• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Who is Jinger

Started by Jinger Rat Snapps, April 19, 2018, 03:26:58 PM

ShayP

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 19, 2018, 04:39:17 PM
ues it is yellow but for a few years it was home

It looks like it's boarded up now.  it's always odd to see the places you've lived be unlived in and abandoned.

ro continue  RETIRED in 1996 as LTC  0-5 and working for my father since.

Quote from: ShayP on April 19, 2018, 04:42:26 PM
It looks like it's boarded up now.  it's always odd to see the places you've lived be unlived in and abandoned.
Yes,  often google the stores I went to and rwemember the poeple that I lopved so much

but after my first ouer I HAD TO MAKE A DECISION OF EITHER aMERICAN OR jAPANESE

ShayP

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 19, 2018, 04:46:22 PM
Yes,  often google the stores I went to and rwemember the poeple that I lopved so much

I visit once a year.  It has changed so much.  I still love that city and someday will move back.

if you doubt me i can still remember my high school teaches and though some have passed way some still live today

Quote from: ShayP on April 19, 2018, 04:50:08 PM
I visit once a year.  It has changed so much.  I still love that city and someday will move back.

I also lived in Swickley and would love to move back there

for many years I have traveled the interstate north to south by=ut it was not untill I joined the Military that i found my calling

Dr. MD MD

What temperature do you usually recommend heating your sake to?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 06:55:52 PM
What temperature do you usually recommend heating your sake to?
That depends on the customer,, usually about 110 dg F but a lot of people prefer it cold.

I enlisted in the US Army with a green card and went to OCS and came out a LT in the Medicaal Field for wich I staye in 20 years and retired in 1997 as an 0-5/Ltc in charge of the 264th BSB Meddac

Rix Gins

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 24, 2018, 07:03:33 PM
I enlisted in the US Army with a green card and went to OCS and came out a LT in the Medicaal Field for wich I staye in 20 years and retired in 1997 as an 0-5/Ltc in charge of the 264th BSB Meddac

Thank you for your service, Jinger.

zeebo

Jinger are you a fan of pickled ginger?

I love ginger, eat and drink it every dAY

Quote from: ShayP on April 19, 2018, 04:50:08 PM
McKees Rocks is such a place I remember in 1997 buying fish sandwiches from Beckers Cafe,, they were the best and Beckers Cafe is still around run by his son

zeebo

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 24, 2018, 08:12:43 PM
I love ginger, eat and drink it every dAY

I always finish mine on the sushi plate.  I also like pickled plum (ume-boshi?), but I can't find it anywhere.

ShayP

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 24, 2018, 08:15:30 PM
McKees Rocks is such a place I remember in 1997 buying fish sandwiches from Beckers Cafe,, they were the best and Beckers Cafe is still around run by his son

I never spent a lot of time in the Rocks.  However, I was messing around with a girl back in the late 80's and we went to some tavern to get some fries with brown gravy and some pop.  I cannot remember the name of the place.  We then headed back to Riverview Park and drank peach schnapps and lime vodka with some friends.  Nothing else happened that night except for me going home and puking.

Quote from: zeebo on April 24, 2018, 08:19:12 PM
I always finish mine on the sushi plate.  I also like pickled plum (ume-boshi?), but I can't find it anywhere.
[/quote
try amazon

Quote from: ShayP on April 24, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
I never spent a lot of time in the Rocks.  However, I was messing around with a girl back in the late 80's and we went to some tavern to get some fries with brown gravy and some pop.  I cannot remember the name of the place.  We then headed back to Riverview Park and drank peach schnapps and lime vodka with some friends.  Nothing else happened that night except for me going home and puking.

it was the lime vodka that made you puke,, some things should not be messed with,, Sake, Vodka and Whiskey they were gifts from the Godsa

Quote from: ShayP on April 24, 2018, 08:28:24 PM

You know we were poor then but none noticed because everyone was poor but our Vikings kicked ass then

After I left the Army I joined my Father who was then a Vice president one of 7 Vice Presidents in charge of Distribution in Japan,, he came a long way from driving a truck hawking SakE TO ANY BAR ALONG hwy 17  all the way down to Florida.

ShayP

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 24, 2018, 08:39:32 PM
You know we were poor then but none noticed because everyone was poor but our Vikings kicked ass then

You mean Steelers right?  ;D

Quote from: ShayP on April 24, 2018, 08:44:54 PM
You mean Steelers right?  ;D
Well Pittsburgh Steelers yeah, but I was talking about high school Sto-Rox Vikings,,,Kelly Green and White.. I have a jacket

ShayP

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 24, 2018, 08:46:42 PM
Well Pittsburgh Steelers yeah, but I was talking about high school Sto-Rox Vikings,,,Kelly Green and White.. I have a jacket

Ahhhh...okay.  I went to Schenley.  Spartans.  Black & red.  We were only good at basketball.

I rtemember there were only 3 Japanese families thast lived ion McKeer Rocks,, one lived in the Terrace (a projects) but moved to Pittsgburgh ,, one lived om Island Ave and we lived in the Bottoms.

Quote from: ShayP on April 24, 2018, 08:50:21 PM
Ahhhh...okay.  I went to Schenley.  Spartans.  Black & red.  We were only good at basketball.
What other color is there for a Spartan besides Black and Red?

ShayP

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 24, 2018, 08:53:56 PM
What other color is there for a Spartan besides Black and Red?

Sometimes white, but typically just black and red.

I had one American boyfriend before I joined the Military and he was called Bill White and he was truly white skinned, as close to pale as you can get, we joined on the buddy program and he died in OCS of all things as a flu shot..go figure

ShayP

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 24, 2018, 08:52:20 PM
I rtemember there were only 3 Japanese families thast lived ion McKeer Rocks,, one lived in the Terrace (a projects) but moved to Pittsgburgh ,, one lived om Island Ave and we lived in the Bottoms.

There was a small group of families from Vietnam that lived on Perry Hilltop closer to Federal Street and up to Vascom Blvd.  One of my best friends lived in that area and we went to middle and high school together.

***edit ~ Not Vascom.  Shit!  I can't remember

i was thinking Bascom.  No it was Marshall.

Rix Gins

Jinger, I close my eyes and see a handmade book with your family history and beautifully painted illustrations of flowers.  Do you have such a book?