• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mental Wellness Organization Giving $5 Gift Cards for Easy Online Participation

Started by Jojo, May 18, 2019, 02:10:30 PM

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on June 09, 2019, 05:36:14 PM
Today, a bum asking for smokes outside a store helped me get my car started when the engine got too hot to start. He helped me first without asking for anything. I was really happy to see he spent the little donation I gave him, over at a dollar store across the street, as I was leaving. So, he didn't buy smokes, alcohol or drugs. He also told me how I can fix the problem myself, so I'll keep trying. I had used heat-resistant, waterproof A/C tape but he recommended an adhesive.

Its heart warming moments like those that make life worth living.

There are still good people out there!

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on June 09, 2019, 05:21:04 PM
This too shall pass.  Try sleeping in a different bed or at a different time - seems your characters may be on a set, and on a schedule.  Sometimes a big dinner or too much sugar at night...?  If they might be related to drinking, have a teaspoon of honey or molasses - - that actually helps on-the-spot to reduce sleep issues that may have to do with drinking.

I suspect they're a side effect of medication, but I do believe the directions one sleeps in can affect them in many areas of their life. For instance, placing ones head towards the east facilitates 10% greater imbibing of the pleasant positive vibrations emanating from the east by the saptachakrās in the body.

I eat a small dinner, and usually no later than six, and also believe in abstaining from excess refined sugars and other stimulants of any kind - especially after sunset. I have chamomile tea nightly, and wondered if this was the culprit, but thought about it and realized its likely not.

Quote from: Sixteen on June 09, 2019, 05:21:04 PM
I am a recovering alcoholic with a lot of sober years.  One thing I kind of wish I knew when I was drinking, would have been to have a little sugar or a solid meal whenever I was wracked with morning anxiety.  I never connected my morning angst with alcohol, because I never had any symptoms of a hang over, no headache, no nausea.  But, all those mornings where I rolled up into a ball could have each been cured on the spot with just a little sugar.  Sigh.

I quit drinking about a year ago, because I lost the desire to do so - the taste, its negative effects (being a depressant) ... I'm always thankful when I lose interest in an unhealthy food or drink of any kind, because then its easy as pie to abstain from it.

No hangovers! My God, you're fortunate. When it got to the point where mine would last 3 days plus, I knew it was time to call it quits. And it was difficult, at first, but when you're drinking to get drunk, and grimacing at the taste, you have a deep seated issue.

Seems we have some things in common.

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on June 10, 2019, 12:30:02 PM
I suspect they're a side effect of medication, but I do believe the directions one sleeps in can affect them in many areas of their life. For instance, placing ones head towards the east facilitates 10% greater imbibing of the pleasant positive vibrations emanating from the east by the saptachakrās in the body.

I eat a small dinner, and usually no later than six, and also believe in abstaining from excess refined sugars and other stimulants of any kind - especially after sunset. I have chamomile tea nightly, and wondered if this was the culprit, but thought about it and realized its likely not.

I quit drinking about a year ago, because I lost the desire to do so - the taste, its negative effects (being a depressant) ... I'm always thankful when I lose interest in an unhealthy food or drink of any kind, because then its easy as pie to abstain from it.

No hangovers! My God, you're fortunate. When it got to the point where mine would last 3 days plus, I knew it was time to call it quits. And it was difficult, at first, but when you're drinking to get drunk, and grimacing at the taste, you have a deep seated issue.

Seems we have some things in common.
Congratulations on not drinking for about a year, that's great!  And to have lost the taste for it does help.  I try to avoid "triggers" like certain grocery isles & keeping it out of the house as much as I can control.  Last year, I lived with raging alcoholics.  If they left excess booze out, to the extent that I could, I ran it down the drain.  There were a lot of people, so I was never blamed.  Usually they drank types of alcohol which I don't like at all, so that helped.  But other times, I stayed in my room to avoid temptation.  That helped a lot.  Here, I ask others to brown bag it or put it out of my sight, but if they have a drink on their side of the room, that's none of my business.  If I get married, though, I won't be able to have it in the house unless it's locked somewhere out of sight & reach, & no key for me...  I drank to kill back pain and for euphoria.  My back never bothered me when I drank.  I've had to learn a LOT of news ways of coping with lifelong back pain.

I've read about that, sleeping in certain directions.  I like to live & sleep where the terrain isn't too straight.  When I lived in a narrow valley, I slept very well.  Some radio transmissions can't navigate over barriers, maybe that was part of it.

Yeah, maybe I was lucky that way - - but not having regular hangover symptoms really prolonged my denial.  How can you be an alcoholic if you're never hung over?  But, I started getting sick at times outside of drinking, as in getting really sick if I didn't have alcohol in me.  But even that was a subtle message, because I didn't drink around work times.  But I guess my body was starting to need to - the addiction took hold.  Also, I started having difficulty stopping when my drinking time was over so instead of just stopping, I switched to something a lot more diluted for a couple hours.  Looking back, I realize how awful things were.  The morning anxiety, the digestive difficulty outside drinking times, prolonged (diluted) drinking sessions.  Ugh.  I read AA pamphlets over & over thinking about addiction, but none of the pamphlets described me at all.  I finally went cold turkey after a horrible episode and after a year in AA, I finally came across the "pamphlet for women", which actually described me very well.  Gee, considering women are half the population, you'd think all their pamphlets should be gender-neutral & include symptoms of alcoholism in both sexes.  Whatever.

