• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Bellgab Live Concert Thread

Started by Hog, May 30, 2018, 12:45:29 PM

Hog

Yesterday I was in Toronto for the Slayer Farewell 2018 tour, tonights show is in Montreal, then it swings back into my area for London Ontario in August.

The 8 hours of Behemoth, Anthrax, Lamb of God, Testament, Obituary all topped off by SLAYER has me sleep deprived.  I had a great time, my last concert involved White Zombie and Pantera back in the 90's.  I certainly have heard much of this music but wouldn't consider myself a crazy fan of all these bands, but certainly enjoyed the concert.  The way that it started in the afternoon sun and then finished in full moonlight(Full Moon) really illustrated the differences between night and day concerts.  At night the light display and the Pyrotechnics that were employed Slayer only really keep the eyes entertained.  It's cool that I was a few hundred yards from the stage in the grass location around the rim of the bowl elevated above the stage.  Everytime a pyro was used you can immediatley feel the radiant heat on exposed skin.  They used a lot of natural gas flames, I was surprised just how accurately these pyrotechnics were timed with, in some cases, individual drum hits.
The day to night concert reminded my of the Guns N' Roses/Metallica Stadium Tour of 1992, the tour where in Montreal Canada on August 8 1992, James Hetfield was burned by pyrotechnics that went off when he was standing in the wrong stage location, the Axhole Rose stopped the show when he said the monitors weren't working and he was hurting his voice, so he stopped.  Lars Ulrich later interviewed stated the as Axle Rose was telling the Metallica members why they left the stage, he had a cigarette in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other, perfect combo for a lead singer with a strained voice.  A riot ensued and the area was trashed and burned.  The next day on August 9 1992 the tour was supposed to be in Toronto at Exhibition Stadium, but when I arrived at the Stadium, all the workers were loading up the trucks and packing up the infamous snake pit stage.  The date was made up on September 13, 1992.  Faith No More, then Metallica were during the day, then Guns and Roses came out after dark.

This tour was supporting the Use your Illusion-1 and the Use Your Illusion-2 albums which dropped in 1991 and Metallica was supporting the release of their Black Album also from 1991.  Faith No More was in late support of their The Real Thing album from 1989.  The video for "EPIC" was released in Jan 1990 and it received extensive play on MTV, back when MTV actually played music videos.
The album Angel Dust dropped mid tour on June 1992.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses/Metallica_Stadium_Tour#Tour_dates

I caught Metallica in 1991 as Part of their Wherever We May Roam- North American leg in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens, then again as part of the same tour April 14, 1992 at Copps Coliseum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wherever_We_May_Roam_Tour

I need to go see live music more often, the sound was excellent.  A big thanks to my cousin for the invite and ticket.  He works in the industry and it was awesome to here him explain all the set changes.  The concert was at the old Molson Amphitheater now called Budweiser Stage, never been there before but the sound was excellent.  The sound of the kick drum was hitting hard, I could feel it in my intestines.  I told my cousin "I think Slayer is playing the "brown note" and he laughed.(Google brown note)  The with this type of heavy metal thrash metal, the sustained double kick drum is impressive.  I'm sure as a drummer MV/Liberace would be impressed, if not at least appreciate all that legwork.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slayer_Farewell_Tour

Tragically Hip
Midnight Oil
Suicidal Tendincies
Danzig
There are many more, but we'll save that for another post.  I love being able to and search these old concerts and see then documented on the internet.  There's even dedicated sites for concerts.

Anyone else want share their concert/band list? or shareany cool concert stories

peace
Hog

Jackstar

I didn't get to go see Weird Al last night because I got too many speeding tickets. #RebelYell #Don'tLetTheSunGoDownOnMe

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on May 30, 2018, 01:40:35 PM
I didn't get to go see Weird Al last night because I got too many speeding tickets. #RebelYell #Don'tLetTheSunGoDownOnMe

Because you couldn't drive to the show? I'm not getting the connection. ???

Quote from: Jackstar on May 30, 2018, 01:40:35 PM

#Uber

Jackstar

I couldn't afford the tickets when they went on sale--they sold out in seconds. This was months ago. Now, I have seen Al before, and he is totally worth losing my licence over. The show is that good. He has the best cover band in the galaxy. However, I already lost a job once in order to go to one of his shows, so I didn't feel like pushing the issue again.

