Daggit

Quote from: b_dubb on December 14, 2014, 07:52:00 PM
bigfoot
alien abduction
Roswell
Area 51
Bob Fucking Lazar

etc?

I'll give you Bob Fucking Lazar but where have the others been proven to be Bravo Sierra? :P

b_dubb

Quote from: Daggit on December 14, 2014, 07:59:14 PM
I'll give you Bob Fucking Lazar but where have the others been proven to be Bravo Sierra? :P
bigfoot - see http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4375
alien abduction - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory_syndrome there's no difference between the hypnosis that abduction "researchers" use and the hypnosis that stage magicians use to make people do foolish things in front of an audience

Roswell - there's no physical evidence.  Marcel Sr was swept up in the UFO fad of 47 and was predisposed to the idea of any/everything being a flying saucer ( http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4079 )

Area 51 - See Bob Fucking Lazar
Bob Fucking Lazar - hack liar whose credentials are non existent and story that is pure BS

I'm going to add ...

Underground bases (Dulce and Denver Airport)
    Sitchen (however you spell it - aka the Annunaki dude)
    Ancient Fucking ALiens

b_dubb

Quote from: Daggit on December 14, 2014, 08:20:07 PM
Are you sir implying that this guy would lie to me?

That guy speaks five languages.  Six if you count Crazy.

Y2K
Gordon Michael Scallion's future map
Killshots/baby milk/jetstream on deck etc etc

ComeBackArt

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 16, 2014, 10:49:58 AM
Y2K

I'm still not sold that Y2K is BS.  :P

Gd5150

Quote from: b_dubb on December 14, 2014, 07:52:00 PM
bigfoot
alien abduction
Roswell
Area 51
Bob Fucking Lazar

etc?

Well that basically covers the entire Art Bell C2C repertoire. "I hate all topics covered by Art Bell because they're bs but I'm going to spend time on an Art Bell forum" #winner

The reason there's never been a clear picture of bigfoot is because bigfoot is naturally blurry!

/sarcasm

Bart Ell

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on December 16, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
The reason there's never been a clear picture of bigfoot is because bigfoot is naturally blurry!

/sarcasm

Where did the sarcasm begin? I see you noted an end yet I didn't quite see where it started. Did you cut and paste that post and left out the sarcastic quip?

Daggit

Quote from: Ƭ̵̬̊ on December 16, 2014, 11:08:06 PM
Where did the sarcasm begin? I see you noted an end yet I didn't quite see where it started. Did you cut and paste that post and left out the sarcastic quip?

That would have screwed up the formatting.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 16, 2014, 10:49:58 AM
Y2K

This is a more reasonable list than the OP.

I think Y2K was legit.  If utility and other companies hadn't made an effort to upgrade critical software in the years and months approaching Jan 1, 2000, there may have been some problems.

coastal cities under water
timewave zero
5/5/2000: Ice- The Ultimate Disaster
extinction of south american suicidal sheep with cataracts

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Daggit on December 14, 2014, 08:20:07 PM
Are you sir implying that this guy would lie to me?

Without the hair, he'd still be selling shoes in Burbank.

I'm not saying my hair is wacked out...     but my hair is wacked out.   :D

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 18, 2014, 12:31:36 PM
coastal cities under water
timewave zero
5/5/2000: Ice- The Ultimate Disaster
extinction of south american suicidal sheep with cataracts
LOL - yup.
But the Kunkel pump works.  ;)

Hog

Cold Fusion

Being able to set a new Womens 100m Olympic sprinting record  in the last 32 years, while doping or otherwise.

peace
Hog

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Hog on October 10, 2016, 09:30:06 PM
Cold Fusion

Negatory, good buddy. they just call it different names these days but the underlying phenomenon is still being explored today.  ;)

From Wikipedia:
Cold fusion research continues today in a few specific venues, but the wider scientific community has generally marginalized the research being done and researchers have had difficulty publishing in mainstream journals.[6][7][11] The remaining researchers often term their field Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR), Chemically Assisted Nuclear Reactions (CANR),[78] Lattice Assisted Nuclear Reactions (LANR), Condensed Matter Nuclear Science (CMNS) or Lattice Enabled Nuclear Reactions; one of the reasons being to avoid the negative connotations associated with "cold fusion".[76][79] The new names avoid making bold implications, like implying that fusion is actually occurring.

The researchers who continue acknowledge that the flaws in the original announcement are the main cause of the subject's marginalization, and they complain of a chronic lack of funding[81] and no possibilities of getting their work published in the highest impact journals.[82] University researchers are often unwilling to investigate cold fusion because they would be ridiculed by their colleagues and their professional careers would be at risk.[

In May 2016, the United States House Committee on Armed Services, in its report on the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act, states that it is "aware of recent positive developments in developing low-energy nuclear reactions", and directed the Secretary of Defense to "provide a briefing on the military utility of recent U.S. industrial base LENR advancements to the House Committee on Armed Services by September 22, 2016."

ItsOver

Art Bell loves broadcasting so much he can't stop doing a show.

akwilly

"I'm going to do an ass load of podcasting". MV

rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods rods

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ItsOver on October 11, 2016, 05:24:50 AM
Art Bell loves broadcasting so much he can't stop doing a show.

C'mon, you know he was forced off the air by a...

ItsOver

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 11, 2016, 10:54:04 AM
C'mon, you know he was forced off the air by a...

Damn leprechaun stalkers.  They're everywhere.

Hog

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 11, 2016, 04:09:53 AM
Negatory, good buddy. they just call it different names these days but the underlying phenomenon is still being explored today.  ;)

From Wikipedia:
Cold fusion research continues today in a few specific venues, but the wider scientific community has generally marginalized the research being done and researchers have had difficulty publishing in mainstream journals.[6][7][11] The remaining researchers often term their field Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR), Chemically Assisted Nuclear Reactions (CANR),[78] Lattice Assisted Nuclear Reactions (LANR), Condensed Matter Nuclear Science (CMNS) or Lattice Enabled Nuclear Reactions; one of the reasons being to avoid the negative connotations associated with "cold fusion".[76][79] The new names avoid making bold implications, like implying that fusion is actually occurring.

The researchers who continue acknowledge that the flaws in the original announcement are the main cause of the subject's marginalization, and they complain of a chronic lack of funding[81] and no possibilities of getting their work published in the highest impact journals.[82] University researchers are often unwilling to investigate cold fusion because they would be ridiculed by their colleagues and their professional careers would be at risk.[

In May 2016, the United States House Committee on Armed Services, in its report on the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act, states that it is "aware of recent positive developments in developing low-energy nuclear reactions", and directed the Secretary of Defense to "provide a briefing on the military utility of recent U.S. industrial base LENR advancements to the House Committee on Armed Services by September 22, 2016."
The 1989 proposal of actual Cold Fusion was proven to be BS.  I agree with your assertion that studies of phenomena similar to true Cold Fusion are ongoing.  The later different names were used to avoid the pitfall that actual "fusion" was taking place

Thats interesting about the 2016 developments, being able to attain and then pass the "break even" point (replacing the energy that was put into the reaction, back out of it) would be a game changer for our power hungry world.

Thanks!

peace
Hog