• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Keith1980

I started listeing to Art back in 1998.

Compleatly shocked that ill never get to hear anything new from him again.  :-[ :'(

My best wishes to his wife and children and all of those who were closest to him.

This is truely a sad lost.

Btw this NIN. password is lost too

Zetaspeak

I understand Noory not wanting to announce a death before he is certain. But when the Nye sheriff department announced it at 1am you think it wouldn't take 90 minutes to confirm. That was pretty much confirmation.

Not sure what to make out of his reaction, it seemed a bit forced but I can't really get into what's in somebody heart.

I normally avoid open lines but wanted to listen but my body gave out about half an hour into it unfortunately .

chefist

Quote from: Keith1980 on April 14, 2018, 11:01:13 AM
I started listeing to Art back in 1998.

Compleatly shocked that ill never get to hear anything new from him again.  :-[ :'(

My best wishes to his wife and children and all of those who were closest to him.

This is truely a sad lost.

Btw this NIN. password is lost too

When are you and MV going to come out as a couple?

ShayP

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 14, 2018, 10:58:36 AM
Caller did that almost every call back when I used to listen to a Noory. That isn’t anything new.

True.  But under the circumstances...

Well, I guess you can't control what the callers say.  But, maybe a "Thank you, but this night is about Art.  Give him thanks."

aldousburbank

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 14, 2018, 11:25:19 AM
I understand Noory not wanting to announce a death before he is certain. But when the Nye sheriff department announced it at 1am you think it wouldn't take 90 minutes to confirm. That was pretty much confirmation.

Not sure what to make out of his reaction, it seemed a bit forced but I can't really get into what's in somebody heart.

I normally avoid open lines but wanted to listen but my body gave out about half an hour into it unfortunately .

Of course there had to be some intrigue at the end.

ShayP

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 14, 2018, 10:49:09 AM
It was over the top.

Yes it was.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 14, 2018, 10:49:09 AM
I do hope it forces George it re-evaluate things in life.

Maybe George can look in the mirror and re-evaluate.

Don't count on it.

ShayP

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 14, 2018, 11:25:19 AM

However Noory feels the need to pretend to be an actor, singer, wise man, etc.  I'm not saying he didn't feel.  He just needed to build up the emotion to make it more palpable.  My cynical 2 cents worth.  ;)

Keith1980

Quote from: chefist on April 14, 2018, 11:38:30 AM
When are you and MV going to come out as a couple?

Ill let him decide 🧚🏼‍♀️

Dateline

My personal fantasy was for Art Bell to present Norry a Hall of Fame Award.

Quote from: ShayP on April 14, 2018, 11:57:03 AM
However Noory feels the need to pretend to be an actor, singer, wise man, etc.  I'm not saying he didn't feel.  He just needed to build up the emotion to make it more palpable.  My cynical 2 cents worth.  ;)

Cynical or honest? I don't think George could ever stomach Art's popularity seeing as how it was exponentially larger than his.

ItsTelly

Cynical or honest? I don't think George could ever stomach Art's popularity seeing as how it was exponentially larger than his.

Honest and most likely correct.  Art had millions and millions of listeners.  I think Noory has 400K on a typical night.

Telly

mike_olsen

Quote from: HorrorReporter on April 14, 2018, 07:45:03 AM
He is either naive to understanding how to make GREAT radio .. how to shift away from the advertising and just do real good radio.
Or he is breathing a sigh of relief that the anchor won't weigh him down anymore. No more coming back rumors for his competition.

Jorch must have really been scared silly when Art launched his Dark Matter radio program back in the fall of 2013. Does anyone remember whether Dark Matter went Head to HEad with Coast and how Coast did ratings wise during those couple of months when Dark Matter was on the air?

RIP Art Bell

I hope the autopsy comes back with a finding they discovered an alien implant and modified DNA that isn't of human origin.

Sean92008

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 14, 2018, 10:21:13 PM
I hope the autopsy comes back with a finding they discovered an alien implant and modified DNA that isn't of human origin.
[LIKE]

Sean92008

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 14, 2018, 08:39:34 PM

Snoory totally knows this.  Why would they play 17 to 25 year old repeats of shows with a host other than Dave Snoory?

When Art so famously said "He gets it," I think this is what he meant.  He will always play second fiddle to Art Bell. There is no doubt that George shows up and does his job but he does not have a tenth of the skill and intelligence...

Keith1980

In remberance to Art i listened to the art of tallk

Uncle Duke

Quote from: mike_olsen on April 14, 2018, 09:31:42 PM
Jorch must have really been scared silly when Art launched his Dark Matter radio program back in the fall of 2013. Does anyone remember whether Dark Matter went Head to HEad with Coast and how Coast did ratings wise during those couple of months when Dark Matter was on the air?

RIP Art Bell

I doubt George or anyone at Premiere took Bell as a serious threat in either 2013 or 2015.

Sean92008

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 14, 2018, 10:46:23 PM
I doubt George or anyone at Premiere took Bell as a serious threat in either 2013 or 2015.

As I recall, there was a lot of stress.  They even played the "He gets it" episode on Somewhere in Time.  His sales team was stressing out.  They blocked guests who were appearing with Art.

The ONLY thing Snoory has on Art Bell is that he shows up to work.  No big drama, just dumb as fuck.

