• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

Ciardelo

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 15, 2016, 01:13:14 PM
Just picked up A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS.

It's awesome so far.

I named my character Dr. Ass, so when I pass people with streetview on they'll see it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: area51drone on February 08, 2016, 02:22:35 AM
Bought myself a GORF upright tonight.  Not sure why.. probably because it was cheap.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7983

Congrats on the cabinet! Have any others?

area51drone

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2016, 01:01:23 AM
Congrats on the cabinet! Have any others?

No, just a bunch of pinball machines.  The monitor needs a cap kit, I think I might pull it and put in a LCD and a pc and run mame on it.  The control panel is easy to swap out so I can make a cool looking mame machine out of it.  Of course, I'll keep everything intact so it won't be a Gorf that can't be a Gorf again.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: area51drone on February 16, 2016, 01:15:41 AM
No, just a bunch of pinball machines.  The monitor needs a cap kit, I think I might pull it and put in a LCD and a pc and run mame on it.  The control panel is easy to swap out so I can make a cool looking mame machine out of it.  Of course, I'll keep everything intact so it won't be a Gorf that can't be a Gorf again.

Cool! Good luck with the MAME conversion! I'd wanna swap the control panel for soemthing like a tank stick though, so that I could enjoy the range of arcade games offered, dual stick and trackball games too. If I'm ever rich enough to start collecting arcade cabinets I'd wanna get the ones where the hardware was almost as important as the software, e.g. driving games, etc. I don't know of you've ever seen some f the YouTube shows about this but https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZYy_nCf6lU

ziznak

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 15, 2016, 01:13:14 PM
Just picked up A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS.

It's awesome so far.

I named my character Dr. Ass, so when I pass people with streetview on they'll see it.
thats funny! there are some interesting stories online about how nintendo has tried to moderate certain aspects of the "miiverse" and streetpass/spotpass/flipnote that have allowed little perverted kids to draw penises on bowser and stuff.... there is probly an angry japanese man cursing your name right now at nintendo corp headquarters.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/12/13/our-reporter-discovers-penis-disguised-as-goomba-nintendos-online-police-on-the-case-moments-later/

Quote from: ziznak on February 16, 2016, 11:54:38 AM
thats funny! there are some interesting stories online about how nintendo has tried to moderate certain aspects of the "miiverse" and streetpass/spotpass/flipnote that have allowed little perverted kids to draw penises on bowser and stuff.... there is probly an angry japanese man cursing your name right now at nintendo corp headquarters.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/12/13/our-reporter-discovers-penis-disguised-as-goomba-nintendos-online-police-on-the-case-moments-later/

lol!
This. A thousand times this.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 16, 2016, 06:12:03 PM
lol!
This. A thousand times this.
This is why we can't have nice things  >:(

zeebo

Ok so true to my word I booted up Skyrim again.  I figure with the talk of years till the next game I oughta give it another go.  (Btw are the rumors still that it's gonna be Black Marsh, home of the Argonians?)

Added some mods which give more characters, places, quests.  Also found a performance mod which strips away alot of those swaying grasses which was clunkifying my poor old PC.  Also got one that blocks Fast Travel so I won't be tempted - thus increasing the fun of roaming about whilst adventuring. 

My stealth elf is still pretty good with the bow, and I so enjoy those long-range sneak attacks - but I kinda feel like rolling a new char.  Maybe a Breton mage that specializes in Conjuration/Illusion or a club-wielding grunt-n-smash Orc. 

area51drone

I still would love to play online Diplomacy with a group of you guys if anyone was interested.

cweb

Quote from: zeebo on February 17, 2016, 02:16:56 AM
Ok so true to my word I booted up Skyrim again.  I figure with the talk of years till the next game I oughta give it another go.  (Btw are the rumors still that it's gonna be Black Marsh, home of the Argonians?)
Orly? The Black Marsh would be quite interesting, especially for the stealthier builds.

onan

Added some mods which give more characters, places, quests.  Also found a performance mod which strips away alot of those swaying grasses which was clunkifying my poor old PC.  Also got one that blocks Fast Travel so I won't be tempted - thus increasing the fun of roaming about whilst adventuring. 

My stealth elf is still pretty good with the bow, and I so enjoy those long-range sneak attacks - but I kinda feel like rolling a new char.  Maybe a Breton mage that specializes in Conjuration/Illusion or a club-wielding grunt-n-smash Orc.

Being on the cutting edge of gaming, I just bought Skyrim, 5 bucks. So no spoilers, goddamnit.

zeebo

Quote from: onan on February 17, 2016, 12:10:06 PM
Being on the cutting edge of gaming, I just bought Skyrim, 5 bucks. So no spoilers, goddamnit.

Ha I got mine on Steam sale awhile back, same five bucks.  Best dollar-per-hour value goin'.   ;)

If you're on PC you might want to check out nexusmods.com at some point.  With their free mod managaer (NMM), and some patience, one can experiment with mods that improve graphics/audio/gameplay etc.  There are lists all over of which ones folks recommend. 

Get ready to immerse yourself for 200+ hours. And tell your wife "NO CALLS!"

Roswells, Art

Closed Beta 2 starts tomorrow (18th) at 3am est for Black Desert Online. It's an mmo. I hope it's good. Hard launch on March 3rd though you can get in early, and play the closed beta 2 if you pay more.

trostol

(Btw are the rumors still that it's gonna be Black Marsh, home of the Argonians?)

Elsweyr

Roswells, Art

Here's a video of one of the available classes in Black Desert Online and some of the game play if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/QUNumrR4G0M?t=47s

LOOT, a very nice optimizer for mod load order - https://loot.github.io/

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on February 17, 2016, 01:44:48 PM
Elsweyr

The land of thievin' jungle-cats?  Sounds awesome.   8)

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on February 17, 2016, 10:50:00 PM
The land of thievin' jungle-cats?  Sounds awesome.   8)

yup yup  ;D

littlechris

Onan, you are going to LOVE Skyrim. But, you MUST get a player's guide as the game is VERY in-depth. If you have GameStop stores in your area, they should definitely carry a Skyrim players guide. If not, you can order one through Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Prima-Official/dp/0307891372/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455807526&sr=1-2&keywords=skyrim+players+guide

Have fun.

Hautex

Quote from: ziznak on February 16, 2016, 11:54:38 AM

Hey! It's a map of the DFW area major highways!!!!

ponyboysunset

Bought a used Nintendo DS today to play some Zelda games I never have. Yup, I'm a Zelda nerd.  ;D

onan

Quote from: littlechris on February 18, 2016, 09:01:34 AM
Onan, you are going to LOVE Skyrim. But, you MUST get a player's guide as the game is VERY in-depth. If you have GameStop stores in your area, they should definitely carry a Skyrim players guide. If not, you can order one through Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Prima-Official/dp/0307891372/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455807526&sr=1-2&keywords=skyrim+players+guide

Have fun.

Thanks man, I do like the game.

zeebo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 18, 2016, 01:52:45 PM
Bought a used Nintendo DS today to play some Zelda games I never have. Yup, I'm a Zelda nerd.  ;D

Ahem, please, Zelda aficionado.   :D

Zelda has been a complete blast for me.

"We have need of a hero -- and your Dr. Ass is superb."

ponyboysunset

Quote from: zeebo on February 18, 2016, 02:51:57 PM
Ahem, please, Zelda aficionado.   :D
Bwahhahaha. Aw, Zeebs as if you could be any cooler.

And Agent Orange I am glad to hear! I will post more updates as I progress.