• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 23, 2016, 12:20:20 AM
Take this radio show away from this hack and hypochondriac. I'm emailing Premiere to complain about Jorch and his snake oil shilling 'guests'.  Doesn't the FCC have rules against broadcasters not disclosing that a show or guest is a paid for infomercial rather than a legitimate guest?

Yes, it does. But it takes a number of complaints to act upon and investigate a suspected case of what we call "payola." It's been on our books since the advent of radio in the 1930s -- an attempt to make a supposed "news, editorial or program matter" broadcast attempt to disguise itself when it's actually a sponsor-paid bit without full disclosure.

Citing U.S. law:

"Section 317 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. § 317, requires broadcasters to disclose to their listeners or viewers if matter has been aired in exchange for money, services or other valuable consideration. The announcement must be aired when the subject matter is broadcast. The Commission has adopted a rule, 47 C.F.R. § 73.1212, which sets forth the broadcasters' responsibilities to make this sponsorship identification

Section 507 of the Communications Act, 47 U.S.C. § 508, requires that, when anyone provides or promises to provide money, services or other consideration to someone to include program matter in a broadcast, that fact must be disclosed in advance of the broadcast, ultimately to the station over which the matter is to be aired.  Both the person providing or promising to provide the money, services or other consideration and the recipient are obligated to make this disclosure so that the station may broadcast the sponsorship identification announcement required by Section 317 of the Communications Act.  Failure to disclose such payment or the providing of services or other consideration, or promise to provide them, is commonly referred to as ``payola'' and is punishable by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than one year or both. These criminal penalties bring violations within the purview of the Department of Justice.

Thus, for example, if a record company or its agent pays a broadcaster to play records on the air, those payments do not violate these provisions of the law if the required sponsorship identification information is timely aired by the broadcast station. If it is not aired as required by the Communications Act and the Commission's rules, the station and others are subject to enforcement action.

If record companies, or their agents, are paying persons other than the broadcast licensee (such as the station's Music Director or its on-air personality) to have records aired, and fail to disclose that fact to the licensee, the person making such payments, and the recipient, are also subject to criminal fine, imprisonment or both, for violation of the disclosure requirements contained in Section 507."

In simple terms, if George Noory, his staff or the network is receiving anything of value -- even "free" supplements, in exchange for airing such "news, editorial or program matter" that must be disclosed. Simply stating someone is a "sponsor" may not cover Premiere Networks.   

Further, at no time does George Noory or Premiere Networks air the required Food And Drug Administration disclaimer to listeners and its roughly 600 affiliates. To cover themselves. Noory and Premiere forgets to state: "These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not meant to prevent, treat or cure any type of disease."

Without such disclaimers, that puts things under the examination of the Federal Trade Commission. For perhaps misleading consumers about unproven medical claims. Know they don't act on single or few complaints about possible wrongdoings -- but if enough people suspect wrongdoings and express such concerns to federal agencies, they will probably act on it.

Quote from: Roasting Porch Testicles On An Open Fire (Happy New Year) on December 31, 2016, 03:58:15 AM
He was arguing with this guy and then suddenly took a break to play what sounded like a prerecorded medical infomercial and then just went back to arguing with the caller.

George Noory may have screwed up last night bad. He -- ill-advised -- told the caller that "it's all medically true" when it's legally not. Only FDA-approved and regulated drugs can make such a claim. No disclaimer is ever aired to state to cover Premiere Networks that informs consumers: "These statements have not been have evaluated by the FDA. These products are not meant to prevent, treat or cure any type of disease."

But yet, we heard George Noory claim -- carrying the responsibility of Premiere Networks along the way -- claiming that these supplements are "proven medical science" when they are not under FDA law. That implies George Noory recommends such as "prevention, treatments or cures" when such products don't carry proper FDA approval as such. 

Then after George Noory suffers a meltdown for being called out, he falsely accuses the caller of being "unhappy." For seeing through his deceit. Then tells us he has a "happy caller" in that Cornelius. Someone who admitted to being a convicted felon yet brags about being a "gun" guy. George, convicted felons aren't allowed to own or even handle firearms. In case you don't know our laws, Noory. Any convicted felon who claims to have firearms obtained such illegally, Noory. Got it? Yet, you praise that?

