George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 02, 2017, 03:32:39 AM
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wBUTMg6BFg

lol i have no memory of this at all -  i was pretty young, i doubt if I didn't have older siblings if i'd have watched it. almost none of my friends remember or know SCTV.

yeah the guy at the beginning - that's the Rick Moranis character, one of my favorite characters.

Quote from: zeebo on January 02, 2017, 03:32:03 AM
+100 ... I haven't watched the cringe-inducing SNL for a decade now, and would gladly pick a 35-yr old SCTV sketch over that any day.  Gimme some Mrs. Falbo's Tiny Town or Dr. Tongue's 3-D House of Pancakes instead.

LOL.  Can't go wrong with Dr. Tongue!!

zeebo

Haha best prediction of the nite - They're gonna do another re-make of King Kong.   To make it even better, the dude that called in sounded like one of the Shmenge Brothers.   ;D

Caller predicts there will be a new King Kong movie.  Like we need another one.  ::) Give me Robert Armstrong, Bruce Cabot and Fay Wray.  That's all I need.

JesusJuice

Tonight's show came off like a wake and now a funeral.

Quote from: JesusJuice is dying on January 02, 2017, 03:11:20 AM

He's been macking hard on Connie Willis lately. Either he's over LMH or he's trying to make her jealous.
How can he not see her working him?!! She has likely known for a long time that her boss was his internship-mate.  To think that it hadn't come up in her work conversations prior is impossible!  From the outside, the whole thing looks fake. Surely he knew her references, her boss, prior to hiring her for Coast.

ItsOver

Quote from: goldendeal on January 02, 2017, 12:55:35 AM
Jorch in rare form tonight.

...Jorch, how about that Alan Thicke ? what in the world is going on?...       

Portals, Jorch.  Lots and lots of portals.  Angels, too.

ShayP

Quote from: loveslibraries on January 02, 2017, 03:15:09 AM
More like fire flies.
Actually, I did not hear anything about catching lightening in a bottle.  Did others hear it?

Ahhh yes!  I remember now.  Had to look for it.  ;)  It was around 30 minutes or so into the show when Micah Hanks called in.  After George talked to Billy Gibbons and made mention how Jimmie Hendrix said Billy was one of the greatest guitar players, George then mentions that Micah is "one heck of a musician."  Micah then says (I'm paraphrasing) that being on the stage in a dimly lit auditorium with George, during rehearsals, was "catching lightning in a bottle."  ;D

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on January 02, 2017, 02:20:36 AM
Hey Shay, I started mine off with an ill-advised quesarito coupled with some stale beer and this goofy show.  I don't need a psychic to tell me I'll be chomping down Tums at 3am.

LOL!  I could've gone for a quesarito...ill-advised or not.  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 02, 2017, 03:48:44 AM
Caller predicts there will be a new King Kong movie.  Like we need another one.  ::) Give me Robert Armstrong, Bruce Cabot and Fay Wray.  That's all I need.

This one?  ;)  Comes out in March.  8)

https://youtu.be/Cy_PRS0dMgk

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on January 02, 2017, 01:13:35 PM
This one?  ;)  Comes out in March.  8)

Yeah, a bold psychic prediction. Predict a new King Kong movie that has previews that are already being shown in the theaters and online.  :o

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2017, 01:27:43 PM
Yeah, a bold psychic prediction. Predict a new King Kong movie that has previews that are already being shown in the theaters and online.  :o
Nailed it!

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 02, 2017, 03:26:10 AM
lol SCTV is amazing, especially those early shows when they had no budget.

Rick Moranis had a this character who had a talk show where he worked the board himself, he looked like Art Bell kind of. I would have loved if they did a C2C inspired sketch.

Gerry Todd was great!

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2017, 01:27:43 PM
Yet he fooled stupid Noory!  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 02, 2017, 04:33:21 PM
Yet he fooled stupid Noory!  ;D
Jorch, the master of pop culture.  He thinks Pat Boone is edgy.