Look, look, I'm just sayin'--I can't drive fifty-five.

albrecht

Quote from: Hog on May 30, 2018, 12:45:29 PM
Yesterday I was in Toronto for the Slayer Farewell 2018 tour, tonights show is in Montreal, then it swings back into my area for London Ontario in August.

The 8 hours of Behemoth, Anthrax, Lamb of God, Testament, Obituary all topped off by SLAYER has me sleep deprived.  I had a great time, my last concert involved White Zombie and Pantera back in the 90's.  I certainly have heard much of this music but wouldn't consider myself a crazy fan of all these bands, but certainly enjoyed the concert.  The way that it started in the afternoon sun and then finished in full moonlight(Full Moon) really illustrated the differences between night and day concerts.
peace
Hog
Be seeing that later on this month. In the Texas heat. Will be nutso. Reminds me of Willie's Picnics in the past but louder and more crazy. Hours of outside in the sun swilling beer and (I'm not totally stupid) drinking water and, yet, pissing maybe once? Sweat draining whatever fluids imbibed more quickly than the system, I guess.  I'm sure that is "not good" for the system.

Hog

Quote from: albrecht on May 31, 2018, 12:10:34 PM
Be seeing that later on this month. In the Texas heat. Will be nutso. Reminds me of Willie's Picnics in the past but louder and more crazy. Hours of outside in the sun swilling beer and (I'm not totally stupid) drinking water and, yet, pissing maybe once? Sweat draining whatever fluids imbibed more quickly than the system, I guess.  I'm sure that is "not good" for the system.
Awesome, it's a great show.

I had to piss once when I first got there, bought my cousin and I, 2 tallboy cans at the event which cost $23.75, rinsed and repeated once.  And didnt piss again til the parking lot after the show.

peace
Hog

ksm32

Rush

AC DC

The Cult  Best show I ever saw!

Def Lepard  it was free and there was free beer as well)

Dwight Yokum (we were his backup band) Incidentally, if you've ever wondered what Dwight is like in person? Let's just say that he wasn't acting, in slingblade.

LA guns Twice, many years apart. We backed them up on a 2003 tour.

ICE T. (did stage security, so it was free)

Tragically Hip (The) Hate 'em. it was free, worked security and caught a nasty flue.

Nirvana (just before they broke)

The Headstones

Gordon Lightfoot Glad I did, but his voice was shot.

annnd  Jerry Seinfeld. He count as a live concert?

comaphobe

I rarely see shows anymore. I recently saw The Tea Party in December at The Horseshoe on Queen. Before That it was X celebrating 40 years, which was the same week as DRI who I have seen several times but not within the last 25 years. L7 is coming soon, I will probably go and check them bitches out.

Lucinda Williams came last year for 2 nights of shows, I would liked to have seen her but I didn't go. It was the middle of winter and I was unmotivated. Maybe next time.

Here is an incomplete list of some bands I have seen. I probably forgot a handful of important ones, and didn't list any filler/opener shit or the many dozens of other bands that I have seen that were on festival bills or playing in the background while I was in some beer tent:

