• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2017, 05:06:45 AM
Yep and also another rule , only 1 prediction per caller.
They are breaking all the old rules multiple times tonight.

No kidding, a couple of the callers provided more a manifesto than a prediction.  The one guy talked almost as long about where/how he developed his rambling list of predictions than the predictions themselves. 

Also noticed some of the callers remarked how easily they got through and/or how quickly they got on the air.  After hearing that, I actually considered calling in as "Jackstar".

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 01, 2017, 10:50:20 AM
No kidding, a couple of the callers provided more a manifesto than a prediction.  The one guy talked almost as long about where/how he developed his rambling list of predictions than the predictions themselves.
Ha!  Art usually excelled at shutting-down the callers who couldn't shut-up.  Now, it's usually a disaster, especially if some nitwit like Bill the AAA calls-in.  Clyde on Ground Zero is one of the few who'll actually take that clown on and shut him down.

Juan

Don't give them any ideas.  A Manifesto show would be so easy from him to do. He'd take the call, ask the caller to begin his manifesto, then George and Tommie could go out for turkey sammiches.  The computer could handle breaks, and if the Manifester was any good, he'd just rant through the breaks.  Sort of like when Steve Quayle is a guest.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on January 01, 2017, 11:07:04 AM
Don't give them any ideas.  A Manifesto show would be so easy from him to do. He'd take the call, ask the caller to begin his manifesto, then George and Tommie could go out for turkey sammiches.  The computer could handle breaks, and if the Manifester was any good, he'd just rant through the breaks.  Sort of like when Steve Quayle is a guest.
Yeah, that only works for me when LMH does her once a month drone and Jorch takes a nap.

Uncle Duke

And if they randomly threw in a few prerecorded comments like "good point", "absolutely", and "of course" from George, nobody would any the wiser.

Dateline

My whole point in posting last night is that the predictions show has become a non-event for me, and for that I blame it on how Premrat and how company has chosen to handle it.  Even if I went out, when I returned I would attempt to turn in and listen.  I did not even attempt to last night, and it was not because I over-celebrated, it was because the fun has been diminished. 

I predict with this regime that the predictions show will continue to suck, but wait you can tune in tonight when it is all about Norry.

Did you notice this, too?  I am a mouse sensitive.  Other shows this week are highlighting pet subjects of Norry.  On the second, it is the grid.  On the third, it is the supplement sales, again.  2017 on Coast is turning out to be. ..

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 01, 2017, 11:06:21 AM
Ha!  Art usually excelled at shutting-down the callers who couldn't shut-up.  Now, it's usually a disaster, especially if some nitwit like Bill the AAA calls-in.  Clyde on Ground Zero is one of the few who'll actually take that clown on and shut him down.
A week or so ago (show about Antartic shenanigans) Clyde shut down "Annie from Alabama." She was on about something and got into her claim of the lost millions she was supposed to inheirit due to identity theft. Clyde asked why she doesn't get a lawyer. Offered to find her a lawyer for a finder's fee of 10% and called out for any lawyers to contact him if she will give 1/2 of the settlement to the attorney. "You would still be a millionaire, Annie. A million is better than nothing. There is no reason not to do this, Annie!" She blubbered and replied that the money is "hidden" and a lawyer would do no good. Clyde ended the call with "you have no reason not to do this or do you?," or something. Haha.

Quote from: albrecht on January 01, 2017, 01:51:34 PM
A week or so ago (show about Antartic shenanigans) Clyde shut down "Annie from Alabama." She was on about something and got into her claim of the lost millions she was supposed to inheirit due to identity theft.
She told the same BS story on Noory. Included her desire for an "analog woe-sher" and how her aunt made her millions on (stolen?) chinese antiquities

Completely unchallenged/un-muffled by Noory of course.  I think he likes trolling the mentally ill (much like the guest he had on the other night) by indulging their madness

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 01, 2017, 10:50:20 AM
No kidding, a couple of the callers provided more a manifesto than a prediction.  The one guy talked almost as long about where/how he developed his rambling list of predictions than the predictions themselves.  ...

Yeah how about the guy who had a whole stream of vague predictions like 'global unrest' and 'environmental challenges', and turned out they were supposedly derived from the bible, and weren't even relevant to this year but could happen sometime off in the future.  I was like what was the point of that?

zeebo

lol Quayle is the ultimate guest for that - you could just mute the mic and take a nap.

zeebo

A week or so ago (show about Antartic shenanigans) Clyde shut down "Annie from Alabama." She was on about something and got into her claim of the lost millions she was supposed to inheirit due to identity theft. Clyde asked why she doesn't get a lawyer. Offered to find her a lawyer for a finder's fee of 10% and called out for any lawyers to contact him if she will give 1/2 of the settlement to the attorney. "You would still be a millionaire, Annie. A million is better than nothing. There is no reason not to do this, Annie!" She blubbered and replied that the money is "hidden" and a lawyer would do no good. Clyde ended the call with "you have no reason not to do this or do you?," or something. Haha.

I'm sorry I missed that!  She called into one of Connie's shows last weekend, the one about "Krampus", which was actually kind of entertaining.  Anyway she asked about some local version of the mysterious holiday fellow, with an even funnier name, which I forgot, but it was an informative little slice of her regional culture.  ;)

Morgus

A week or so ago (show about Antartic shenanigans) Clyde shut down "Annie from Alabama."
haha, 'ole Annie called in to c2c again last night with her 2017 predictions...  ;)

Was looking for something to listen to tonight so I thought I would check out Coast for the first time in many months.