Morgus

I happened to find that right now on the streaming station KGRA, somebody appears to be playing some clips from Noory's anniversary New Years show last night and making funny comments about it... :D

http://www.kgraradio.com/live365/

Sounds like its Micah Hanks telling about his experience last night as one of the past guest callers to Noory...

Uncle Duke

Quote from: zeebo on January 02, 2017, 03:47:46 AM
Haha best prediction of the nite - They're gonna do another re-make of King Kong.   To make it even better, the dude that called in sounded like one of the Shmenge Brothers.   ;D

Just listened to that call, had to have been a prank.  Nobody's that big a dweeb, he made Bill the AAA sound like a hipster.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 02, 2017, 06:36:01 PM
Just listened to that call, had to have been a prank.  Nobody's that big a dweeb, he made Bill the AAA sound like a hipster.
Haven't listened to this show yet due to Bowl Games etc but managed to get in the show with Norry and the "targetted individual" guy about "implants." There was no questioning by Norry and he ended the show with almost even more feeding of the guy's paranoia. It was a bit sad. I like crazy guests and callers and do think there haven't been experiments or technology that the government (or a spurned ex etc) can use to 'target' people but his idea that they would target someone like him, for no appreciable reason, and that this 'program' is so extensive (I forget but he was claiming a huge amount of the population was 'targetted' or involved in the program as the operators. And using "impants" etc.) We aren't talking mass NSA surveillence or data-mining, monitoring internet/calls, etc but specific individuals with 'teams' upon them and doing medical operations on them in their homes etc! Ridiculous (unless there was some serious national security reason, renditions, etc. But random people?) I'm calling bull on that. I recall Art or Ian would push back on this and even, early on in one case, Norry even actually had his staff contact local mental health people (or claimed to have done so) on one crazy who was going too far and sounded genuinly suicidal. Now the show encourages this stuff and even talks openly about predicting assasinations of public figures (a "no go" in the Art days?) I think Ian might've even dropped a guest (the self-proclaimed Schizophrenic and Sci-Fi author) who "realized" that taking "their meds" was "interferring" with his mission and knowledge, etc? I don't recall the guest but would like to revisit the show but, alas, nobody it seems kept archives of his shows anywhere.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2017, 07:09:28 PM
Haven't listened to this show yet due to Bowl Games etc but managed to get in the show with Norry and the "targetted individual" guy about "implants." There was no questioning by Norry and he ended the show with almost even more feeding of the guy's paranoia. It was a bit sad. I like crazy guests and callers and do think there haven't been experiments or technology that the government (or a spurned ex etc) can use to 'target' people but his idea that they would target someone like him, for no appreciable reason, and that this 'program' is so extensive (I forget but he was claiming a huge amount of the population was 'targetted' or involved in the program as the operators. And using "impants" etc.) We aren't talking mass NSA surveillence or data-mining, monitoring internet/calls, etc but specific individuals with 'teams' upon them and doing medical operations on them in their homes etc! Ridiculous (unless there was some serious national security reason, renditions, etc. But random people?) I'm calling bull on that. I recall Art or Ian would push back on this and even, early on in one case, Norry even actually had his staff contact local mental health people (or claimed to have done so) on one crazy who was going too far and sounded genuinly suicidal. Now the show encourages this stuff and even talks openly about predicting assasinations of public figures (a "no go" in the Art days?) I think Ian might've even dropped a guest (the self-proclaimed Schizophrenic and Sci-Fi author) who "realized" that taking "their meds" was "interferring" with his mission and knowledge, etc? I don't recall the guest but would like to revisit the show but, alas, nobody it seems kept archives of his shows anywhere.
[/b]

That was one of the greatest C2C shows I ever heard.  Ian thought the guest was going to talk about his battles with mental illness and how the illness had been brought under control by medication.  Right out of the gate the guest launched into a paranoid rant about why he wasn't taking the meds. Ian was clearly stunned, I remember thinking the C2C producer who booked the guy was either totally fooled by the guest or half-assed his research/booking. 