- The Casualties -- 2013 Polson Pier Toronto
- Billy Idol -- 2003 Koolhaus Toronto
- Samhain -- Columbus Ohio Newport Music Hall / Cincinnati Bogarts
- Danzig -- Toronto; lots of guitar picks from several concerts. Masonic Temple 1993, The Guverment 2005, Warehouse 1996 (gave me part of drumkit after show), Polson Pier 2008, Polson Pier 2013 / Columbus, Newport Music Hall 1999 / Cincinnati, Bogarts 1999 / Hamilton, Copps Colieseum 1996 / Barrie Molson Park 1994
- The Misfits(TM) -- 1996 Opera House Queen Street East (got 3 of Doyle's picks, plus something else)
- Fishbone -- 1993 Molson Park (got landed on by Angelo, kinda hurt)
- Fiona Apple -- 1999 The Orpheum, Memphis Tenn
- Suicidal Tendencies -- 1994 Barrie Molson Park
- Sisters of Mercy -- 1996-97 Toronto, The Warehouse
- Cypress Hill -- 1996 Molson Park / 1993 Varsity Arena / 1993-94 CNE Coliseum (got a gift from Sen-Dog)
- House of Pain -- 1993 Toronto Varsity Arena
- Pantera -- 1996 Hamilton Copps (floor ticket/front row caught pick from Dimebag) / 2000 Louisville Gardens
- Testament -- 2016 Toronto, The Phoenix (front row got several guitar picks and some other used stuff)
- Exodus -- 1992 The Concert Hall / 2016 The Phoenix (got a handful of picks and cool shit from the band)
- The Ramones -- 1996 Molson Park
- Body Count -- 1992 Toronto The Concert Hall 888 Yonge Street
- Dayglo Abortions -- Toronto Polson Pier / Kathedral (x2) / The Bovine (x2) / Hard Luck (x1) / Guelph Trasheteria (x2)
- The Cult -- 2008 Calgary, Flames Central / 2001 Kitchener Ontario (caught one of Billy's guitar picks with Iron Cross on it)
- Pro-Pain -- 1993 Toronto The Concert Hall
- Fugazi -- 1992 Toronto The Warehouse (too bad it wasn't Minor Threat, way better band)
- Hole -- 1994 Molson Park, Barrie (that dirty bitch threw her guitar into the audience and the losers gave it back)
- Tea Party -- 2003 '107' Mississauga, 2017 The Horseshoe Tavern
- PIL -- 1992 Toronto Concert Hall / 2010 The Phoenix
- Babes In Toyland -- 1993 Molson Park Barrie
- Soundgardren -- 1996 Molson Park
- Duran Duran -- 1993 Kingswood, Canada's Wonderland
- The Sex Pistols -- 1996 Molson Amphitheater (floor ticket)
- Sonic Youth -- 1995 Molson Park
- The Neurotic Outsiders -- 1997 The Warehouse Toronto (Steve Jones, Duff McKagan, John Taylor, Matt Sorum)
- Metric -- 2008 Calgary, Flames Central
- Metallica -- 1994 Molson Park Barrie (front row, caught drumstick from Lars) / 1996 Molson Park Barrie / 1997/98 The Warehouse Toronto
- Rage Against The Machine -- 1993 Molson Park Barrie / 1993 Varsity Arena / 1994 CNE Coliseum **BTW fuck this band
- NIN -- 2000 Value City Arena Columbus, The Fragile Tour / 2013 Toronto, Air Canada Center floor ticket)
- Alice In Chains -- 1993 Molson Park
- Pantychrist -- Kathedral 2002, 2004
- The Damned -- 2002 Toronto Horseshoe Tavern
- Ozzy Osbourne -- 1995 The Warehouse Toronto (front row)/ 1996 Molson Amphitheater (floor ticket/front row/got a guitar pick) / Ozzfest 1996 Hamilton Copps (with Danzig and Sepultura) arena floor ticket front row
- White Zombie -- 1993 The Warehouse (with Anthrax) / 1996 Hamilton Copps Coliseum (co-headline with Pantera) front row holding on to barrier for both bands
- Iggy / The Stooges -- 2010 Toronto Yonge & Dundas Square
- Iron Maiden -- 2005 Molson Amphitheater (songs from only the first 4 albums, IMO their best 4 albums) stuck in a fucking seat in front of the PA but still fun
- Ministry -- 2004 Toronto, The Warehouse (entire band played the set wearing Team Canada and TML jerseys)
- DRI -- Toronto; 1992 The Concert Hall / 1993 The Edgewater Hotel (came home with 3 of Spike's picks, and a used drumstick) / 2017 The Velvet Underground
- Social Distortion -- 2013 Yonge & Dundas Square Toronto
- Anthrax -- 1993 Warehouse Toronto (front row, caught pick from Dan Spitz) / 2000 Annie's, Cincinnati
- Cyndi Lauper -- No pop shit, had a brass section, played a full set of Memphis blues
- Tiger Army -- 2002 Toronto Horseshoe Tavern
- Marilyn Manboobs -- 1999 Columbus Ohio, a fancy theater with bowl seating, forget the name of the venue
- Rush, The Guess Who, AC/DC, Rolling Stones -- Downsview Park Summer 2004

Concerts paid for but canceled because of riots, pandemic disease, crack use headaches, death, and booking issues... in that order:

- The Exploited, 2003
- Concrete Blonde, 2004
- Bad Brains, 2012
- James Brown, scheduled for winter 2007
- Nina Hagen, 2016 cancelled with no explanation (gen admission only, $100/ea)

I opted not to get a refund on The Exploited ticket. I still have it. The event is on YouTube if you search montreal riot 2003 LOL.

