• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

I still have a POGO that actually works.  I used it to record DM shows off my android.  Haven't listened to any of them since Bell bailed from MITD and blessed the world with HW.  ::)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2017, 09:41:32 PM
Yep, I miss her. I don't think a single prediction has turned out? (Though, maybe, it has and we are under a grand deception!!)

I'm not sure which came first but I had a relative who liked Art and bought a "Pogo" from CCrane. Of course, he didn't have a computer and didn't understand that "modern" tech so gave it to me. A neat thing, like the Witness, (I suspect, maybe, CCrane rebranded the item maybe?) You could set to pre-record audio from radio station and store to SD card or plug in and d/l to your computer. It finally also went kaput though. And would record the actual "radio"- so at night you could get static, commercials, bleed-over, or sometimes listen and show cuts out, etc.

I've had two Witnesses, but neither ever misrecorded a program I programmed it for.  I only missed recording C2C shows because the local affiliate preempted the show or was knocked off the air.  The Witness that went tits-up I suspect was a victim of a power surge or lightning strike. We came home from two weeks vacation and it was deader than Hell.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 02, 2017, 10:01:47 PM
I still have a POGO that actually works.  I used it to record DM shows off my android.  Haven't listened to any of them since Bell bailed from MITD and blessed the world with HW.  ::)
Ha! Mine lasted quite some time but I think used not flash memory but a mini-harddrive and being portable went through a lot and finally....kaput. Same with the first large MP3 player I had (I forget the name but I think a French company- Chinese made.) It suffered same fate. I actually confronted their booth with it at CeBIT once, funny, because I was so pissed that I lost all my mp3s when it failed and happened to be there for work so decided to visit their booth on a break. No satisfaction. Wasn't backing stuff up etc. Oh well. First technologies are never meant to last- at least these days. Glad you PoGo! still working, too bad not lots of good radio content to record though....

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2017, 10:10:06 PM
Ha! ...Glad you PoGo! still working, too bad not lots of good radio content to record though....
Yeah, it's just setting as a lump of plastic with the dearth of decent night time AM.  I'd record to an SD card and then usually transfer to a laptop.  Still have a bunch of SITs and some Knapps.  No Jorch's, of course. ;)

zeebo

Wm. Forstchen is on tonite.  Look for Michelle from Japan to call in and mention he was her professor.

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2017, 09:37:49 PM
I had a "Pogo," which I think was a CCrane deal before they marketed/branded it as the CC Witness but, essentially, the same thing. Could record AM/FM etc onto an SD card and you could set a timer. But often you would get a static show, or depending on the sun, even dead air or bleed over to Mexican radio. So, actually, a more realistic recording of listening to late-night C2C on the AM back in the days. So I have a lot of old shows but, at that time, burned some onto CDs and who knows where they are right now. And not very searchable when I do find them.
LOL - I had about 5 years recorded on cassettes, direct from the radio. I even paused most of them on the commercials. They got lost in a move. I was not a happy camper.  >:(

Quote from: zeebo on January 02, 2017, 03:20:40 PM
No love for the Shmenges?  No cabbage rolls for you!

C'mon, zeebo, you know me better than that!  So give me a plate of those cabbage rolls and some coffee to wash them down.

Zetaspeak

Ding Ding ! First 15 minutes of his second show of the year and Norry is already talking about the year is going too fast.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 03, 2017, 12:18:12 AM
Ding Ding ! First 15 minutes of his second show of the year and Norry is already talking about the year is going too fast.

Long time, no see.  Rough election, eh?

ItsOver

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 03, 2017, 12:18:12 AM
Damn, it's not even Feb, yet.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: zeebo on January 02, 2017, 10:26:22 PM
Wm. Forstchen is on tonite.  Look for Michelle from Japan to call in and mention he was her professor.

Loved the caller who told George and Forstchen that he could get the decision to protect the grid done in a week by flooding DC with press releases, phone calls, emails, etc.  All he needed was to get the go ahead from Forstchen to make it happen.  He knew this would work because he used the same approach to get Trump elected PotUS. It was unclear who gave him the go ahead to get Trump elected.