Art Bell understood that radio is theater of the mind, to some degree he played a character but it was a character close to his own, Art was a tech/science geek and open to high strangeness/paranormal possibilities. He knew the audience wanted to believe or suspend disbelief and gave them that kind of show.

Jorch is a mediocre TV broadcast news drone who latched on to a subject area that for a time was very popular. Paranormal phenomena is like pro wrestling in that interest in it waxes and wanes over time.

Jojo

Quote from: mike_olsen on April 14, 2018, 09:31:42 PM

RIP Art Bell
One can consider life a scarce, threatening competition.
Or, one can take what one likes and leave the rest.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 14, 2018, 02:52:07 AM
send emails to Premiere Network Radio inquiring why Coast2Coast plays pre-recorded old content in the last half hour and that you're very disappointed that the host would have such low regard for his audience and employer to do such a thing.
Linda's stuff isnt exactly live either.  In chat George said she wont do it other ways.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 14, 2018, 02:56:36 AM
GN: One of his clashics. I don't know whether what we just heard was a hoax, but I gotta tell you, he always, always......did it his way.
And cue Ol' Blue Eyes.
A caller requested it for Art.  George initially said maybe not, but decided to play it.

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on April 14, 2018, 08:53:16 AM
I found out in a similar manner.  I wasn't sure who he was talking about right away.  When I heard Noory claim to have written a song for Art, I was curious.  Then he played it...Wow.  That was simply nauseating.  It was more of an insult than a tribute.  Plus there were callers thanking Noory for what he does.  What the hell?  Art passes away and these idiots are giving Noory credit for whatever it is he does.
It would have made a great birthday song but i wdnt try that now!  Its like a roast.  Ok, George, take the tones down, lower the pitch.  That would help.

Connie Willis asks her guest how he got into Bigfoot research. Guest tells her 'I had my first experience with a Bigfoot as a young man.' 

'I trembled with fear and I must admit some excitement as his large hairy hand reached out to caress the bare skin of my forearm. I was a shy kid and had not been intimate with anyone, other than with Coach Wolinksky that one time possibly but he had said he was only teaching me how to self examine my testicles for early signs of cancer. The Bigfoot grunted softly taking my hand in his nodding his head in a forward direction. I don't know why but I didn't resist. He led me through a small clearing in the woods where I saw some kind of home, more like a hut made of mud and leaves with a doorway. He pulled me through the doorway, my heart was now beating very fast. There on the floor was a bed made of old rags and clothing Bigfoot must have collected.'

mike_olsen

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 14, 2018, 10:51:38 PM
As I recall, there was a lot of stress.  They even played the "He gets it" episode on Somewhere in Time.  His sales team was stressing out.  They blocked guests who were appearing with Art.

The ONLY thing Snoory has on Art Bell is that he shows up to work.  No big drama, just dumb as fuck.

Yup... I find that totally believable. THere's no way Noory/premiere would be "fine" with Art going head to head with them.. They know in any such situation (which sadly will never happen again) all the serious minded Coast listeners with an ounce of intelligence would jump ship and listen again to Bell, while all the brainless/geriatric listeners who number in the dozens and who always open their phonecalls with "George it is an honor to talk to you; I love your show!", they'd stay with Snoory. Which one do you think would come out on top in that situation, that is if Art was able to continue his show for at least a year?

And also George, can you cut out leaving your show early and playing your Telltale Heart rendition? it's obvious you have no passion for what you do.

George Noory Sucks.

mike_olsen

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 15, 2018, 01:39:54 AM
Connie Willis asks her guest how he got into Bigfoot research. Guest tells her 'I had my first experience with a Bigfoot as a young man.' 

'I trembled with fear and I must admit some excitement as his large hairy hand reached out to caress the bare skin of my forearm. I was a shy kid and had not been intimate with anyone, other than with Coach Wolinksky that one time possibly but he had said he was only teaching me how to self examine my testicles for early signs of cancer. The Bigfoot grunted softly taking my hand in his nodding his head in a forward direction. I don't know why but I didn't resist. He led me through a small clearing in the woods where I saw some kind of home, more like a hut made of mud and leaves with a doorway. He pulled me through the doorway, my heart was now beating very fast. There on the floor was a bed made of old rags and clothing Bigfoot must have collected.'

are you serious, that's what the "guest" said?

I think they have to get rid of Connie Willis.. if this is the calibur of so-called guests she is providing. She really is a naive and foolish one. And, why would they approve such a show. As JOrch would say.. Jeezzzz!

lol no, he did say 'i had my first experience with Bigfoot as a young man' - the rest is my imagination.

Connie Willis is about as bad as it gets, it's like Tommee just went to his local strip mall and poked his head into the Nail Salon and asked if anybody wanted to do an overnight radio show occassionally.

EVEN by Coast's low low standards this guest is a joke, he's a complete kook she obviously found on YouTube. He has found some rocks in Washington state, he believes these are not just normal rocks and stones, they are STORAGE DEVICES containing the knowledge of a previous advanced civilization, presumably extra-terrestrial. He's got that pothead high school dropout vibe, to put somebody like him on a national radio show ...... she should be let go, if you can't find a decent guest when you're only hosting once a month you ain't ready for this gig honey.

Up All Night

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 15, 2018, 01:39:54 AM

The working title of the screenplay for this movie is "The Shape of Noory"