Concerts skipped for unlogical reasons and permenently regretted because I am a stupid fucking cunt:

- Johnny Cash (Bandshell CNE Toronto, I was going on rides like The Zipper etc and skipped Johnny and June), I pulled similar shit with Johnny in 1992, 1994, and 1996.
- Guns N Roses/Metallica, 1992
- Gwar, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1998 (fuck me / what the fuck was I thinking)
- Heaven And Hell, late 2000s (Black Sabbath w/Ronnie James Dio)
- Slayer, mid 1990s (I thought Lombardo would come back, he eventually did but I tuned out by then)
- Wanda Jackson, about 5 years ago played a shithole dive on my street. Not sure why I didn't go. She fucked Elvis and soon she too will be dead.

If I could go back in time I would like to see these bands:

- Judas Prist, Irvine Meadows 1991
- US Festival 1983, I would watch Judas Priest then go home.
- Fear, Los Angeles 1980
- Black Flag circa 1984
- Queen, any decade or album cycle
- Live Aid, Philly July 1985 (The Cars, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath with Ozzy, Tina Turner, The Pretenders, tons of others)
- The Rolling Stones with Brian Jones
- Pink Floyd, 1980-1981
- Slade, whenever their heyday was
- Bauhaus, circa 1983
- The Bangles, Christmas/winter 1987
- The Cramps, circa 1980
- The Mamas And The Papas
- The Highwaymen, sometime in the late 80s
- The Traveling Wilburys, 1988
- Prince, Purple Rain tour cycle
- Demented Are Go circa 1987 with the classic band line-up
- Dead Kennedys circa 1984
- Concrete Blonde
- Howlin Wolf
- Screamin' Jay Hawkins
- Amy Winehouse
- Venom, circa 1981
- Jerry Reed, in the late 1970s

Still alive, I would like to see the following:

- Nina Hagen
- Patti Smith
- The Donnas
- Aimee Mann
- Juice Newton
- Public Enemy
- Sue Foley
- Loretta Lynn
- Tom Jones
- Hank III
- The Stray Cats
- Rosie Flores
- Kate Bush

Hopeful reunions:

- The Smiths
- ABBA

albrecht

Quote from: comaphobe on June 03, 2018, 11:03:05 PM
I rarely see shows anymore. I recently saw The Tea Party in December at The Horseshoe on Queen. Before That it was X celebrating 40 years, which was the same week as DRI who I have seen several times but not within the last 25 years. L7 is coming soon, I will probably go and check them bitches out.

Lucinda Williams came last year for 2 nights of shows, I would liked to have seen her but I didn't go. It was the middle of winter and I was unmotivated. Maybe next time.

Here is an incomplete list of some bands I have seen. I probably forgot a handful of important ones, and didn't list any filler/opener shit or the many dozens of other bands that I have seen that were on festival bills or playing in the background while I was in some beer tent:

