• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Robert

Quote from: albrecht on February 17, 2018, 12:48:48 PMBetter yet Tommee could just the "George Norry Soundboard" that was posted here and really rub in how bad his boss is. Do you think a guest would even notice if all questions and answers by Norry were from the soundboard?
That was done to death on "7 Second Delay" with Automated Andy, Automated Ken, automated both, and the like.

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 17, 2018, 06:06:04 PM
Warren is the ultimate lightweight...

Lol that's like being the loudest whisperer.

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 17, 2018, 06:06:04 PMReminded me of a story told me several years ago by folks in a small country pub in Co. Donegal, Ireland.  A group representing an American television production company of paranormal programming had come into that pub looking for local stories they could do for their series.  The TV people kept buying the drinks, and my new Irish friends kept telling them stories.  Apparently word got out, and people came into town just to drink for free and tell ghost stories that may or may not have been true.  Wonder if any of the RPs who JPW talked to fleeced him for free drinks?
How is that a fleecing?  Don't you think that, in both cases, each realized what they'd be getting from the other?

albrecht

I found this searching for some old Bill Jenkins shows. The name is misspelled (a Norry family tradition?) on the torrent and archive copy. I haven't listened yet so can't vouch for quality.
"
Dr. Shafica Karagulla - Thru the Curtain - Special Abilities of People"
https://archive.org/details/Dr.Caragula-ThruTheCurtain-SpecialAbilitiesOfPeople

The poster's comment/story is worth the read:
"When I first met her, I somewhat grasped all of the above. But this made me appreciate her as an extraordinary person. I had no clue then that I would DESPERATELY NEED Karagulla as a tutor and advisor, and that I would sit at her feet six hours at a pop listening to her knowledge.
Shafia asked me never to reveal this role, but years later said I could after she was gone if I felt there was any reason to do so.

You see, Shafia was to become one of my three major advisors regarding international affairs of the type that never get mentioned in the media, science, academe, or mentioned even by conspiracy enthusiasts.
Here is the world of the Really Secret -- the world of stuff so ugly and/or so silly, or so slime-bucket-like, that most people simply pretend by silent consent that it doesn't exist."

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on February 17, 2018, 06:20:10 PM
I'm not sure how it turned out but several years back there was a "fright" that Shannon would "turn into a ghosttown" because RyanAir was threatening to pull-out. Ha. Place invented Irish coffee and "duty-free" booze etc buying, the military flights (incl "renditions" supposedly,) and the Free Trade Zone I doubted it- but apparently there was a big drop. RyanAir is coming back in March, I hear.
ps: I should post in aircraft threat but this funny story, bankrupt Russian company and someone bought a plane for "glamping" (boy do I hate that term and idea)
https://www.independent.ie/life/plane-sailing-boeing-767-on-glam-final-journey-up-the-river-shannon-34689823.html

I was going to/from Shannon alot about the time (late 90s/early 2000s?) the Irish government was considering doing away with the mandatory stop at Shannon for flights into Ireland from the US and Canada.  There were billboards all around the area that said something like "Save the West Landing Requirement."  The fear was economic collapse of the region at that time as well.  This wasn't too long after the plans to make Shannon a phase maintenance depot for  commercial airliners, particularly the Soviets/Russians, went down the tubes.  There had been talk of making Shannon Airport the airliner maintenance/refurb hub for all Europe. 

The last time I was in Shannon, probably 2004 or so, I watched a large group of US Army troops from somewhere down range deplane and head straight for the bar at like 0730.  I struck up a conversation with a couple of them, they were having their first alcoholic beverage in a year.  I was told the airport added extra staff in the duty shops/bar when they knew US troops were coming through.  Back in the day, however, Shannon Duty Free was as good as any I'd seen in the world.  After my first trip to Ireland in 1982, I learned not to bother buying souvenirs and tote them around while touring.  Easier, and usually cheaper, to get that stuff at Duty Free.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Robert on February 17, 2018, 07:23:33 PM
How is that a fleecing?  Don't you think that, in both cases, each realized what they'd be getting from the other?

