• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

College Football Anyone?

Started by Zircon, July 14, 2012, 11:47:22 AM

Zircon

I am a rabid college football fan and have been so since sneaking onto the sidelines during a Missouri at Oklahoma game in 1959. My favorite team, as you might expect, is the Oklahoma Sooners - the most successful program since the end of WWII and beginning in the fall of 1945. So, just wondering if any of you are starting to get college football on the mind? Favorite teams ... predictions for 2012?

coaster

I've lived in Nebraska for nearly 30 years and was a huge Cornhuskers fan. I think its required if you live in Nebraska. Then I sat back and took a hard look at the team. They are now in the Big Ten, have the two Pelini thugs running the show, and they think they are hot shit. I've lost interest in the team. The only time they were good is when Tom Osbourne was coach. I am a Missouri fan though. Its my home away from home. I couldnt care less about the NFL. The only thing college football has going for it is passion for the game, which does not exist in the NFL.

I became a Boise State fan when I moved to Boise in 2004, and I was about 10 years old at the time.  I've got season tickets every year, and I went to the Fiesta Bowl (not the 2007 one, the 2010 one against TCU)  I'm a Bronco 'till the day I die.

kf5iwe

LSU Fighting Tigers!! I have posted before about Noory and Les Miles being one and the same. Just watch a Miles press conference some time. Noory leaves early on friday night to get to Baton Rouge :o

Zircon

Wow, its been awhile since anybody posted here.

So you're an LSU fan? I have to admit you guys have one hell of a great football team. But I also must say, and I hope you're not one of them, they have terrible, rabid football fans.

Les Miles ... I don't like the man and I relish the moment whenever he is defeated. Not often (enough) to be sure but in last year's BCS title game, I loved Alabama's effort and dominance. A complete shutdown.

Many are giving Oklahoma one of the positions to play for the title this year. They are all going to be wrong in my estimation as OU has to finish out at West Virginia and at TCU while hosting Oklahoma State. They'll lose at least one of those final three. Not a problem with me as they usually lose when playing for the title so why invite more heartache? They've won three bowls in a row now and I'd be happy with a fourth - anywhere.

LSU is going to be going up against Alabama again for the SEC West title. Fortunately for the Bayou Bengals, they play in Baton Rouge. And don't worry about Texas A&M as they'll be playing vs. Ole Miss to see who stays out of the SEC West cellar. They were really dumb heading to the SEC as they will be a dormat for years.

kf5iwe

I am one of them. That BCS game was not a dominant preformance by that girls school from alabama. They did not score a touchdown untill the fourth quarter. LSU could have won that game but for Miles, he threw the game. Some of the players went to him in the locker room before the game and told him that Jefferson did not have it and he needed to play Lee instead. Miles was so enraged he benched those players (Hebert, Lee, others) and refused to let them play. Heberts father knew this thus his actions in the post game press conference. I know some of the players. At the begining of the 3rd quarter Jefferson thought he would be benched for Lee and was suprised to be sent out on the field. Thats when the lsu defense gave up, it took the alabama offense another quarter to score. Fuck Les Miles/ George Noory.
But a new season comes and hope springs eternal
HOLD THAT TIGER!!!!

Zircon

Is there something in the crayfish down there that make you LSU folks so damned insane? Too much "BP"?

Juan

It amazed me that the coaches' poll had 5 SEC schools in the top 10 - 1-LSU, 2-Alabama, 6-Georgia, 9-South Carolina, 10-Arkansas.  In all, 11 schools got votes in the top 25.

If we're going to lose to Michigan St. the first game of the year, I hope at least we put up a fight.  We're only returning around 5 starters, yet we're still ranked in the USA Today top 25 preseason poll.

Even if we lose that game, we're still favorites to win the conference by a country mile.  The only team in our way is.......Nevada.  Again.

kf5iwe

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 05, 2012, 10:17:24 AM
It amazed me that the coaches' poll had 5 SEC schools in the top 10 - 1-LSU, 2-Alabama, 6-Georgia, 9-South Carolina, 10-Arkansas.  In all, 11 schools got votes in the top 25.
Why? The last 6 champions came from the SEC. Its called dominance. Get used to it. TIGERS!!!
Nothing in the crawfish. Just ice cold adult beverage