• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts
Quote from: GravitySucks on July 01, 2018, 03:10:52 AM
You have never been pursued in a cypress swamp by a 100+ pound alligator snapping turtle.

Neither have I but I sure got a nibble on the hook when that pterodactyl took my bait! :-[

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 01, 2018, 03:35:00 AM
Neither have I but I sure got a nibble on the hook when that pterodactyl took my bait! :-[

Look up a fish called a grinnel. They live in the same swamps.  More teeth than a piranha and it looks like a dinosaur fish designed by a committee. Shark teeth, head of a catfish, spot like a redfish, green like a largemouth bass and a dorsal fin like an eel.  First time I caught one it was about 10 pounds.  I sure am glad I saw the teeth before I tried to lip it like a bass.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 01, 2018, 01:18:13 AM
The guest has clearly not heard recent claimed pterodactly experiences.  This one is from the Northeast.  Pennsylvania to be precise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ0nRo0ApIU

I'm not saying I believe it but the witness seems genuine.

He says they were out fishing at night and burning tires for light,  What they noticed at first was it's shadow as it flew over them on the first pass, and again when it came back.

How was it making a shadow, the only light was at ground level from the tires?

Sean92008

Quote from: TigerLily on July 01, 2018, 02:13:49 AM
Two great nights of C2C. So great to have Ian back
He got out of Minnesota for the friendly college town of Tucson...  Humm.  Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Glad he's cured of his "tinnitus." As mine is starting to get worse (exasperated by other shit), I should try calling on open lines to get an answer.

Oh, that East coast roof...  Apartments (I think Stalker, between Ashford and Linda Vista) use that style.  60s & 70s construction.  Even Poway homes have that styling with a more traditional pitched roof.

Sean92008

To answer the poll on the C2C alternative, I used to religiously listen to U7Radio.org.

Post Art, eh it's harder but it's still an option.

El Chorro

These last two nights have been exceptional, start to finish. Here's hoping Ian gets a more permanent, scheduled fill-in spot. He certainly seems willing.

Bluejay

Quote from: Sean92008 on July 01, 2018, 09:04:39 AM
To answer the poll on the C2C alternative, I used to religiously listen to U7Radio.org.

Post Art, eh it's harder but it's still an option.
Same here.

Jojo

Quote from: Rix Gins on July 01, 2018, 03:06:53 AM
No more dinosaurs on Earth, xd.  But there are some dragons on the planet Venus.
Allow me to introduce myself...
Unit 14

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on July 02, 2018, 12:45:31 AM
Unit 14
QuoteQuote from: 14 on Today at 10:18:50 AM
What does this have to do with the thread, hmmmmmm?
First of all, Waters was not "ultraviolent" and committed no violence.

LIAR BITCH!

“Already, you have members of your Cabinet that are being booed out of restaurants,” Waters said in LA last Saturday, as the crowd erupted, “who have protesters taking up at their house, who say, ‘No peace, no sleep. No peace, no sleep,'” she continued.

“And guess what,”  “we’re going to win this battle because while you try and quote the Bible, Jeff Sessions and others, you really don’t know the Bible.

“God is on OUR side!” “On the side of the children. On the side of what’s right. On the side of what’s honorable.”

“And so, let’s stay the course. Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up and if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” she yelled.

“Mr. President, we will see you every day, every hour of the day, everywhere that we are to let you know you cannot get away with this!”

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on July 02, 2018, 12:45:31 AM
Unit 14

...I'm a passive aggressive leftist piece of shit who'll try to make problems for you if you don't agree with me.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 02, 2018, 12:53:15 PM
...I'm a passive aggressive leftist piece of shit who'll try to make problems for you if you don't agree with me.

You knew who she was from the get go, lol...