- Danzig -- Toronto; lots of guitar picks from several concerts. Masonic Temple 1993, The Guverment 2005, Warehouse 1996 (gave me part of drumkit after show), Polson Pier 2008, Polson Pier 2013 / Columbus, Newport Music Hall 1999 / Cincinnati, Bogarts 1999 / Hamilton, Copps Colieseum 1996 / Barrie Molson Park 1994
- The Misfits(TM) -- 1996 Opera House Queen Street East (got 3 of Doyle's picks, plus something else)
- Cypress Hill -- 1996 Molson Park / 1993 Varsity Arena / 1993-94 CNE Coliseum (got a gift from Sen-Dog)
- Pantera -- 1996 Hamilton Copps (floor ticket/front row caught pick from Dimebag) / 2000 Louisville Gardens
- Testament -- 2016 Toronto, The Phoenix (front row got several guitar picks and some other used stuff)
- Exodus -- 1992 The Concert Hall / 2016 The Phoenix (got a handful of picks and cool shit from the band)
- Dayglo Abortions -- Toronto Polson Pier / Kathedral (x2) / The Bovine (x2) / Hard Luck (x1) / Guelph Trasheteria (x2)
- The Cult -- 2008 Calgary, Flames Central / 2001 Kitchener Ontario (caught one of Billy's guitar picks with Iron Cross on it)
- Fugazi -- 1992 Toronto The Warehouse (too bad it wasn't Minor Threat, way better band)
- Hole -- 1994 Molson Park, Barrie (that dirty bitch threw her guitar into the audience and the losers gave it back)
- The Neurotic Outsiders -- 1997 The Warehouse Toronto (Steve Jones, Duff McKagan, John Taylor, Matt Sorum)
- Metallica -- 1994 Molson Park Barrie (front row, caught drumstick from Lars) / 1996 Molson Park Barrie / 1997/98 The Warehouse Toronto
- Rage Against The Machine -- 1993 Molson Park Barrie / 1993 Varsity Arena / 1994 CNE Coliseum **BTW fuck this band
- NIN -- 2000 Value City Arena Columbus, The Fragile Tour / 2013 Toronto, Air Canada Center floor ticket)
- Ozzy Osbourne -- 1995 The Warehouse Toronto (front row)/ 1996 Molson Amphitheater (floor ticket/front row/got a guitar pick) / Ozzfest 1996 Hamilton Copps (with Danzig and Sepultura) arena floor ticket front row
- White Zombie -- 1993 The Warehouse (with Anthrax) / 1996 Hamilton Copps Coliseum (co-headline with Pantera) front row holding on to barrier for both bands
- Iron Maiden -- 2005 Molson Amphitheater (songs from only the first 4 albums, IMO their best 4 albums) stuck in a fucking seat in front of the PA but still fun
- Ministry -- 2004 Toronto, The Warehouse (entire band played the set wearing Team Canada and TML jerseys)
- DRI -- Toronto; 1992 The Concert Hall / 1993 The Edgewater Hotel (came home with 3 of Spike's picks, and a used drumstick) / 2017 The Velvet Underground
- Anthrax -- 1993 Warehouse Toronto (front row, caught pick from Dan Spitz) / 2000 Annie's, Cincinnati
- Cyndi Lauper -- No pop shit, had a brass section, played a full set of Memphis blues
- Tiger Army -- 1992 Toronto Horseshoe Tavern
- Marilyn Manboobs -- 1999 Columbus Ohio, a fancy theater with bowl seating, forget the name of the venue

Concerts paid for but canceled because of riots, pandemic disease, crack use headaches, death, and booking issues... in that order:

- The Exploited, 2003
- Concrete Blonde, 2004
- Bad Brains, 2012

I opted not to get a refund on The Exploited ticket. I still have it. The event is on YouTube if you search montreal riot 2003 LOL.

Concerts skipped for unlogical reasons and permenently regretted because I am a stupid fucking cunt:

- Johnny Cash (Bandshell CNE Toronto, I was going on rides like The Zipper etc and skipped Johnny and June), I pulled similar shit with Johnny in 1992, 1994, and 1996.
- Slayer, mid 1990s (I thought Lombardo would come back, he eventually did but I tuned out by then)
- Wanda Jackson, about 5 years ago played a shithole dive on my street. Not sure why I didn't go. She fucked Elvis and soon she too will be dead.

- Fear, Los Angeles 1980
- Black Flag circa 1984
- Live Aid, Philly July 1985 (The Cars, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath with Ozzy, Tina Turner, The Pretenders, tons of others)
- Pink Floyd, 1980-1981
- Bauhaus, circa 1983
- The Cramps, circa 1980
- Concrete Blonde
- Howlin Wolf
- Screamin' Jay Hawkins
- Amy Winehouse
- Venom, circa 1981

- Nina Hagen
- Patti Smith
- The Donnas
- Aimee Mann
- Juice Newton
- Jerry Reed, late 1970s
- Public Enemy
- Sue Foley
- Loretta Lynn
- Tom Jones
- Hank III
- The Stray Cats
- Rosie Flores
- Kate Bush

