• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on December 28, 2016, 01:59:49 PM
Ian did a good job that night. Norry can't handle predictions, callers, or guests and so he is going more on a personal ancedotes and alternative healings direction of the show.  :(
yeh. Noory doesn't seem to be able to "track" well when the conversation is unexpected. Even when he is talking about or recounting a personal story Noory seems to kind of have a brain freeze or something. Were you able to find your recordings? If not, PM me and I'll find mine for you.

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 28, 2016, 02:06:43 PM
yeh. Noory doesn't seem to be able to "track" well when the conversation is unexpected. Even when he is talking about or recounting a personal story Noory seems to kind of have a brain freeze or something. Were you able to find your recordings? If not, PM me and I'll find mine for you.
Thanks, I'm good. I got them somewhere and no real reason to listen to it again. Yeah, I'm still convinced that English was not Norry's primary language growing up. Besides the normal stammering he has problems with common expressions*, malapropisms, pronunciation ("powerful" being the most aggregious,) etc.

* although funny I don't think he intends to make jokes when he says things like "smokes like a fish" though Norry might have encouraged this guy to write this book!
https://www.amazon.com/Smokes-Other-Malaphors-Unintentional-Blends/dp/0692652205

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 26, 2016, 08:34:50 PMOh he can still broadcast, but he felt doing so consistently was making his tinnitus worse.
Specifically it's the headphones.

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 28, 2016, 01:34:29 PM
...Zeebo, just let me know which night you need an alibi for.

I'm hoping it's one of those things I can just blame on the tequila again.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on December 28, 2016, 01:05:14 PM
Yes, it was going to start in some park in Vancouver and spread from there. Ian tried to goad the guy a bit but he stuck with his story that it wasn't going to be creatures that one might normally attack (wolves, bears, mountain lions, etc) but smaller creatures: beavers, squirrels, etc and even salmon! ....

lol I forgot about the ill-tempered salmon!

BattyBrooke

last night's episode about spontaneous human combustion was full of Noory gold, yet I cannot specifically remember a single quote. Such a loss.

Morgus

Hoagie's Michelle in Japan just called into Noory!

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2016, 01:45:53 AM
Hoagie's Michelle in Japan just called into Noory!

Yep I heard it too .. guess she couldn't wait around for Hoagie forever.   ;)

Ciardelo

Yet, strangely, some might say suspiciously, no comment from Zeebo regarding this breaking news. Of course, Zeebo was with me all day when this happened. I swear.

ItsOver

Art's out, Hoagie's lost, yet The Jorch persists. 

Dateline

Is this not the time of year that Norry takes his vacation?  Instead, he is behind the microphone.  Even that Producer guy is beckoning him at a hotel on Instagram.  See the Coast website.  Could it be he cannot afford to go anywhere exotic? 

Bon Voyage, Norry!  A go fund me is being set up for your world-class trip.  Each Coast listener is requested to give a dollar.  All proceeds go to the vacation fund, because there are no extra administrative expenses.   You have been here for us, and we want you to go away.  There are no excuses.   All expenses are paid. See you in Syria or the Japanese atomic region! 

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 29, 2016, 08:16:43 AM
Yet, strangely, some might say suspiciously, no comment from Zeebo regarding this breaking news. Of course, Zeebo was with me all day when this happened. I swear.

Thanks for backing me up on this - of course I know nothing about it and anyway we were busy volunteering at the church bake sale at the time.

Quote from: Dateline on December 29, 2016, 07:21:31 PM
Is this not the time of year that Norry takes his vacation?  Instead, he is behind the microphone.  Even that Producer guy is beckoning him at a hotel on Instagram.  See the Coast website.  Could it be he cannot afford to go anywhere exotic?...

George is a man of no discernible interests.

Where would he go, what would he do, who would he go with?

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 29, 2016, 09:21:54 PM
George is a man of no discernible interests.

Where would he go, what would he do, who would he go with?
Burbank, ride around a lot, Tommy!

Juan Cena

Oh goody! First half of the show will be all about licking Putin's butt.

I seriously wish that if Dave says something nice about Putin that Ronald Reagan's spirit enters Dave's underground cavern basement, smacks Dave in the face with a baseball bat, and tells Dave "bitch, please."

Ciardelo

Whoever had "drive by the Ramsey house" you just won the Noory vacation destination pool.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 30, 2016, 12:22:10 AM
Whoever had "drive by the Ramsey house" you just won the Noory vacation destination pool.

Trump shacked up with Patsy Ramsey. Had his daughter JonBenet killed.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 30, 2016, 12:28:08 AM
Trump shacked up with Patsy Ramsey. Had his daughter JonBenet killed.

Lame.  ::)

Haven't they deported you yet?!  ???

Dateline

This is nauseating.  The annual listener call-in prediction show has been reduced to a mere two hours on Saturday night with Dave Schrader.  I do not have a problem with Dave Schrader hosting the show, it is the fact that listener participation has been so diminished. 

This is the worst.  The January 1 show is not at all about a subject, but it is Norry's fourteenth celebration show.  It is all about him.  I do not want to hear Norry's ass being kissed by everyone on January 1, and I will not be in the audience. 

Dateline

There is something to think about.  Norry has not done anything special, he did a JOB for fourteen years.  He showed up, that may be more than Art Bell did, but again just another day at the office.

JesusJuice

Quote from: Dateline on December 30, 2016, 12:46:28 AM
There is something to think about.  Norry has not done anything special, he did a JOB for fourteen years.  He showed up, that may be more than Art Bell did, but again just another day at the office.

Just showing up to do a show actually is pretty special. Look at Hoagland, Steve Warner and Amy Martin.

Dateline

Quote from: Roasting Porch Testicles On An Open Fire (Happy New Year) on December 30, 2016, 01:04:20 AM

Just showing up to do a show actually is pretty special. Look at Hoagland, Steve Warner and Amy Martin.

Yes, but he is getting a paycheck, it is not gratius.

JesusJuice

Quote from: Dateline on December 30, 2016, 01:08:25 AM
Yes, but he is getting a paycheck, it is not gratius.

But Hoagland and Martin (I don't know about Warner) took subscriber money for the podcasts and just didn't do the shows.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dateline on December 30, 2016, 12:46:28 AM

Just don't ask him to try and say shrustezak.

GravitySucks

Would we "go back to the era of Mad Max"?  Come in George. When exactly was the era of Mad Max?

mikuthing01

Quote from: Roasting Porch Testicles On An Open Fire (Happy New Year) on December 30, 2016, 01:12:26 AM

But Hoagland and Martin (I don't know about Warner) took subscriber money for the podcasts and just didn't do the shows.

thats just dirty