Jojo

$15 Target cards earned for very little time and $5 coming soon... Helping a university research psychologist.

https://mindtrails.virginia.edu/?utm_source=online%20forum&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=NAMI%20anxiety%20forum&utm_content=NAMI%20anxiety%20forum

You do have to admit to at least a little anxiety in the week that you "apply".  It's very simple, although real demographics are required.  That didn't bother me at all - it's been easy.  All you do is put yourself in the shoes of someone else, using the feelings they are said to have... and then answer some questions.  Once in a while, you are asked how YOU would really respond, and once in a while you get a cool e-mail with psychology information (Not a slide show, but at the end, there is a purchase opportunity.  Nonetheless, it's good information.)  There is opportunity to give the project feedback.  The project sponsers & their faces on on one of the pages.  Most are psychologist and social worker types.  There is no obligation - once you start, you don't have to finish. 

Jojo

I stumbled across this 18-minute video.  Starts with a story of a man who faked mental illness, ventures into CEO psychopathy, and then back to Tony the fake.  Seemed entertaining.  Good speaker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYemnKEKx0c

WOTR

Quote from: Sixteen on June 16, 2019, 09:14:15 AM
$15 Target cards earned for very little time and $5 coming soon... Helping a university research psychologist.

https://mindtrails.virginia.edu/?utm_source=online%20forum&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=NAMI%20anxiety%20forum&utm_content=NAMI%20anxiety%20forum

Why do you hate researchers? Why are you destroying their work by referring Bellgabbers to psychology students?  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on June 16, 2019, 04:46:23 PM
Why do you hate researchers? Why are you destroying their work by referring Bellgabbers to psychology students?  ;)

I've long had a theory that Bellgab IS a psychological research study: either a DARPA AI learning project or some PhD candidates thesis study...Praise MV Liberace! 

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on June 16, 2019, 04:46:23 PM
I don't hate researchers.  I'm not destroying their work.  They aren't students; they are doctors of psychology who know full well how to deal with uncivil participation.  Bellgab is full of a lot of wonderful people who can contribute.  How would I know any otherwise?  I've blocked the rest! 

Asuka Langley

I enjoy destroying their work and getting paid for it tho. I just did another $5 survey and only have 10 bucker left and I'm done. Survey scamming is easy and fun, some sites let you have more than one account for maximum profit. When Bing first started doing rewards you could make a fuckload off it running bots but then they SHUT IT DOWN!

[$1,986 INTENSIFIES]

AZZERAE

My participation is going well, and I am almost at Level 4 now. Thanks for recommending this site, Sixteen.

I have found the activities have improved the way I react to high stress environments and situations. What you did by publishing this thread has helped people other than me, I'm sure.

The difference is they're probably too snarky to "break character" and admit that.

WOTR

Quote from: Sixteen on June 16, 2019, 09:36:01 PM
I don't hate researchers.  I'm not destroying their work.  They aren't students; they are doctors of psychology who know full well how to deal with uncivil participation.  Bellgab is full of a lot of wonderful people who can contribute.  How would I know any otherwise?  I've blocked the rest!
There must only be a very small handful of people who remain unblocked if that is your impression of BG.*  :P

*You know I love the place. But it is full of basket cases and escaped mental patients.  8)

AZZERAE

Quote from: WOTR on June 20, 2019, 12:22:50 AM
You know I love [BellGab]. But it is full of basket cases and escaped mental patients.

There's a hideous, frightening, growing trend of lonely men prowling this board, who seemingly get their jollies by a variation of the same strain of abuse (be it psychological or otherwise).

Mary wept at the feet of Jesus

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on June 20, 2019, 12:22:50 AM
There must only be a very small handful of people who remain unblocked if that is your impression of BG.*  :P

*You know I love the place. But it is full of basket cases and escaped mental patients.  8)
People who subscribe to "How low can you go" can get that anywhere on the web.  BellGab is what we make it. 

How big does a ranch or farm have to be before it qualifies for any government subsidies or payments not to grow certain things?  Any cute ranch animals going on (no trauma please, too tired)?

I heard on National Geographic last night that the amount of water in one ball of camel dung might sustain a dung beetle for its entire life, as the beetle hides it away, buries it.  Do you think we should ship bunny dung pellets over there to help the dessert  fauna?

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on June 20, 2019, 05:51:37 PM
People who subscribe to "How low can you go" can get that anywhere on the web.  BellGab is what we make it. 

Brig and others have made it a stalker site, is this how you wish it to be?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZZERAE on June 21, 2019, 10:59:51 AM
Brig and others have made it a stalker site, is this how you wish it to be?

Yes, you and Sixteen should get together. You’re both overly moralistic prudes with your craniums firmly implanted in your rectums. ;)

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on June 21, 2019, 02:13:47 PM
I find 16 to be a nice person.
Gee, thanks.  MD is just bitter because he allowed his ego to jeopardize our rapport last year.  It's never too late to repent.  Do you think Brig is a leader in the IBS here?  And, why.  A case of kiss up and spit up? But others must be her arms; she is subtle.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on June 21, 2019, 03:38:41 PM
Gee, thanks.  MD is just bitter because he allowed his ego to jeopardize our rapport last year.  It's never too late to repent.  Do you think Brig is a leader in the IBS here?  And, why.  A case of kiss up and spit up? But others must be her arms; she is subtle.
She is old and lonely and MV never came to visit with her this summer so she uses others like human sponges.

Subtle is a shield.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 21, 2019, 04:41:38 PM
And why would a nice person get with you, right?
It's always fun in the beginning. 

MD, are you doing the market research?  I am.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sixteen on June 23, 2019, 02:39:15 AM

I thought you said that you don’t read my posts?! ::)

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 23, 2019, 09:30:11 AM
I thought you said that you don’t read my posts?! ::)
Sometimes no one else is there.  Could be worse.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on June 23, 2019, 02:39:15 AM

Thanks for being a phony in our interactions, it helps to know that's all you were.