• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Listening to General Lee

Started by WhiteCrow, October 17, 2018, 11:20:44 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 27, 2018, 12:50:24 AM
Please tell me you're getting good feedback.

I swear it's crickets.  I don't think I have ANY listeners during this shift.  And I really mean that.

They pay me, though.  So, there's that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 27, 2018, 01:48:28 AM
Whomever is choosing music for your station has good taste.

It's kind of a group effort, but the people running the station are actual radio people who actually appreciate music.  So that helps.  Hope you enjoyed my "deep track selection."  I do one of those each hour.

I'm free to modify the playlist in any way I want, but I generally leave it alone.  There isn't enough time in the day.  Occasionally I'll delete something that I refuse to talk in or out of (like Cher's Life After Love), but that's pretty much it.

WOTR

Quote from: Σ> on December 27, 2018, 01:58:12 AM
Occasionally I'll delete something that I refuse to talk in or out of (like Cher's Life After Love), but that's pretty much it.
Any translation of "talk in or out of"?  I'm trying to decide if you dislike it too much to play it, or if you like it too much that you are concerned that talking over some of it to introduce it would ruin it?

I assume it is the later, given her status in certain communities that Liberace may support...  ;)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Σ> on December 27, 2018, 01:54:05 AM
I swear it's crickets.  I don't think I have ANY listeners during this shift.  And I really mean that.

They pay me, though.  So, there's that.

When I lived in Key West with I guess a regular population of 50k...though that seems really high, I knew three of the DJ's that worked at the local station and I wasn't even a radio person, I was a kitchen worker at the time, lol. One night the one that worked between midnight and four AM called and woke me up and said, "Hey, guess what? You won!" apparently she had tried to do a give-away and no one called in so she decided to call someone she knew to give it away.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on December 27, 2018, 02:31:15 AM
Any translation of "talk in or out of"?  I'm trying to decide if you dislike it too much to play it, or if you like it too much that you are concerned that talking over some of it to introduce it would ruin it?

I assume it is the later, given her status in certain communities that Liberace may support...  ;)

I don't want Cher's shit songs killing my soul. That's why.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 27, 2018, 02:37:13 AM
apparently she had tried to do a give-away and no one called in so she had to call someone she knew to give it away.

Christ. I could TOTALLY see that happening if I were to attempt such a thing. I'm voice tracked not live, though, so there's no way to find out what would happen.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Σ> on December 26, 2018, 06:57:33 PM
That's what the station GM told me up front back in April, but I've resisted.

#MeToo

WOTR

Possibly the biggest criticism that I have is that you simply are not living up to the standards that your professional competition has been setting.  How are your local listeners supposed to keep up on the latest if you do not dedicate entire hours and shows to a feud with Heather (or MV, or Keith, or Dave, or even Bart Ell?) 

I believe a new standard in broadcasting had been set a short few weeks ago, when live on affiliate stations LNM chose to broadcast hours of Heather hatred to entertain those who may not have been keeping up on the drama.

Also, are there any pictures from the years that you spent as a dancer?  I do not know how you hope to attract an audience without plastering your ass all over social media.

You should also be sure to quit at least a few times in the new year in order to keep people on their toes and interested.  A few no-shows would also help to increase interest in your brand.  Do you have back pain that you can start hinting at?

Please let me know if you require other helpful hints on how to succeed in radio.  My consultation rates are quite reasonable. ;)

***So far I can say that I do like the music.  I can say that my father would likely be your biggest fan.  Being a good son- I grew up listening to his music, and still enjoy it to this day.  Nice mix.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Σ> on December 27, 2018, 02:39:10 AM
Christ. I could TOTALLY see that happening if I were to attempt such a thing. I'm voice tracked not live, though, so there's no way to find out what would happen.

What? You're not live right now? I don't know what voice tracked means but I'm guessing it means it's you recorded to play at a later time.

I think it would not be a conflict if 'you're so vain' was not such a hit. So, my answer is no. She's a big hit in Newport, RI. It must suck having more money than god.

Corona Kitty

I can't wait to see your spandex photos mv.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 27, 2018, 02:51:00 AM
...I'm guessing it means it's you recorded to play at a later time.

That's right. When you hear my voice, it was recorded many hours earlier. I have a utility that allows me to talk over the music and hear everything exactly as it would have sounded if I were live. It then stitches my recordings into the playlist at exactly the same locations where I recorded earlier in real time. Sometimes it does a shit job of placing my voice, but usually it's passable. I do it all remotely. The station is about 45 minutes from me.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on December 27, 2018, 02:51:23 AM
I can't wait to see your spandex photos mv.

I have issues with body image.     :(

WOTR

Quote from: Liberace! on December 27, 2018, 03:08:38 AM
A lifetime of self hatred and you give me a YouTube video. Ok then.
If only that snot-nosed kid would have finished the plastic surgery and stayed clean.  Then you could have seen your beauty and majesty without the distortion of mirrors.   :(

Roswells, Art

This is the first song that I didn't like. 'I Can Dream About You' or something.

Oh, now it's Stephen Stills, he can do no wrong in my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUmIO_MG5IU

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on December 27, 2018, 03:14:44 AM
If only that snot-nosed kid would have finished the plastic surgery and stayed clean.  Then you could have seen your beauty and majesty without the distortion of mirrors.   :(

He was so selfish, wasn't he?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 27, 2018, 03:16:30 AM
This is the first song that I didn't like. 'I Can Dream About You' or something.

Yeah, that one sucks rather intensely.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on December 27, 2018, 03:08:38 AM
A lifetime of self hatred and you give me a YouTube video. Ok then.

Well, I could send you a few guitars.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on December 27, 2018, 03:28:08 AM
Well, I could send you a few guitars.

I can't play, but fuck it. I'll take them.

Roswells, Art

Wow, nice deep track. I used to be a big Pink Floyd fan but never listened to Barrett's solo stuff even though I heard it was good. I just didn't want to hear a crazy person singing. I thought it might be depressing. On another note, someone I worked with named his first child 'Barrett'.

WeinerInHand

I have a hard time taking Rosie Perez seriously.

Roswells, Art

I always hated Shiny Happy People. It seemed like a money grab. I like Michael Stipe and Kate Pierson. They could have done better, I think.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Liberace! on December 27, 2018, 02:56:12 AM
That's right. When you hear my voice, it was recorded many hours earlier.

Even the weather?! I need to lie down with a cold towel on my forehead.