe Art used it as a double entrendre, referring to both the bandwidth and the late night slot. Don't know.