• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

There's a sudden catch, an intake of breath, then usually, "Yeah!" or "You ...

Started by gadgeteer, August 26, 2012, 01:04:09 PM

gadgeteer

... listen to it, too? Great! " or similarly enthusiastic statements whenever I ask overnight long distance  truckers in a local Walmart parking lot if they listen to Coast 2 Coast. Really, it's kinda heartbreaking AND heartwarming to see faces light up at the recognition of something familiar to their lives and shared by people all over the country. A sense of community when they are so far from home.
Yeah, I'm out here ALL night, every night. Most conversations take place between 3-4:30 am. I'm happy to report of the 13 guys and 2 wives, only 3 were dissatisfied with economic disaster talk and possible forced control to maintain order,  "in event of ..." Some have experienced strange things in their travels, pretty much lights in the night time sky and one driver gave me goosebumps that his CB PAL can pick up old or haunty transmissions whenever he comes close to accidents that happened years ago. Of course, he coulda been joshing, but the thoughts of it actually happening out there on a lonesome highway, creepy. Thank you, Truckers, for keeping America moving in the right direction!

stevesh

Great post. I'm more inclined to thank truckers for their service than I am military veterans.

You're right - we forget sometimes about the community that C2C provides, despite its current hosting shortcomings.