It's fleecing if the storytellers/drinkers are making shit up just to get free drinks.  The guys in Donegal were howling with laughter as they related some of the stories they feed the production people. The best was the one of the banshee chasing the naked, elderly nun.  To their knowledge, no segments were filmed locally as a result of the visit/bar tab. 

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 17, 2018, 08:53:28 PMIt's fleecing if the storytellers/drinkers are making shit up just to get free drinks.  The guys in Donegal were howling with laughter as they related some of the stories they feed the production people. The best was one the banshee chasing the naked, elderly nun.   To their knowledge, no segments were filmed locally as a result of the visit/bar tab.
Regardless, they could have.  So who was being fleeced?  Seems like a low price for a story, not even union scale, probably.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Robert on February 17, 2018, 08:58:59 PM
Regardless, they could have.  So who was being fleeced?  Seems like a low price for a story, not even union scale, probably.

Certainly not the guys who drank free for hours, then laughed about how gullible the production crew had been.

Jojo

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on February 16, 2018, 11:15:06 PM
Ha that dude's classic.  I think in recent years he's had to disguise his voice and/or fib to the screener to get on air.  Haven't heard him in quite awhile though.  Regardless, we must never forget Finno-Ugric contribution to world culture.
For Bill in Madison: Finland's great innovations
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/12/finlands-10-great-innovations

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 17, 2018, 09:04:14 PMCertainly not the guys who drank free for hours, then laughed about how gullible the production crew had been.
I wouldn't assume they'd been looking for true stories, just good ones.

Dateline

Maybe I should start a new thread about this, or post it in the I-Hurt bankruptcy thread, but it has degenerated into a name calling and verbal assaults, typical Bellgab exchanges.

My thoughts and questions are what will happen to Norry and Coast if I-Hurt files for bankruptcy within the next month?  They owe billions in debt.  I am not that familiar with the radio industry to know what will happen.  In retail, they have liquidations sales and close stores.  What do they do in radio?  Do they void contracts?  Do they shut stations down?

Any thoughts or knowledge would be informative. 

diowulf

Georges first caller Friday night was EXCELLENT. He let her ramble on for so long, questioning and coaxing more from her, that it was obvious his other lines were empty. Cornelius and the rest of the paid callers must have had the night off. He had her on for almost 9 total minutes. The conversation ranged from some kind of powers she got from Dr Bruce Goldberg, the government's attempts to capture her, and - in what was apparently the purpose of the call - how one night when she was living in her car she asked God for a miracle and was approached by Nikolai Tesla, which was apparently a fulfillment of her prayer. I'm not really doing the call justice as it was far more disjointed and confusing than that. I had to listen to it twice and I'm still not sure what she was talking about half the time. I'm sure George berated Tom-ee during the break as he sat wide-eyed with cheeks stuffed full of candies.

diowulf

I spoke to soon, we got some regular callers including Frank in MD, who pontificated on some great mysteries, like how did the big bang work, how giants impregnated human women with their giant penises, and if blind people dream in color. This prompted yet another blind listener to call in and be subjected to George's hamfisted interview skills & tiny brain. Including his go-to blind person question: "How do you know when you're awake!?" Jesus H Fucking Christ.

ItsOver

Quote from: diowulf on February 19, 2018, 03:39:21 PM
I spoke to soon, we got some regular callers including Frank in MD, who pontificated on some great mysteries, like how did the big bang work, how giants impregnated human women with their giant penises, and if blind people dream in color. This prompted yet another blind listener to call in and be subjected to George's hamfisted interview skills & tiny brain. Including his go-to blind person question: "How do you know when you're awake!?" Jesus H Fucking Christ.
Ha, ha, ha.  Jorch should ask himself every day how does HE know when he's awake?

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dateline on February 19, 2018, 01:37:11 AM
Maybe I should start a new thread about this, or post it in the I-Hurt bankruptcy thread, but it has degenerated into a name calling and verbal assaults, typical Bellgab exchanges.

