• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Best C2C year?

Started by henge0stone, September 01, 2014, 08:55:10 AM

henge0stone

Listening to the archives and I gotta say 97 was my favorite year. You got Area 51 call in show, Mel's Hole, Harlot, Area 51 fly over, Phoenix lights, Philip Corso, Witch hunt and all other goodies. Whats the best year in your opinion?   

Wintermute

1997 was definitely a good one from what I can remember. 2000 was my fav.

Morgus

All the pre-1998 Art Bell shows (before his first quittening) was the classic period.
Back when he used Cusco bumper music almost exclusively in the mid 1990s really set the tone I thought compared to later years.

DanTSX

There are a few

95-96 was tops In terms of paranormal news proliferation due to the internet starting to take off.

97-99 were tops for political intrigue.  Clinton/ Monica/ columbine, etc.

1999 for the Y2K silliness

2002-2004 were my personal favs,

just69_98

95-2000 were my favorite years

ksm32

Can I have a few years?

97, 98, & 2000, because the world didn't end and the show kind of had a reset button pushed. I also really like 03, and 04.

I have NEVER liked Dreamland, from it's intro and so on. I never saw the point of it when Coast was so much better.  If I'm going to work Sundays I'm not going to change the name of my company for that one day of the week.  sorry, that's off topic

jazmunda

Anything before 2002 is a favorite of mine.

94 to 98 are standouts.

2003 onwards has too much Noory stank on it.

wr250

henge0stone

Now that I've actually heard most of the shows from 94-02 (made this thread a bit too early maybe) I got some thoughts on it

94-95 - Probably my least favorite for C2C (though it was the best year for Dreamland). The show was still too political based for me, with a few notable gems in there but overall not as interesting. Art's first book The Art of Talk shows this as the chapter about Coast to Coast Am says almost nothing about paranormal topics and mainly talks politics and whatnot. Ghost to Ghost shows were the main attraction in these years. Overall all the best topics were saved for Dreamlands.

96 - Things really got kicking, we got classic guests like Whitley by the end of 95 and Graham and Malachi Martin in 96. 96 was kinda half and half with normal topics and unusual. 

97-98 - Coast hit its stride, phoenix lights, Roswell anniversary, Area 51 classic call, Mel's hole. Art flat out says he's done with politics in 97. Also some really good shows in early 98.

99 - Not as good but some awesome stuff of course. Trumbell UFO tape was my favorite. Lot of negatives though Art was out a lot, less Cusco played, chemtrails and Y2K crap and tons of other millennium doom saying.

00-02 - Art leaves, then comes back. 2000 was alright I guess. 01 Art was back and recharged for another two years. Great shows, Atlantis off Cuba story, Shadow People showed up, 9/11 shows were handled properly, Skinwalker Ranch and NIDs enter the scene as well as GIS with EVPs. Monster open lines and multiple Ghost to Ghosts too. Art's retirement was actually honest too, he wasn't like NEVER COMING BACK BYE. He was like I'll be back time to time which he was.

Overall, 01-02 stand out and I still think 97 was one of the top years as well.

henge0stone

bump?

Still sticking to my 97,01 and 02 were my favorites.

AZZERAE

2006 was great. Art sounded so well rested, and happy. I preferred his pace and the level of gravel in his voice, just doing weekends.

albrecht

1997 was possibly best year but I also enjoyed 1995 with the horrible OKC bombing due the live and caller speculations.

Juan

Don’t forget 1999 and the Y2K terror. Jammed interstates, no food deliveries, no power. We lived through a very difficult time.

Jojo

2013.  Got to hear George Noory snivel on his birthday.  Got to see him forget his lyrics and not salvage the song very well, in a brightly-lit basement with low ceilings in the Ozarks.  If it looked like no one was at the tables in the audience, it was because they all were lined up along the back wall videoing him with their cell phones.  Lots of their small talk came through on the You Tube.  And he danced with an appreciative senior lady who immediately started texting afterward (!) and he sat in a man's lap there, too.  No alcohol in sight.  A great You Tube.

Quote from: Sixteen on July 10, 2019, 10:04:03 PM
Is it true you never listened to the Art Bell years of C2C? It's like somebody who only watches the cousin Oliver episodes of the Brady Bunch

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on June 28, 2019, 06:26:47 PM
Don’t forget 1999 and the Y2K terror. Jammed interstates, no food deliveries, no power. We lived through a very difficult time.
Art was also great in various years when "live," or close to it, during Hurricanes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Wildfires, or terrorist events.  Good local coverage of events by callers and sometimes local reporters, rapidly developing updates and theorizing, and exciting radio- even if you didn't live near the areas. All he ate it up because it fit with his "Quickening" theories and long-format- not just quick radio news updates. 

Jojo

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 11, 2019, 08:37:16 AM
Is it true you never listened to the Art Bell years of C2C? It's like somebody who only watches the cousin Oliver episodes of the Brady Bunch
I just didn't know about the program.  I was always an NPR girl.  Kind of surprising not to know about it, especially since I went to church with a lady who claimed to be an abductee.  But she never mentioned it.  In 2009, I started listening to a small radio program concerning targeted individuals.  Someone there mentioned Coast.  I tried it out, and cried when I heard "Sleepy Jean" bumper music.  Hadn't heard that in years.  Nonetheless, I didn't make the time to start listening regularly until late in 2012 in my mid-forties.  Would you believe I guessed George (in 2012) was about 30 years old?  Based on his voice.

I got very confused when the Coast website said old Bell shows were playing, because I didn't know what the venue was - I guess Insiders, but I never figured it out.  I think I found some old ones on You Tube.

Bellgab has been just as much fun as Coast, though  :).

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on July 13, 2019, 01:15:24 AM
Bellgab has been just as much fun as Coast, though  :).

Where else can you hurt people again and again and again and never take any back?