Hopeful reunions:

- The Smiths
- ABBA

Ha. L7. Somewhere in my mind I recall them at some party in Austin, early 90's. But didn't know who they were. FEAR good. Last time, I think Lee Ving moved here? Like Mustaine did? Or for a bit? Saw FEAR in older variety mode late 90's but still was good. Beer bottles thrown, insults to crowd, couldn't find my way back to car for some time walking (which was good allowed no drunk driving and pit damage to also wear off.) Heard Hank Jr coming to SA so will try. Love the Beam inspired medleys and political exhortations. And changes of key. Band gotta be on look-out!

Missed seeing Johnny Paycheck in what would be his last tour. Regret.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on June 03, 2018, 11:15:04 PM

Ha. L7. Somewhere in my mind I recall them at some party in Austin, early 90's. But didn't know who they were. FEAR good. Last time, I think Lee Ving moved here? Like Mustaine did? Or for a bit? Saw FEAR in older variety mode late 90's but still was good. Beer bottles thrown, insults to crowd, couldn't find my way back to car for some time walking (which was good allowed no drunk driving and pit damage to also wear off.) Heard Hank Jr coming to SA so will try. Love the Beam inspired medleys and political exhortations. And changes of key. Band gotta be on look-out!

Missed seeing Johnny Paycheck in what would be his last tour. Regret.

Yeah...Paycheck...so many great classic songs...lots of drawl...mmm! 8)

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2018, 11:18:42 PM
Yeah...Paycheck...so many great classic songs...lots of drawl...mmm! 8)

Like many, he had gimmick songs but also had deep ones. And led the life, good or bad. Was awesome.

Dr. MD MD

- Tiger Army -- 1992 Toronto Horseshoe Tavern

- The Exploited, 2003
- Concrete Blonde, 2004
- Bad Brains, 2012

- Fear, Los Angeles 1980
- Black Flag circa 1984
- Pink Floyd, 1980-1981
- Bauhaus, circa 1983
- The Cramps, circa 1980
- Concrete Blonde
- Howlin Wolf
- Screamin' Jay Hawkins
- Amy Winehouse
- Venom, circa 1981

- Nina Hagen
- Patti Smith
- The Donnas
- Aimee Mann
- Juice Newton
- Jerry Reed, late 1970s
- Public Enemy
- Sue Foley
- Loretta Lynn
- Tom Jones
- Hank III
- The Stray Cats
- Rosie Flores
- Kate Bush

Hopeful reunions:

- The Smiths
- ABBA

Concerts on your list I'm most jealous of: The Ramones, Stooges and Fishbone (Were they amazing live, despite the stage dive?)

Missing out on seeing the Cashes has gotta sting in retrospect. Not seeing the Dio version of Sabbath?! Ouch! :-\

Don't hold your breath on Kate Bush, BTW. Apparently the reason she stopped touring young was a horrible fear of flying that's never been abated. They'd have to trick her like BA.  ;)

albrecht

Word on the street Maiden going to other 'albums' or 'best of' type tours interpersed with new stuff on other yeats? Relive our youth! And they tight playing and even more modern sets etc (last time in SA crowd was bitched about. Ha. I gotta fly dont smoke weed so close.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zXRLozwejDk

comaphobe

I had to make 2 edits... Jerry Reed ended up in the wrong list. And the Tiger Army date was off by 10 years.

Fishbone was good despite the dive. Apparently he pulled that shit about five years ago and broke some woman's neck. It went to court.

All but 3 of these concerts were general admission. I had to sit in a fucking seat for Iron Maiden 2005, Metallica with the figure 8 stage, and Marilyn Manboobs.

Also to clarrify, that is Shelton (Hank the third) and not Hank Williams Jr. It is the son of Jr, grandson of Sr. He has his grandpa's voice. I think he is banned from entering Canada because the Reverend Horton Heat and the Supersuckers did a tour with him and he was on all dates except the Canadian ones. I am not sure I will ever go back to the USA to live or to visit.

Fear recently opened up for The Misfits/Glenn. Possibly at the NJ show in May. Lee Ving was also recently seen playing with his old Decline era bandmates (minus Derf who died a couple years ago). He also popped up in a lot of movies and TV shows.