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 03, 2017, 01:00:41 PM
Loved the caller who told George and Forstchen that he could get the decision to protect the grid done in a week by flooding DC with press releases, phone calls, emails, etc.  All he needed was to get the go ahead from Forstchen to make it happen.  He knew this would work because he used the same approach to get Trump elected PotUS. It was unclear who gave him the go ahead to get Trump elected.

Lol yeah that guy was ready to get the deal done by the end of the week. 

I also thought it was funny when George posited that the day after an EMP we'd have alot of problems, and Forstchen, slightly over-the-top blurts out "We'd go extinct!"   

Gyoza Girl

Dr. Joel is on tonight. I hope "Pat in New York" calls in with his complaint about snake-oil commercials, even though George pretty much told him to get lost.

Dateline

Breaking, scientists have confirmed the Norry equation as true today:  Norry Nothing from Norry Nothing is Norry Nothing. 

This is shaking the scientific community.  Guarded secrets are that the scientists are being considered for an International recognition this summer in Syria.

michio

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 03, 2017, 01:00:41 PM

BattyBrooke

George is in rare form tonight. He just mocked an 88 year old man (who was congratulating him on his 14 years) by way of purposely mimicking/parroting the man's accent and cadence when he responded to the congratulations the man offered. Then he snapped at and reprimanded the numerologist for making a mistake on the date he was trying to read. Dave is a DICK.

Ciardelo

Quote from: BattyBrooke on January 04, 2017, 03:34:09 AM
George is in rare form tonight. He just mocked an 88 year old man (who was congratulating him on his 14 years) by way of purposely mimicking/parroting the man's accent and cadence when he responded to the congratulations the man offered. Then he snapped at and reprimanded the numerologist for making a mistake on the date he was trying to read. Dave is a DICK.
GNS baby, GNS

ItsOver

Jorch starts out last night's infomercial with "Garsh, time is flying by!",  then when his infomercial guest comes on, he asks him if he can believe how fast the time is going.  Well, maybe for you, Jorch, but not for anyone listening to your crapfest.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on January 04, 2017, 10:57:00 AM
Jorch starts out last night's infomercial with "Garsh, time is flying by!",  then when his infomercial guest comes on, he asks him if he can believe how fast the time is going.  Well, maybe for you, Jorch, but not for anyone listening to your crapfest.
Ouch! Words hurt sir. lol I think that's why Heather at the Handle had more BellGab listeners last night.  ;)

DanTSX

The "doctor"   That Dave had on last night was a real quack.

5 mins in and he's claiming to add 10k patients treated every day and millions treated so far.

People were calling in with symptoms of cancer and diabetes, and not once did the asshole say "go see your doctor or any doctor.   Just "buy my cream of vitamins"

Of course Jorch was all " wow! Truly amazing doc!"

Apparently "letting the Audience decide" means zero critical thought.

George you are a shameful buffoon

DanTSX

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 04, 2017, 12:32:07 PM
Ouch! Words hurt sir. lol I think that's why Heather at the Handle had more BellGab listeners last night.  ;)
yeah she siphoned all of the white knights away from george's cat ladies

goldendeal

Dr. Joel Wallach's answer for anything from hemorrhoids to Jorch's erectile-dysfunction is a gluten-free diet and one key essential nutrient which will remain nameless. The good doctor will not tell listeners, as it would crumble the pyramid scheme he and Jorch cooked up over cheap cocktails at a Reno motel 6. 
New TV series this fall, "The Con and and the Quack” Starring Jorch” low testosterone “Noory and   Joel” I never said it's a cure” Wallach.
From CBS promo " hilarity ensues as a burned out over the hill talk show host and a nutritional supplement guru dodges the Federal Trade Commission launch into an official investigation of their nutritional supplement fraud. The fraudsters behind a pyramid scheme go to great lengths to make the program look like a legitimate multi-level marketing program. Watch as these two semi-retired con artist ripped off callers of a late night talk radio program to their utter amusement, mirth, laughter, and merriment.