;)

ShayP

Double dose of Punnett:

Science Out-of-Bounds/ Open Lines

Friday - October 26, 2018

Hosted by Ian Punnett

Guest: Michael Guillen

Michael Guillen, award-winning physics instructor at Harvard University, joins Ian Punnett to discuss how the scientific community is pushing the boundaries of morality, including scientists who detached the head of a Russian man from his crippled body to stitch it onto a healthy new donated one, and fertility experiments aimed at allowing designer babies to be conceived with the DNA from three or more biological parents. Followed by Open Lines.

Cracking a Serial Killer Mystery

Saturday - October 27, 2018

Hosted by Ian Punnett

Guest(s): Bill James, J. W. Ocker

Using sleuthing techniques, statistician Bill James has applied his analytical expertise to crack an unsolved century-old mystery surrounding one of the deadliest serial killers in American history. He joins Ian Punnett to discuss how between 1898 and 1912, families across the country were murdered - all having lived within walking distance to a train station. First-hour guest J.W. Ocker talks about how Salem, MA may be the Capital of Creepy in America.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on October 26, 2018, 04:42:56 PM
Double dose of Punnett:

Science Out-of-Bounds/ Open Lines

Friday - October 26, 2018

Hosted by Ian Punnett

Guest: Michael Guillen

Michael Guillen, award-winning physics instructor at Harvard University, joins Ian Punnett to discuss how the scientific community is pushing the boundaries of morality, including scientists who detached the head of a Russian man from his crippled body to stitch it onto a healthy new donated one, and fertility experiments aimed at allowing designer babies to be conceived with the DNA from three or more biological parents. Followed by Open Lines.

Cracking a Serial Killer Mystery

Saturday - October 27, 2018

Hosted by Ian Punnett

Using sleuthing techniques, statistician Bill James has applied his analytical expertise to crack an unsolved century-old mystery surrounding one of the deadliest serial killers in American history. He joins Ian Punnett to discuss how between 1898 and 1912, families across the country were murdered - all having lived within walking distance to a train station. First-hour guest J.W. Ocker talks about how Salem, MA may be the Capital of Creepy in America.

If Ian isn’t drunk this could be good. ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 26, 2018, 05:21:53 PM
If Ian isn’t drunk this could be good. ;)

I'm thrilled beyond tears that Punnett has clearly got a handle on his tinnitus issues. That shit is absolutely no joke.

source: I got my own case a few years after I once said out loud, "yeah fuck him, he's probably making it up." Trust me--belief unfounded.

Jackstar

Quote from: ShayP on October 26, 2018, 04:42:56 PM

I initially quickly skimmed this and read it as, "Guest: James Woods", and began to actually salivate.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on October 26, 2018, 05:26:41 PM
I initially quickly skimmed this and read it as, "Guest: James Woods", and began to actually salivate.

Yeah, someone needs to do a longform interview with that guy. I believe he actually has a genius IQ.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 26, 2018, 05:28:48 PM
Yeah, someone needs to do a longform interview with that guy. I believe he actually has a genius IQ.
Here, here!  I'd much rather hear Knapp interview James Woods than another lame show with Tom DeLonge.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 26, 2018, 05:28:48 PM
I believe he actually has a genius IQ.

This is easily attainable in the modern era with the right kind of weed. How's his chess game?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on October 26, 2018, 05:31:42 PM
This is easily attainable in the modern era with the right kind of weed. How's his chess game?

Seems alright:

Metron2267

Quote from: TigerLily on June 30, 2018, 11:45:27 PM
Golly, gee. I sure am glad climate change isn't real. Thanks, guys, for setting me straight the other day

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ItsOver on October 26, 2018, 05:31:32 PM
Here, here!  I'd much rather hear Knapp interview James Woods than another lame show with Tom DeLonge.

I'm surprised that he hasn't been blackballed from the biz. I guess that conservatives have to stay in the political closet until they get big enough to leave it.

ZaZa

Just turned into C2C with Ian Punnett tonight.
Didn't care that much for him in the past, (sometimes he was acting silly), but so far I enjoy the show and the guest.
But I'm only 10 minutes into it. I might change my mind soon...haha
Never listen to Noory anymore, almost for two years now.
Fucking guy irritates me with his over confident fake voice and brainless comments.