My thoughts and questions are what will happen to Norry and Coast if I-Hurt files for bankruptcy within the next month?  They owe billions in debt.  I am not that familiar with the radio industry to know what will happen.  In retail, they have liquidations sales and close stores.  What do they do in radio?  Do they void contracts?  Do they shut stations down?

They will probably attempt to renegotiate their debt - cancelling some and reducing the interest rate on others.  They could probably force George and other "talent" to renegotiate their contracts, they don't have to but creditors could demand it.

albrecht

Quote from: diowulf on February 19, 2018, 03:14:51 PM
Georges first caller Friday night was EXCELLENT. He let her ramble on for so long, questioning and coaxing more from her, that it was obvious his other lines were empty. Cornelius and the rest of the paid callers must have had the night off. He had her on for almost 9 total minutes. The conversation ranged from some kind of powers she got from Dr Bruce Goldberg, the government's attempts to capture her, and - in what was apparently the purpose of the call - how one night when she was living in her car she asked God for a miracle and was approached by Nikolai Tesla, which was apparently a fulfillment of her prayer. I'm not really doing the call justice as it was far more disjointed and confusing than that. I had to listen to it twice and I'm still not sure what she was talking about half the time. I'm sure George berated Tom-ee during the break as he sat wide-eyed with cheeks stuffed full of candies.
Yes, that caller was a hoot. And she never answered Norry's question: "how did you get to be living in your car?" If Norry were a better interviewer he could've gotten more details about time-traveling Nikola Tesla visitation and got more crazy stories out of her. Instead he let her ramble but than ended it shortly with something like "I'm glad you made it to your sister's. Be careful."

pate

Quote from: Dateline on February 19, 2018, 01:37:11 AM

My thoughts about a high & dry Dave aftrer a telecom buyout are thus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JRFQnmX5Sw

Onlee, for Tmangy Rangertine!

DNS
DNR
FEB (Eye hurt)

ItsOver

Quote from: pate on February 19, 2018, 08:30:46 PM

DNS
DNR
FEB (Eye hurt)
Eh, starting kind of early for a Monday night, aren't we?

zeebo

Infomercial time tonite.  Remember, for extra points, sprinkle turmeric over your dozen eggs.

Dateline

Quote from: zeebo on February 19, 2018, 09:24:16 PM
Infomercial time tonite.  Remember, for extra points, sprinkle turmeric over your dozen eggs.

Eggxacly!  And I will have a Blood Mary to go with that.  That's my secret sauce this evening.

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on February 19, 2018, 08:59:06 PM

Dave and I are hanging with the Tattoo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USfKJYZcUmI

Yew, khan sea thee droids Frum hear...

Juan Cena

Quote from: pate on February 19, 2018, 08:30:46 PM

DNS
DNR
FEB (Eye hurt)

I doubt C2C or Dave would be in any serious jeopardy. The assets will just be bought by Cumulus or Sinclair.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 19, 2018, 08:59:06 PM

They were only playing drunk, Pate takes it beyond method. (To his credit.)

albrecht

Quote from: Dateline on February 19, 2018, 09:31:16 PM
Eggxacly!  And I will have a Blood Mary to go with that.  That's my secret sauce this evening.
Toomeric instead of celery salt. But really you should be making a cocktail using Tangy Tangerine as the base, not GMO tomatoes. But, if you are going with the Bloody Mary ensure you also throw in a raw egg.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Juan Cena on February 19, 2018, 11:03:05 PM
I doubt C2C or Dave would be in any serious jeopardy. The assets will just be bought by Cumulus or Sinclair.

Cumulus has their own money problems

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2018, 11:36:04 PM
Toomeric instead of celery salt. But really you should be making a cocktail using Tangy Tangerine as the base, not GMO tomatoes. But, if you are going with the Bloody Mary ensure you also throw in a raw egg.

Don't forget the dinovite & soda chaser.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on February 20, 2018, 12:12:29 AM
Don't forget the dinovite & soda chaser.
I use a shot of Pizza-Punch as the digestive after a Norry show. Apiretif? For Norry show is rotgut whiskey or some off-brand cheap wine swilled with abandon.