Then Cornelius rants about seeking a Presidential pardon. Not like George Noory questions how a convicted felon claims to have firearms -- or seek to find his location to have him investigated by law enforcement for claiming to be a "guns" guy. Noory attacks the person of reason, then seems clueless when an admitted convicted felon clams to be a "guns" guy.

CornyCrow

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 31, 2016, 10:09:31 AM
You do know we have more eyewitness accounts of Christ than we have of Emperor Tiberius?  The oldest historical accounts we have written about Tiberius come 124 years after his death. That is if you take out the one time he is mentioned in the New Testament.  So I suppose Tiberius was a myth too. You do know that two of the books of the New Testament were written by the brothers of Jesus, Jude and James?
I have no doubts that it was a popular name and that many Jesus' probably existed.  What I am considering is that ALL the attributes assigned to this character may easily not have been validly his. 

zeebo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on December 31, 2016, 05:44:10 AM
... suggest you up your dosage of toomerac (sp?) so that may perhaps in future exchanges you handle both unfair hecklers and constructive criticism alike with a little more grace, (though if I'm honest I must admit that I hope not...I simply enjoy the silliness too much!)

lol it was entertaining ... George was feisty last nite - earlier he'd accused Tommy of trying to derail his show (with what seemed some kind of awkward paranormal performance art).

Then we hear after the pathetic George Noory getting called out, sign off by telling us that "Peter In New York" is in need of "help" for being so "unhappy" because he saw through the falsities that George Noory claims are "truth" and that anyone who disagrees with these hucksters are the issue. That's George Noory. Full of false accusations when he's exposed.

Speaking of exposed and maybe "in need of help for delusions," remember when George Noory claimed he was a standout athlete in high school? He cited his baseball accomplishments as worthy of not only a collegiate scholarship, but even a tryout at age 18 for the Major-League Baseball (MLB) Detriot Tigers? Yes, and I recorded that statement in case he tries to deny it, that he was "so good," as he claims, he could bypass collegiate ball and the minors to go right to the professionals.

Look him up at Harvey S. Lowery High School from 1965 to 1968. There's no evidence he even played  a single sport -- yet was such a standout he had collegiate-athletic scholarships "lined up" for the taking. He often brags on-air about his baseball prowess -- yet, I failed to find a single line of press about him. Not a word. Further, I failed to find George Noory listed a member of the men's "Polar Bears Varsity Club" from 1965 to 1968. Yes, Noory was "so good" at athletics his high school and the local weeklies have no record of it!

What a fake, all. What a fake. I like when stated he excelled at "Baseball, football and track." Then his high-school yearbook and newspaper failed to note this, as he's not listed on even the reserve squads, then Noory not knowing that baseball and track season overlap in the spring. When boys do one or the other, Noory claims to have done both! Amazing. Or more at incredulous and displaying the lack of honesty and character Noory has to this day.

Yes, according to Noory, he was to Major-League Baseball what such as Kobe Bryant and later LeBron James were to the National Basketball Association (NBA). At age 18, straight from high school to the major leagues. Or so Noory claims. We know lies when we hear them -- but Noory is so full of himself he fails to realize his claims can be disproved and he accuses such who exposes his lying self as a "negative" or "unhappy" people.       

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on December 31, 2016, 01:14:52 AM
Oh god is it here so soon?  I'm still processing the infamous 10th anniv. show which as I mentioned earlier is what originally sent me seeking sanctuary here at bellgab (coastgab back then).  I think a few hundred more GNS thread posts should finally bring me resolution, but damn I'll just never catch up at this rate.
My good man (or squirrel, as the case may be.)  I do feel your pain, and I wish to give you support and inform you that there is hope.  Over the next few years, I feel as though you may finally shake the monkey from your back and be done with Dave.  It does take hard work and dedication posting in a supportive environment such as this thread- but it is possible.

I would suggest that next year, on the fifth anniversary of the tenth anniversary show,, that you listen to it again.  Then come here, unload and start the healing process in earnest.

Route 66

Noory also cut off Peter Davenport abruptly after only three very interesting reports. A tough night for our Boy George...