I had that show recorded and saved on my first Witness, but lost it when the thing went tits-up.  I've heard Ian interviewed a few times since his retirement, and was surprised he doesn't mention this interview among his most memorable. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 02, 2017, 08:49:18 PM
That was one of the greatest C2C shows I ever heard.  Ian thought the guest was going to talk about his battles with mental illness and how the illness had been brought under control by medication.  Right out of the gate the guest launched into a paranoid rant about why he wasn't taking the meds. Ian was clearly stunned, I remember thinking the C2C producer who booked the guy was either totally fooled by the guest or half-assed his research/booking. 

I had that show recorded and saved on my first Witness, but lost it when the thing went tits-up.  I've heard Ian interviewed a few times since his retirement, and was surprised he doesn't mention this interview among his most memorable.
Was this the show? False Reality, Schizophrenia & Emotional Vampirism

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 02, 2017, 08:57:23 PM
Was this the show? False Reality, Schizophrenia & Emotional Vampirism
Yep, pretty sure that was it. So a more "modern" show than I had thought. But I still can't find a copy out there at the "usual sources." Not that many people seemed to have archived Ian shows, for some reason. If anyone has a copy.....? Post, PM, or direct me to source.
ps: I will note that www.will-elliot.org has "server not found." Wonder what happened to him or if "they" got him and put him back on meds or holding him in some facility (an underground one run by reptilians shape-shifters, of course. Maybe he is housed with our BG Kevin, who seems to have also gone on a hiatus?)

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2017, 09:06:30 PM
Yep, pretty sure that was it. So a more "modern" show than I had thought. But I still can't find a copy out there at the "usual sources." Not that many people seemed to have archived Ian shows, for some reason. If anyone has a copy.....? Post, PM, or direct me to source.
ps: I will note that www.will-elliot.org has "server not found." Wonder what happened to him or if "they" got him and put him back on meds or holding him in some facility (an underground one run by reptilians shape-shifters, of course. Maybe he is housed with our BG Kevin, who seems to have also gone on a hiatus?)
My Ian archive is thin as well. I just did a quick search on C2C for "Schizophrenic" and that was the first one that popped up. I do remember the show and thought if we had a certain date it might be easier to find. My drive with the bulk of my C2C shows is offline right now but I'll look around too.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2017, 09:06:30 PM

Agree, that's it.  Would make a great "Somewhere in Time" show.  Sounds like we need to add Elliot to the "Dropped Off the Face of the Earth" file along with Kathleen Keating.

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 02, 2017, 09:16:37 PM
My Ian archive is thin as well. I just did a quick search on C2C for "Schizophrenic" and that was the first one that popped up. I do remember the show and thought if we had a certain date it might be easier to find. My drive with the bulk of my C2C shows is offline right now but I'll look around too.
I had a "Pogo," which I think was a CCrane deal before they marketed/branded it as the CC Witness but, essentially, the same thing. Could record AM/FM etc onto an SD card and you could set a timer. But often you would get a static show, or depending on the sun, even dead air or bleed over to Mexican radio. So, actually, a more realistic recording of listening to late-night C2C on the AM back in the days. So I have a lot of old shows but, at that time, burned some onto CDs and who knows where they are right now. And not very searchable when I do find them.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 02, 2017, 09:30:27 PM
Agree, that's it.  Would make a great "Somewhere in Time" show.  Sounds like we need to add Elliot to the "Dropped Off the Face of the Earth" file along with Kathleen Keating.
Yep, I miss her. I don't think a single prediction has turned out? (Though, maybe, it has and we are under a grand deception!!)

I'm not sure which came first but I had a relative who liked Art and bought a "Pogo" from CCrane. Of course, he didn't have a computer and didn't understand that "modern" tech so gave it to me. A neat thing, like the Witness, (I suspect, maybe, CCrane rebranded the item maybe?) You could set to pre-record audio from radio station and store to SD card or plug in and d/l to your computer. It finally also went kaput though. And would record the actual "radio"- so at night you could get static, commercials, bleed-over, or sometimes listen and show cuts out, etc.