Looking back at the shows I noticed that Doug Dietrich was *not* the guest for the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor and instead
some Nelson dude would be on.   Figured it might be refreshing to be Dietrich-free on the subject so thought I would give it a listen.

I can't believe what I just heard - Jerry Corsi and Noory were in negotiations to interview Fidel Castro?   What the bloody hell?
What an acid trip that would have been!   

Nelson just starting to fire up now - hope he is a good 'un!

Ok - well Nelson was not impressive.   *sigh*

Dateline

We have been waiting fourteen years for this!

It appears that there will actually be guests doing something, making psychic predictions.  It is getting more appealing.

TigerLily

Fourteen years of sNoory. Unbuhleebebble  :P.  -GNS

ShayP

I want to listen to this.  I don't know why.  I could turn the radio off, but I can't...and I won't. 

ShayP

1:20 AM and I'm flat on my back eating gummy bears and listening to Noory while occasionally sipping water.  I still haven't resolved my issues.  Nonetheless I should be asleep soon.

JesusJuice

I'd like to wish a happy 14th anniversary to the true King Of Late Night radio. May you have at least 14 more.

Also congratulations on your first novel as well as the successes of Paranormal Date and Conspiracy date.

Good things happen to good people.

ShayP

This is no way to start off the new year.  I think I need better pillows.

Morgus

Quote from: Dateline on January 01, 2017, 10:35:46 PM
We have been waiting fourteen years for this!

It appears that there will actually be guests doing something, making psychic predictions.  It is getting more appealing.
I seem to recall most of Noory's psychic guests tonight all were certain Hillary would win big in 2016...  8)

A little Jorch pool here -  predict the date of the show when Jorch comments how fast the year is going by. There's a good chance it's before January is over.

And how many years is this 'people are acting strange' phenomena going to go on for Jorch?

Jorch the reason you sense time is going faster is that you are old, running out of time, this is true for every human being ever born, dying your hair and moustache black doesn't make you younger, all your alternative health remedies aren't gonna stop Father Time, time might slow down a bit Jorch if you weren't so frightened and obsessed with your own demise.

oh god,  one of his phony psychics - lol he just asked a the phony psychic if this is the year the Anti-Christ makes an appearance and the phony psychic replied 'I'm Jewish I don't believe in the anti-christ' 

this show is one long SCTV skit.

A little Jorch pool here -  predict the date of the show when Jorch comments how fast the year is going by. There's a good chance it's before January is over.

And how many years is this 'people are acting strange' phenomena going to go on for Jorch?

Jorch the reason you sense time is going faster is that you are old, running out of time, this is true for every human being ever born, dying your hair and moustache black doesn't make you younger, all your alternative health remedies aren't gonna stop Father Time, time might slow down a bit Jorch if you weren't so frightened and obsessed with your own demise.

oh god,  one of his phony psychics - lol he just asked the phony psychic if this is the year the Anti-Christ makes an appearance and the phony psychic replied 'I'm Jewish I don't believe in the anti-christ' 

ShayP

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 02, 2017, 12:50:23 AM
oh god,  one of his phony psychics - lol he just asked the phony psychic if this is the year the Anti-Christ makes an appearance and the phony psychic replied 'I'm Jewish I don't believe in the anti-christ' 

LMAO!  Thanks for that.

goldendeal

Jorch in rare form tonight.

Jorch   " so do you think the anti-Christ is here?
Guest                "No I don't"
Jorch "    uhhh, huhhh, so you don't think he is here?
Guest       Well, I don't think he is here and I don't believe in him"
Jorch       what??!!   you don't believe there is an anti Christ?
Guest      no, Im a Jew....
Jorch......   (slience).................
Jorch,        how about that Alan Thicke ? what in the world is going on?       

Way to prepare for the interview Jorch, what was it, a quick read before nodding off to Neil Sedaka's greatest  hits?

ShayP

I feel the urge to give a play by play of this ridiculous show, however it's time to turn the phone off.  Although I could get out of bed and fire up the PC.  Hmmm....

By the way, did I hear correctly when a caller said they described Noory on stage (singing?) as "catching lightning in a bottle?" 

Quote from: goldendeal on January 02, 2017, 12:55:35 AM
Jorch in rare form tonight.

Jorch   " so do you think the anti-Christ is here?
Guest                "No I don't"
Jorch "    uhhh, huhhh, so you don't think he is here?
Guest       Well, I don't think he is here and I don't believe in him"
Jorch       what??!!   you don't believe there is an anti Christ?
Guest      no, Im a Jew....
Jorch......   (slience).................
Jorch,        how about that Alan Thicke ? what in the world is going on?       

Way to prepare for the interview Jorch, what was it, a quick read before nodding off to Neil Sedaka's greatest  hits?

;D

i liked Alan Thicke but he was 69 and he had a heart attack after playing hockey.  This isn't shocking, it happens quite often. It's like Jorch is from another planet and everything is new to him.

A guest mentions anything and he just blurts out the first random free association that enters his mind.

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on January 02, 2017, 12:24:02 AM
This is no way to start off the new year.  I think I need better pillows.

Hey Shay, I started mine off with an ill-advised quesarito coupled with some stale beer and this goofy show.  I don't need a psychic to tell me I'll be chomping down Tums at 3am.