PS: Mustaine apparently lives in Nashville now (I read it on Blabbermouth a while back).

Rix Gins

Here is an incomplete list of some bands I have seen. 

Awesome list. The Ramones - Ozzy Osbourne - Iggy & The Stooges - Iron Maiden - Ministry.  I envy ya!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on June 03, 2018, 11:39:11 PM
I had to make 2 edits... Jerry Reed ended up in the wrong list. And the Tiger Army date was off by 10 years.

Fishbone was good despite the dive. Apparently he pulled that shit about five years ago and broke some woman's neck. It went to court.

All but 3 of these concerts were general admission. I had to sit in a fucking seat for Iron Maiden 2005, Metallica with the figure 8 stage, and Marilyn Manboobs.

Also to clarrify, that is Shelton (Hank the third) and not Hank Williams Jr. It is the son of Jr, grandson of Sr. He has his grandpa's voice. I think he is banned from entering Canada because the Reverend Horton Heat and the Supersuckers did a tour with him and he was on all dates except the Canadian ones. I am not sure I will ever go back to the USA to live or to visit.

Fear recently opened up for The Misfits/Glenn. Possibly at the NJ show in May. Lee Ving was also recently seen playing with his old Decline era bandmates (minus Derf who died a couple years ago). He also popped up in a lot of movies and TV shows.

PS: Mustaine apparently lives in Nashville now (I read it on Blabbermouth a while back).

Also, since you mentioned Floyd I'll share my experience. 1987 when they first reformed without Waters me and a few friends of mine were really excited to go and bought good tickets (only about 20 rows back, ground level). I thought that I wouldn't miss Waters all that much because I thought at the time that I enjoyed Gilmour's voice more anyway. However, the entire show I could stop noticing how hollow the songs sounded without Waters. I learned that even though I tended to like Dave's more mellifluous voice it was really the contrast between the two voices where the magic really happened.  ;)

comaphobe

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 04, 2018, 12:04:43 AM
Awesome list. The Ramones - Ozzy Osbourne - Iggy & The Stooges - Iron Maiden - Ministry.  I envy ya!

My regret was not seeing Ministry sooner. I would have liked to have caught them somewhere between 1992 and 1996 for maximum experience. I saw them on the tour for Houses of the Mole and they played a typical anthology of hits plus some new ones of the time like No W and Warp City. I have since unsubscribed to Al. He literally writes songs praising Antifa now. It literally is a song title and he thinks masked George Soros commies throwing rocks in the streets is a good idea. Even the Revolting Cocks went on tour without him last year, they probably think he has flipped his fucking lid.

The first time I saw Ozzy was in a night club, less than 1000 person capacity, Geezer played bass. It was a pre-tour warm-up show. I think it cost about $40 to be against the barrier in the front row between Ozzy and Geezer.  Money well spent.

Concerts today are fucking expensive. I was gonna go see Elton John for shits and giggles but the cheapest ticket is $350 plus taxes and service charges and it is way up on level 200 or something maybe higher.

It's very difficult to get tickets for arena shit these days. Me and 2 friends bought Nine Inch Nails tickets off a scalper 2 years ago for $200/each and the guy even knocked $100 off each ticket since we got 3. He wanted $300 per piece but we kind of knew him so he cut us a deal for the three. Anyways, $200 is not a lot for floor tickets in an arena these days. I lost my friends but I wormed right in there and got within 3-5 heads back of the center of the barrier by the middle point of the set.

Check out the cost of Ozzy tickets for this tour. Or GNR tickets the past 2 years. Greedy stuff. Then resellers will E-purchase all the good tickets and relist them on ticketmasters site at twice the original absurd price.

Best to see bands in small venues and halls these days, and buy pre-printed GA tickets from blocks held at local independent record stores. The days of lining up at TM at 10am and being first come first served is long over.

Rix Gins

Quote from: comaphobe on June 04, 2018, 12:40:51 AM
My regret was not seeing Ministry sooner. I would have liked to have caught them somewhere between 1992 and 1996 for maximum experience. I saw them on the tour for Houses of the Mole and they played a typical anthology of hits plus some new ones of the time like No W and Warp City. I have since unsubscribed to Al. He literally writes songs praising Antifa now. It literally is a song title and he thinks masked George Soros commies throwing rocks in the streets is a good idea. Even the Revolting Cocks went on tour without him last year, they probably think he has flipped his fucking lid.