Dateline

The FTC would be searching for the "hall of records" under that pyramid scheme.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dateline on January 04, 2017, 11:01:36 PM
The FTC would be searching for the "hall of records" under that pyramid scheme.

Quote from: goldendeal on January 04, 2017, 10:32:04 PM
Dr. Joel Wallach's answer for anything from hemorrhoids to Jorch's erectile-dysfunction is a gluten-free diet and one key essential nutrient which will remain nameless. The good doctor will not tell listeners, as it would crumble the pyramid scheme he and Jorch cooked up over cheap cocktails at a Reno motel 6...

It's not toomerick?

zeebo

Quote from: goldendeal on January 04, 2017, 10:32:04 PM
Dr. Joel Wallach's answer for anything from hemorrhoids to Jorch's erectile-dysfunction is a gluten-free diet and one key essential nutrient which will remain nameless. The good doctor will not tell listeners, as it would crumble the pyramid scheme he and Jorch cooked up over cheap cocktails at a Reno motel 6....

lol  :D

Mizak

Unfortunately my insomnia is back and so I turn on the radio.I can't believe no one has sued the Vet. and Noory yet.A couple months ago He actuallly told this Woman to FIRE her REAL DR. not even knowing her health history.Reminds me of this read.

In the early 1980's, Wallach called himself a "Manner Metabolic Physician'' and treated cancer patients with laetrile, a substance that should not be used to treat cancer. In 1990 he also worked with Kurt Donsbach at the notorious Tijuana clinic Hospital Santa Monica. In 1995, Wallach was using chelation therapy for heart disease, a common misuse of this therapy by quacks. A relative of one of Wallach's patients reported his concerns to the National Council Against Health Fraud when the patient died in Wallach's care. The relative expressed concern that "Wallach had convinced the patient not to be treated by his regular physician; thus he did not seek proper medical help and died."*

Google      Colloidal Mineral Supplements:
Unnecessary and Potentially Hazardous
BY James Pontolillo

Sometime soon dave and the vet. will be in JAIL !!!

albrecht

Quote from: Mizak on January 05, 2017, 07:45:02 AM
Unfortunately my insomnia is back and so I turn on the radio.I can't believe no one has sued the Vet. and Noory yet.A couple months ago He actuallly told this Woman to FIRE her REAL DR. not even knowing her health history.Reminds me of this read.

In the early 1980's, Wallach called himself a "Manner Metabolic Physician'' and treated cancer patients with laetrile, a substance that should not be used to treat cancer. In 1990 he also worked with Kurt Donsbach at the notorious Tijuana clinic Hospital Santa Monica. In 1995, Wallach was using chelation therapy for heart disease, a common misuse of this therapy by quacks. A relative of one of Wallach's patients reported his concerns to the National Council Against Health Fraud when the patient died in Wallach's care. The relative expressed concern that "Wallach had convinced the patient not to be treated by his regular physician; thus he did not seek proper medical help and died."*

Google      Colloidal Mineral Supplements:
Unnecessary and Potentially Hazardous
BY James Pontolillo

Sometime soon dave and the vet. will be in JAIL !!!
Norry is likely not aware but he is continuing a loooong tradition of using radio to promote quackery. In fact radio's popularity and many laws came out from this guy's actions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Brinkley
an excerpt (sound familiar? Quackery, astrology, "new performer" segments, proprietary "medicine" business, etc:)

"Brinkley spoke for hours on end each day on the radio, primarily promoting his goat gland treatments. He variously cajoled, shamed and appealed to men's (and women's) egos, and to their desire to be more sexually active. In between Brinkley's own advertisements, his new station featured a variety of entertainment including military bands, French lessons, astrological forecasts, storytelling and exotica such as native Hawaiian songs, and American roots music including old-time string band, gospel and early country"

"He also started a new radio segment called "Medical Question Box", where he would read listeners' medical complaints over the air and suggest proprietary treatments. These treatments were only available at a network of pharmacies that were members of the "Brinkley Pharmaceutical Association"."

Ciardelo

Interesting article albrecht. My goat has very healthy glands thank goodness.