• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Reported Mass Shooting at Texas Baptist Church

Started by Dr. MD MD, November 05, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 05, 2017, 01:58:38 PM
I fear there will be more such events to try to distract our focus from the Uranium One scandal.

Really?? You're not serious, I hope?

This man was yet another violent abuser loser who wanted to kill himself but took others with him. Murder-suicide numbers are up the U.S. It's anyone guess why...But politicizing this tragedy is really stupid, and completely misses the point. Hatred has no boundaries, and as much as many of you want to assign blame, the ugly, violent, primitive impulses that make a human being kill others can't be easily compartmentalized. How very sad.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Juan on November 05, 2017, 06:11:48 PM
So (ha) an armed citizen, probably an evil NRA member, engaged the shooter, who dropped his weapon and ran away.

I am not sure if after 27 people died (tied for 4th in US mass shootings) that this incident is the best example of how guns deter crime.

I am not nearly as anti-gun as some might think I am. But it did show, it all took a guy with what seems like an old school rifle to make a difference. It shows a basic gun can do to protect yourself and stuff like semi-automatic that can wipe out dozen of people at a time is only needed for the worst intentions

Why I always respect guys like albrecht even though we disagree politically, you always come to this with a level head. I have notice when this sort of stuff happens there's a very strong and choreographed group of alt-righters on twitter putting out the same fake news. 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Zetaspeak on November 05, 2017, 09:59:24 PM
I am not sure if after 27 people died (tied for 4th in US mass shootings) that this incident is the best example of how guns deter crime.

I am not nearly as anti-gun as some might think I am. But it did show, it all took a guy with what seems like an old school rifle to make a difference. It shows a basic gun can do to protect yourself and stuff like semi-automatic that can wipe out dozen of people at a time is only needed for the worst intentions

Why I always respect guys like albrecht even though we disagree politically, you always come to this with a level head. I have notice when this sort of stuff happens there's a very strong and choreographed group of alt-righters on twitter putting out the same fake news. 

Yeah, I wondered what the good guy used to challenge the shooter.  You have a source that references what was used?

albrecht

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 05, 2017, 09:53:41 PM

This man was yet another violent abuser loser who wanted to kill himself but took others with him. Murder-suicide numbers are up the U.S. It's anyone guess why...But politicizing this tragedy is really stupid, and completely misses the point. Hatred has no boundaries, and as much as many of you want to assign blame, the ugly, violent, primitive impulses that make a human being kill others can't be easily compartmentalized. How very sad.
I blame Hollywood and media. Kidding. Sorta. Not really, I guess. I blame, in part, a nihilistic culture where "fame," even if "infamy," is the goal, regardless of how done, where there is confusing or weird relativistic thinking and nihilism is encouraged. But you get "likes" and "fame," whether punching out a random person, raping some girl, or shooting folks. Livestream if possible! If not news and your name will be out there! Even if you can't enjoy it now maybe in your next life or some bs. Of course such things have always happened but, like everything, technology can make it easier/worse.

And a generation is being raised on ultra-realistic "games" in which killing is the goal and shooters can just "reboot" if killed and start over. I'm not blaming 100% on video games, Hollywood (how many murders does a kid see these days on tv,) but that without some moral compass (sorry to use a trite, over-used term) and without a moral objective to same it doesn't surprise me, sadly. Nihilism and want of fame is my analysis (not necessarily for this case but in general.)

There is a difference, at least to me, to see gun-play or violence in a tv show (or even a "game") but- most importantly- Hollywood etc in the past few decades (and accelerating) using a valueless judgement on them. The "good guy" doesn't win, the "anti-hero," the "serial killer you are 'rooting for'," the "got back at the system/bully/etc," in addition to the usual nihilistic motif of "take everyone out with you." Or, even worse, maybe, the sad phenomena of loser who feel like they must take out their family or others because society is broken, "I can't have them, it, or whatever" pathetic excuses- the so called 'family annihilators,' cultists, etc.

And then you have the 'system' (not saying happened here- by any means) taking people into multiple deployments, feeding them drugs, saving them from awful injuries (good but, oddly, problematic without follow-up sometimes,) and discharging them (often on charges CAUSED by the prescriptions, long waits, deployments, and injuries) and damaged without resources but training and access to weapons. And, in general, not just Veterans but especially them as we've seen in the VA scandals, if someone seeks help is stigmatized, outlawed from things, or ignored by waiting lists...or just given more drugs (sometimes they help, I'm not a anti-drug guy totally) by some doctor without proper oversight, counseling, therapy, or whatever.