The first time I saw Ozzy was in a night club, less than 1000 person capacity, Geezer played bass. It was a pre-tour warm-up show. I think it cost about $40 to be against the barrier in the front row between Ozzy and Geezer.  Money well spent.

Concerts today are fucking expensive. I was gonna go see Elton John for shits and giggles but the cheapest ticket is $350 plus taxes and service charges and it is way up on level 200 or something maybe higher.

It's very difficult to get tickets for arena shit these days. Me and 2 friends bought Nine Inch Nails tickets off a scalper 2 years ago for $200/each and the guy even knocked $100 off each ticket since we got 3. He wanted $300 per piece but we kind of knew him so he cut us a deal for the three. Anyways, $200 is not a lot for floor tickets in an arena these days. I lost my friends but I wormed right in there and got within 3-5 heads back of the center of the barrier by the middle point of the set.

Check out the cost of Ozzy tickets for this tour. Or GNR tickets the past 2 years. Greedy stuff. Then resellers will E-purchase all the good tickets and relist them on ticketmasters site at twice the original absurd price.

Best to see bands in small venues and halls these days, and buy pre-printed GA tickets from blocks held at local independent record stores. The days of lining up at TM at 10am and being first come first served is long over.

I enjoy reading about your concert experiences.  Also cool info regarding the purchasing of concert tickets.

GravitySucks

1971-2 Chicago Area
Styx several times
Chicago
Reo Speedwagon

1973 Huntsville TX
Tanya Tucker
Had tickets to Jim Croce but he died in a plane crash

1974 Chicago
Guess Who

1975 San Antonio
Lynn Anderson

1975-1978 Montreal
Genesis
Rush
ACDC
Aerosmith
Pink Floyd
Boston
Al Stewart - traded tickets to see him in Plattsburgh. He collapsed in Montreal and canceled his tour

SUNY - Plattsburgh
America
Had tickets to Al Stewart cancelled after Montreal breakdown

1980-82 Omaha
Beach Boys
Pat Benatar
Kansas
Ozzie Ozbourne
Eric Clapton

1983-2017 Houston Livestock show all short sets every night of the rodeo
Just about every C&W mainliner + Dave Matthews Band, Zack Brown Band twice

Houston Area
Leon Redbone
BW Stevenson
Shake Russell
Dana Cooper
Jimmy Buffet

Christian music
4Him
Chery Keagey
Newsboys
David Crain
Caedmon’s Call
Jars of Clay
Petra
Phillips, Craig and Dean
Third Day
Point of Grace
Phil Keaggy
Nichole Nordeman

comaphobe

Another thread reminded me that I forgot to include DEVO in my list. I saw them in June 2011 when Fukushima was smoking, the Gulf was mega-polluted, and Coastgab was useful. It was a free concert in the street. They probably played for about 90 minutes and it was a high energy set. They didn't play Jonee or Social Fools for some reason but did Urge and Mongoloid which are probably my two favorite songs of theirs. The setlist was this:

1 -- Don't Shoot (I'm a Man)
2 -- Peek-a-Boo
3 -- What We Do
4 -- Going Under
5 -- Fresh
6 -- That's Good
7 -- Girl U Want
8 -- Whip It
9 -- Planet Earth
10 - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (cover)
11 - Secret Agent Man (cover)
12 - Uncontrollable Urge
13 - Mongoloid
14 - Jocko Homo
15 - Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA
16 - Gates of Steel

DEVO Corporate Anthem

(Encore)

18 - Freedom of Choice
19 - Beautiful World

NXOEED

I'm usually at a show every night. Usually not ones that I want to be at, though (I promote so it's kind of a job).

Having said that, I got to see Subhumans (UK) last week and they were fucking rad as always.

I see Skinny Puppy every time they tour.

Saw OhGr in October with KMFDM.

I see Legendary Pink Dots every time they come through.

I've got tickets to see Current 93 with Nurse With Wound in October in London (my two fav fucking bands) and I can't wait.