ZaZa

Wow, didn't know that there is epidemic of farmers in the US committing suicides, same as in India.
Very sad actually. 

ZaZa

This food topic tonight is very interesting.
Guest is interesting,presenting food industry from various angles, Ian is also doing good job.
Food. Very precious topic.

ZaZa

"In the first half, investigative journalist and Bush family expert Russ Baker will join Ian Punnett
to discuss the life and legacy of the late president George Herbert Walker Bush.
Followed by Open Lines in the latter half."

What happened to the dummy G.N. tonight ?
I'M SO GLAD THAT HE IS NOT ON.

ZaZa

Dirt on dead Bush is being digged out, and is nasty.
George Herbert Walker Bush...piece of shit is finally dead now and in Hell.

albrecht

For a Deacon Ian has some interesting thoughts always on his mind. For example when talking about the possible blackmail of Warren by LBJ/Hoover he immediately goes for "a senorita and a donkey" -not, as guest was mentioning, the possibility of photos of Oswald in Mexico City or, as most normal people might think, some compromising but "normal" sexual incident in Ol' Mexico. Maybe a prostitute or just a cheating affair. Or even, the more licentious among us, thinking of some homosexual or tranny deal in Mexico. For the blackmail. But to go straight to bestiality? He also frequently mentions drinking quite commonly and throws away phrases about "blaming beer" and such.  I'm not sure in what church Ian is a Deacon, I think Episcopal, but even though they allow drinking I doubt it is encouraged, especially to excess or as a way to "excuse" whatever bad activity or crime....

Tootsie

Metron2267

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on December 09, 2018, 12:59:22 PM
who is ian punnett?

Longtime Coast to Coast guest host, now a deacon in the Episcopal Church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Punnett
Case Ian Punnett (born March 3, 1960 in Wilmette, Illinois) is an American radio broadcaster, author, professor, and Episcopal deacon.

In the early to mid 1980s, Punnett hosted the WLRW morning show in his college town along with Val Wallace, whom he comically referred to as "Valium P Walrus". Punnett cohosted Ian and Margery with his wife on KTMY in Minneapolis-St. Paul and was the regular Saturday night host of the widely syndicated paranormal-themed Coast to Coast AM, created by Art Bell. On December 3, 2011, Punnett announced that due to increasingly acute tinnitus, he would temporarily step down as regular Saturday night host of Coast to Coast AM, being replaced by John B. Wells: effective January 2012, Punnett would host the show one Sunday per month. In July 2013, Punnett ended his radio hosting career in order to begin studies for a doctoral degree. After receiving his Ph.D. in 2017, he returned as an occasional guest host of Coast to Coast AM in 2018.

Tootsie

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 09, 2018, 01:02:57 PM
Longtime Coast to Coast guest host, now a deacon in the Episcopal Church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Punnett
Case Ian Punnett (born March 3, 1960 in Wilmette, Illinois) is an American radio broadcaster, author, professor, and Episcopal deacon.

In the early to mid 1980s, Punnett hosted the WLRW morning show in his college town along with Val Wallace, whom he comically referred to as "Valium P Walrus". Punnett cohosted Ian and Margery with his wife on KTMY in Minneapolis-St. Paul and was the regular Saturday night host of the widely syndicated paranormal-themed Coast to Coast AM, created by Art Bell. On December 3, 2011, Punnett announced that due to increasingly acute tinnitus, he would temporarily step down as regular Saturday night host of Coast to Coast AM, being replaced by John B. Wells: effective January 2012, Punnett would host the show one Sunday per month. In July 2013, Punnett ended his radio hosting career in order to begin studies for a doctoral degree. After receiving his Ph.D. in 2017, he returned as an occasional guest host of Coast to Coast AM in 2018.

so do they like him or no go?