Quote from: Here We Go Again on December 31, 2016, 02:35:45 PM
Then we hear after the pathetic George Noory getting called out, sign off by telling us that "Peter In New York" is in need of "help" for being so "unhappy" because he saw through the falsities that George Noory claims are "truth" and that anyone who disagrees with these hucksters are the issue. That's George Noory. Full of false accusations when he's exposed.

Speaking of exposed and maybe "in need of help for delusions," remember when George Noory claimed he was a standout athlete in high school? He cited his baseball accomplishments as worthy of not only a collegiate scholarship, but even a tryout at age 18 for the Major-League Baseball (MLB) Detriot Tigers? Yes, and I recorded that statement in case he tries to deny it, that he was "so good," as he claims, he could bypass collegiate ball and the minors to go right to the professionals.

Look him up at Harvey S. Lowery High School from 1965 to 1968. There's no evidence he even played  a single sport -- yet was such a standout he had collegiate-athletic scholarships "lined up" for the taking. He often brags on-air about his baseball prowess -- yet, I failed to find a single line of press about him. Not a word. Further, I failed to find George Noory listed a member of the men's "Polar Bears Varsity Club" from 1965 to 1968. Yes, Noory was "so good" at athletics his high school and the local weeklies have no record of it!

What a fake, all. What a fake. I like when stated he excelled at "Baseball, football and track." Then his high-school yearbook and newspaper failed to note this, as he's not listed on even the reserve squads, then Noory not knowing that baseball and track season overlap in the spring. When boys do one or the other, Noory claims to have done both! Amazing. Or more at incredulous and displaying the lack of honesty and character Noory has to this day.

Yes, according to Noory, he was to Major-League Baseball what such as Kobe Bryant and later LeBron James were to the National Basketball Association (NBA). At age 18, straight from high school to the major leagues. Or so Noory claims. We know lies when we hear them -- but Noory is so full of himself he fails to realize his claims can be disproved and he accuses such who exposes his lying self as a "negative" or "unhappy" people.       

I think Jorch should compete in the Iron Man Triathlon.  lol. I bet he has a heart attack after a mile.

Further, don't forget George Noory encouraging and even inciting listeners to harass the Congressional office and social media of Fred Upton (Republican-U.S. Representative for Michigan's 6th congressional district) when he had his "protect the grid" campaign.

I saw that trash posted unjustly to that man's social media. All under the name of one George Noory. Who sent these fools to perhaps violate our laws. 

In case George Noory wasn't aware, it can be a crime under our laws under "47 U.S.C. 223 - Obscene or harassing telephone calls in the District of Columbia or in interstate or foreign communications." Then we heard George Noory maybe be responsible by conspiracy by mass media to do such. What Noory had his fools did can be subject to our laws.

Then we hear Noory state he had some "chat" with U.S. Representative Upton. Then, Noory hasn't issued a word since. Perhaps he learned that encouraging people to violate our laws can be dealt with -- and Premiere Networks will be held accountable. I heard him promise listeners they'd "go after" every elected official who didn't support that "Shield Act."

Then we never heard a word from Noory since. Never admitting he's wrong -- which he is more than not -- his attempt to "scare" elected officials failed. Then Noory retreated back to his little radio show and hasn't tried to do such a dumb thing ever again. "I have power in the media," Noory claimed, as he sought to harass our Congresspeople. 

Then found out he's just a loser who can't compete in the real world. That's Noory -- all talk and fake claims and no credibility in the real world whatsoever.

ItsOver

Thanks, Jorch, for doing your part to help revive the GNS thread for 2017!   Damn, maybe Art will come back one more time, too.

Last night, as George Noory described his high school to college days, he seems to have "forgotten" the claims he made earlier this year ago about his athletic prowess and how even "major-colleges" were considering him. Odd how George Noory "forgets" such when telling people his life story. And how his Dad paid for college when it was him who claimed he was in line for an athletic-collegiate scholarship when no evidence exists at Harvey S. Lowery High School that Noory even played a single sport! Amazing tales such tell.

"What a tangled web we weave. When first we practice to deceive." That's William Shakespeare, George. Take a lesson from him before you claim things that can be disproved. Noory, you do nothing but weave tangled webs of deceit and so many aren't fool enough to fall into such traps you set for gullible and ignorant persons.

