• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road

Started by WeinerInHand, November 22, 2018, 01:04:20 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 04, 2018, 07:54:00 PM
Oh yes great flick! Including performances by Lee Van Cleef. And the lovely Adrienne Barbeau.

Yes. What was it about her? She wasn't, really, a perfect beauty but was so hot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmYoRAQMyi4

WeinerInHand

My wife and I were driving past a cow pasture and I asked her if it reminded her of any of her family members. She said "yeah, my in laws."
I said "ya' dirty dog!"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 04, 2018, 07:27:23 PM
Really? Nobody's gonna mention the one with the truck driver? Well, alright...

https://youtu.be/PG0YKVafAe8

Jack Burton and his Porkchop Express? I would’ve. That’s probably my favorite role of his.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2018, 08:10:21 PM
Yes. What was it about her? She wasn't, really, a perfect beauty but was so hot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmYoRAQMyi4
I can think of a pair of reasons.

Metron2267

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 04, 2018, 01:41:56 PM
Nice! My parents took my bro and I to this.

Classic Nervolta! Man those were the days. :)

Metron2267

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 04, 2018, 07:04:22 PM
He indeed is. He got a Palm d'Or at Cannes for his great role in "Now You See Him, Now You Don't".

Say what you will about teen flicks, he was always one of the most believable of the Disney trope! ;)

Did Michael McGreevy remind you just a wee bit of Peter Tork of the Monkees?

Joyce Menges was hawt!

Metron2267

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2018, 08:10:21 PM
Like nicely chesty Hawt! 

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on December 05, 2018, 12:04:41 PM
Hey, Weiner... ;) how's the road?   :)

Hahaha - that bridge scared the hell out of that cat!
The road is cold.

WeinerInHand

Hardly any snow on the west side of Chicago. 29F.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 04, 2018, 02:20:14 PM
I nominate this for future meals for you to try once you finish the gallon of chili.

I couldn't find a KFC but there was a Denny's. Howsbout pancakes and bourbon chicken?..

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2018, 08:51:37 PM
Jack Burton and his Porkchop Express? I would’ve. That’s probably my favorite role of his.

I'd  have to agree. Then The Thing, followed by Snake Plisken.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 05, 2018, 03:07:19 PM
I'd  have to agree. Then The Thing, followed by Snake Plisken.

Yep, that would be my ordering as well. I can’t think of any other major roles he did but he was good as the “psychiatrist” in Vanilla Sky.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 05, 2018, 05:08:56 PM
Yep, that would be my ordering as well. I can’t think of any other major roles he did but he was good as the “psychiatrist” in Vanilla Sky.

He did a real good job in Tombstone. Also, I just watched Bone Tomahawk yesterday - his acting was good but I'll have to rewatch it to make a final judgement as to whether or not I'll keep it in my library.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 05, 2018, 05:08:56 PM

He was pretty fine in the latest Tarantino opus.

Spookcat

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 30, 2018, 11:27:38 PM
Honorable mentions:

Don't judge me!!!

Bernadette!! I don't know how I missed that earlier.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Spookcat on December 06, 2018, 02:05:10 AM
Bernadette!! I don't know how I missed that earlier.

Kathleen Turner was another one.

WeinerInHand

Once you get outside of the cities, this is pretty much what the rest of Illinois looks like.

WeinerInHand

I was posting in another thread and I stumbled upon a video that brought back a lot of memories:

https://youtu.be/gywzewZfc_Y

I can tell you right now, these dudes were pussies!
Back when I was young? You'd catch hell for hesitating like that!  In the picture below, do you see where the blocks jut out in the middle? Well, we'd start running from where you see the trees on the left and then cut out at that jut and jump as high and as far as we could.
This was called "Running Point." Good times!

pate

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 08, 2018, 12:34:26 PM
I-44 West. Rolla, Missouri. 34F.

I would consult with Admiral Ackbar before stopping in that place...

BLUE OYSTER.  SAY AGAIN, BLUE OYSTER

-pAnon

ItsOver

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 05, 2018, 05:14:17 PM
He did a real good job in Tombstone. Also, I just watched Bone Tomahawk yesterday - his acting was good but I'll have to rewatch it to make a final judgement as to whether or not I'll keep it in my library.
He was great in Tombstone, along with Kilmer and Boothe.  Speaking of Westerns, one of my favorite Westerns wasn't even set in The West.  I enjoyed watching it last night for the zillionth time.  The rifle is pretty much the star, even with Selleck in it.

WeinerInHand

After a long hard day of driving, a trucker needs a hard drink. Not just any old beverage, but one that will calm the nerves after having to keep a steeled eye on the road, ensuring the safety of their fellow travelers.
No, not just any drink will do that...
That driver needs something strong enough to let them know that the day is done, and that iron grip on the steering wheel can be released, and the guard can be let down.
That will take one special drink, indeed.
That truck driver needs to know that they did their part in answering the wants and needs of the American citizenry.
No, not just any beverage will do that...
That special drink is Souix City Sarsparilla.
Only Souix City Sarsparilla has the power to quench a thirst like that. With a bold and smooth taste, made with pure cane sugar and other fine ingredients, they can rest assured that every attempt has been made to meet the high standard of today's modern driver.
And with a bottle full of golden caramel Souix City Sarsparilla: it's our little way of saying "You done good, driver. Welcome home."