I also am not discounting other theories as the "situation is fluid" and "narratives change" and one never knows about "radicalization" - or whatever, even "on radar," or worse.  But commenting, in general, about the culture, or lack thereof, on the phenomena of this, and other, kind of stuff. Which has always happened but also now due to media more people know about (and copy, try to "beat?")

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on November 05, 2017, 11:23:35 PM
Shotgun, according to this "report." But very vague in detail on it.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-patrick-kelley-idd-as-sutherland-springs-church-killer
This "news" says rifle:
http://nypost.com/2017/11/05/hero-neighbor-got-his-rifle-shot-at-texas-church-gunman/
Interview from guy who chased him here:
https://www.ksat.com/news/woman-says-boyfriend-gave-chase-to-sutherland-springs-church-shooting-suspect

A man with a shotgun better be close to a bad guy with an AR, and he better have balls, if he's intent on challenging him.  In this case, however, sounds like the shooter bolted when the good guy showed up armed.  Coward.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 05, 2017, 11:54:54 PM
A man with a shotgun better be close to a bad guy with an AR, and he better have balls, if he's intent on challenging him.  In this case, however, sounds like the shooter bolted when the good guy showed up armed.  Coward.
Especially if he just had light loads for dove season etc. I'm sure he will get on "Ellen" and late night tv for disrupting, or ending, the attack. Yeah, right. I ramble on this event but upset. Close to home, not that it should matter. But shooting people in church and the media's "takes" suck. I hope the citizen will not be harassed or try fame and the families won't be harassed by media.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 05, 2017, 10:15:24 PM
Yeah, I wondered what the good guy used to challenge the shooter.  You have a source that references what was used?

I got the rifel impression from page 1. But you're right everything post shooting seems oddly vague. Since I last read reports they haven't determined how or who shot the suspect... Huh?

So sad to hear about this.  I've been out of the loop for the past 24 hours.  May God help the victims and their families get through this tragedy. :'(

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 06, 2017, 04:15:06 AM
May God help the victims and their families get through this tragedy. :'(

I'd honestly rather get shot through the cerebellum than fall for this malarkey. Consider the reality--there are far more victims of one, than the other.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 05, 2017, 09:53:41 PM

Grow up!  ::)

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 06, 2017, 08:07:28 AM
Grow up!  ::)

Sometimes I wish you weren't such a faggot, because I agree 100's with you on this. Pud, you're a guest in this country and you don't' understand it. You really should shut the fuck up about things you don't have the capability to understand intellectually, nor do you have the right to comment upon. Also, Brits are pussies and can't fight for shit.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 06, 2017, 08:17:50 AM
Sometimes I wish you weren't such a faggot, because I agree 100's with you on this. Pud, you're a guest in this country and you don't' understand it. You really should shut the fuck up about things you don't have the capability to understand intellectually, nor do you have the right to comment upon.

I wasn't responding to pud, you horrible faggot troll.  ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 05, 2017, 09:40:15 PM
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/5/chelsea-handler-blames-republicans-church-shooting/

Apparently she was not "casting couched", guess she had to find someway to get her name in the media.
I never heard of Chelsea Handler.  When I read your website link, I thought it was going to be about some Chelsea Clinton flunkee.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Yes, he's white so the Democrats must be having a circle jerk over this BUT, based on his Facebook profile, he's a leftist kook who was led on by his leaders. Let's see how they try to spin this one.

Zetaspeak

So it looks like his family goes to the church (including his monther-in-law) and it was a domestic thing with his history of violence with his wife.

The story is he was denied a licence but purchased four guns over the years anyways.

By the way are all of these mass murders done with AR 15? But Trump said it not a gun issue but a mental health issue, the same mental health issues that he made a law allowing them to buy guns (which again is not an issue)

Jackstar

Quote from: ItsOver on November 06, 2017, 08:59:56 AM
I never heard of Chelsea Handler.

A shill so transparent, she's practically invisible.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on November 06, 2017, 12:57:39 PM
The story is

Hey, how's Hillary doing in your latest polls?

Gd5150

Amazing how little investigative journalism is done on the effects of psychotropic drugs and their link to mass killings/suicides.

Will Wheaton leads the libtard left with his intelligent input. About as much intelligence in that boy as acting abilty.

https://youtu.be/o4MEYz67iN0