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on December 31, 2016, 02:55:00 PM
My good man (or squirrel, as the case may be.)  I do feel your pain, and I wish to give you support and inform you that there is hope.  Over the next few years, I feel as though you may finally shake the monkey from your back and be done with Dave.  It does take hard work and dedication posting in a supportive environment such as this thread- but it is possible.

I would suggest that next year, on the fifth anniversary of the tenth anniversary show,, that you listen to it again.  Then come here, unload and start the healing process in earnest.

Thanks wotr. I've come a long way, but I'm wise enough to know that I must take things day-by-day.  Being exposed to an anniversary show debacle means years of rehabilitation. 

I've taken my turmeric, put on my anti-psychic vampire talisman, analyzed my numerological profile, neutralized all nearby rfid tags, and even in a fit of desperation - cleansed out my torsion field.  But my biggest source of empowerment, comes from the camaraderie with other brethren here who have also stared into the dark abyss of 'the secret door'.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on December 31, 2016, 04:05:01 PM
Thanks wotr. I've come a long way, but I'm wise enough to know that I must take things day-by-day.  Being exposed to an anniversary show debacle means years of rehabilitation. 

I've taken my turmeric, put on my anti-psychic vampire talisman, analyzed my numerological profile, neutralized all nearby rfid tags, and even in a fit of desperation - cleansed out my torsion field.  But my biggest source of empowerment, comes from the camaraderie with other brethren here who have also stared into the dark abyss of 'the secret door'.
He, he, he.  Hello, my name is Its Over.  You can call me IO.  Jorch Noory sucks and I'm an MV'olic. Say it loud, say it proud.  Praise MV.

zeebo

In line with the ever-diminishing of old traditions, tonite's prediction show will be front-loaded with an astrologer & then numerologist for first half, with callers getting a measly half-show afterwords. 

Btw George must be headlining some nye karaoke bash since Dave Shrader's filling in.

Morgus

Quote from: Here We Go Again on December 31, 2016, 01:48:41 PM
Then tells us he has a "happy caller" in that Cornelius. Someone who admitted to being a convicted felon yet brags about being a "gun" guy. George, convicted felons aren't allowed to own or even handle firearms. In case you don't know our laws, Noory. Any convicted felon who claims to have firearms obtained such illegally, Noory. Got it? Yet, you praise that?

Then Cornelius rants about seeking a Presidential pardon. Not like George Noory questions how a convicted felon claims to have firearms -- or seek to find his location to have him investigated by law enforcement for claiming to be a "guns" guy. Noory attacks the person of reason, then seems clueless when an admitted convicted felon clams to be a "guns" guy.
To be precise, Cornelius on the air has said frequently that he is a "bullets and beans" guy... 
Thats an "explosive" combination. 8)

Morgus

There was very few caller predictions recorded last year by Noory since he reduced the time for callers to about 2 hours by adding guests on the last New Year's eve show.
But the c2cam website does link a page showing a summary of most of the predictions for 2016 - all of them totally wrong of course, BONK! BONK!

Here are highlights of some of the callers' predictions for 2016:

Curiously, there were two back-to-back callers named Cornelius. The one from Alexandria, Louisiana foresees an economic collapse in October, while Cornelius from Chico, CA predicts that George Noory will marry Linda Moulton Howe on Christmas day 2016.
    While last year, Nick from Garden City, NY incorrectly predicted that notorious caller JC Webster would guest host a C2C show, JC himself got through to make his own prediction for 2016: namely that he will ascend to the presidency. "Vote for JC, and save America," he exhorted.
    Blair from Sedona believes that several prominent individuals will be so remorseful about their indiscretions and past actions that they will commit suicide.
    Mike in San Bernardino suggested that Google will begin offering online banking services.
    Joe in the Bronx predicts that there will be a movie based on the Coast to Coast AM radio show.
    Ed in Phoenix foresees drastic changes such that Barack Obama will be the last US president, as a kind of global government takes power.
    Mike in West Palm Beach predicts gasoline will go to a $1.00 a gallon, leading to a big economic boom in the US, and a collapse in Russia.
    A caller named Brooklyn from Idaho spoke of a forthcoming radicalization of Christianity that would lead to positive changes.

ItsOver

Wow, those are pretty lousy predictions.  I was never a big fan of Art's prediction shows but anyone of them would be better than Noory's upcoming Super Suck Sunday.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Morgus on December 31, 2016, 09:44:37 PM
There was very few caller predictions recorded last year by Noory since he reduced the time for callers to about 2 hours by adding guests on the last New Year's eve show.
But the c2cam website does link a page showing a summary of most of the predictions for 2016 - all of them totally wrong of course, BONK! BONK!

Curiously, there were two back-to-back callers named Cornelius. The one from Alexandria, Louisiana foresees an economic collapse in October, while Cornelius from Chico, CA predicts that George Noory will marry Linda Moulton Howe on Christmas day 2016.
    While last year, Nick from Garden City, NY incorrectly predicted that notorious caller JC Webster would guest host a C2C show, JC himself got through to make his own prediction for 2016: namely that he will ascend to the presidency. "Vote for JC, and save America," he exhorted.
    Blair from Sedona believes that several prominent individuals will be so remorseful about their indiscretions and past actions that they will commit suicide.
    Mike in San Bernardino suggested that Google will begin offering online banking services.
    Joe in the Bronx predicts that there will be a movie based on the Coast to Coast AM radio show.
    Ed in Phoenix foresees drastic changes such that Barack Obama will be the last US president, as a kind of global government takes power.
    Mike in West Palm Beach predicts gasoline will go to a $1.00 a gallon, leading to a big economic boom in the US, and a collapse in Russia.
    A caller named Brooklyn from Idaho spoke of a forthcoming radicalization of Christianity that would lead to positive changes.

Mike in WPB wasn't that far off,  or at least he was closer than any of those others.  Gas got down locally to $1.35/gal, the cheap gas did help an US economic upturn, and the Russians did take it in the shorts big time when the price of a barrel of oil tanked.  I've even read some speculation the US and Saudis artificially kept oil prices down to punish the Russians for their misadventures in Ukraine.

Quote from: Morgus on December 31, 2016, 09:44:37 PM

Thanks for the reminder these shows are a boring waste of time

Quote from: zeebo on December 31, 2016, 01:14:52 AM
Oh god is it here so soon?  I'm still processing the infamous 10th anniv. show which as I mentioned earlier is what originally sent me seeking sanctuary here at bellgab (coastgab back then).  I think a few hundred more GNS thread posts should finally bring me resolution, but damn I'll just never catch up at this rate.
Happy anniversary, zeeb! I always enjoy your posts

Dateline

Oh what a night covering territory.  I started off a a casino with a band and ended up at the local VFW, my first time ever.  FUN

Morgus

Dave Schrader is reading off alll of last year's c2c caller predictions for 2016 and judging them.
Only one was right - about Hillary not winning the presidential election. ;)
Too bad Dave didn't use the classic "DING and BONK" response for them though.

zeebo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on January 01, 2017, 12:41:09 AM
Happy anniversary, zeeb! I always enjoy your posts

Thanks haha, wishing you many good sumthinz in 2017.   :D

zeebo

Didn't Art use to have the one rule that you can't predict assassinations?  I hope he's not listening to this.   :-\

JesusJuice

Quote from: zeebo on January 01, 2017, 03:10:38 AM
Didn't Art use to have the one rule that you can't predict assassinations?  I hope he's not listening to this.   :-\

If Col. Sanders didn't like they way they made his gravy then he never should have sold KFC to them!  >:(

Morgus

Quote from: zeebo on January 01, 2017, 03:10:38 AM
Yep and also another rule , only 1 prediction per caller.
They are breaking all the old rules multiple times tonight.

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2017, 05:06:45 AM

It all seemed wrong last night.
New Years predictions was probably the best show when Art did it--I think they were more fun than even the Ghost to Ghost shows. Always enjoyed them..
It went down hill after he left.

Last night I gave good Dave a chance..
I first was somewhat amazed that George Noory didnt do the prediction show.. it was almost like a kick in the face to the tradition in a sense. But that was fine, no big loss..
Schrader, who i love on his own show, always seems to become way too overdone on then ADS, the Giam TV, the dating stuff, and the content seems to get lost. I that was particularly the case last night.
I had little to no interest in the show.

The tradition for me is now officially over. No enjoyment at all came from it.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2017, 05:06:45 AM
I know it's hearsay to state that the predictions shows generally suck. But the prediction shows generally suck, and have for a long, long time.