• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

8ch.net censorship. Invite anon refugees here to bellchan

Started by DanTSX, August 06, 2019, 07:12:41 AM

WOTR

Quote from: Liberace! on August 12, 2019, 09:55:14 PM
Ellgab: BellGab's external karma point system.
I actually went to log in to monitor my karma and see if it fell... But I can't seem to recall my password.   >:( :(

Lilith

Quote from: WOTR on August 13, 2019, 02:30:41 AM
I actually went to log in to monitor my karma and see if it fell... But I can't seem to recall my password.   >:( :(

TMI

AZZERAE

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 12, 2019, 03:24:19 PM
You are not the Brig who joined us are you?  Has BG led to an evolution on your world view?  Or are you her son, and she died a year ago, and you are keeping her web presence alive as 'proof' to the SSecurity dudes that they should keep sending her checks?

Asking for a friend.

*ruh-roh*

WildCard

Quote from: malachi.martini on August 12, 2019, 08:48:18 AM
It's like you consulted a think tank of giga boomers to craft the perfect boomer sentence. Impressive.

If I had a, "think tank", don't you think I could of strung together a less clunky sentence? C'mon Padre! Cut me some slack. I'm only one man, some days less

Metron2267

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on August 14, 2019, 03:48:02 PM
Your generation cant spot an enemy

And yours can't even kill a real one.

Given your chronological suitability for armed service, which is worse?

Jojo

Quote from: Richard Groyper on August 12, 2019, 08:43:55 PM
EllGab employing a social credit score was a massive blunder as others have pointed out.

i have nothing personally against Bart. tbh i only had a handful of interactions with him and they were all pleasant.

in the end, posting over there wasn't challenging enough for me to be fun.

game over.
I kind of like the karma thing, although I think there should be limits both high and low.  Like, karma should bottom out at negative half your post number.  And it should top out of positive half your post number.  All things in moderation.

I've found the karma to be a learning experience.  But it also can be very superficial, like people posting popular gifs or whatever just for the karma bump.

Going forward, I would like to see who gave the karma or smite.  Really.

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on August 13, 2019, 02:29:02 AM
That is a really interesting comment / commentary. I seem to recall that Bart was smitten with you. I assume that for him, you represented something that he found lacking...
The way I see it, Bart just loves a good time.  And Groyper knows how to do that.

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on August 13, 2019, 02:30:41 AM
Karma over 200.  Posts over 600.

Metron2267

Quote from: Tangerine on August 16, 2019, 12:04:31 AM
I kind of like the karma thing, although I think there should be limits both high and low.  Like, karma should bottom out at negative half your post number.  And it should top out of positive half your post number.  All things in moderation.

I've found the karma to be a learning experience.  But it also can be very superficial, like people posting popular gifs or whatever just for the karma bump.

Going forward, I would like to see who gave the karma or smite.  Really.
Because without that it's no more than an anonymous blackball/popularity contest - which is why it means nothing more than the sand kicked in your face as a child at the beach.

Bart seeks to control by determining who will or will not be liked. Bart will even bump or diminish a karma score to suit his own mercurial moods and personal peccadilloes.

so why do you embrace the ratings of a manipulative fascist?

Metron2267

Quote from: Tangerine on August 16, 2019, 12:07:50 AM
The way I see it, Bart just loves a good time.  And Groyper knows how to do that.
What kind of "good time"?

The kind where he gets to play statist dictator?

Ellgab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op7IgFbT8l0

be seeing you...

WOTR

AZZERAE

Quote from: Tangerine on August 16, 2019, 12:07:50 AM
The way I see it, Bart just loves a good time. And Groyper knows how to do that.

It never ceases to amaze me how much leeway you grant anyone who isn't me. Everything is a game to Richard, yet you play cheerleader to his psychopathy, and demonize my genuine slip-ups in perception.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm one of the rare few who is open to having my mind changed.

Jojo

Quote from: Karo on August 16, 2019, 12:10:42 PM
What kind of "good time"?

The kind where he gets to play statist dictator?

Ellgab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op7IgFbT8l0

be seeing you...
Liberace!:  The Free Spirit.  Authoritarian and liberal but usually decent.
Bart:  The Father.  Autocratic and conservative and ever indecent.

It's a merry mix we have.  Something for everyone and every mood.

Uh, what did he do to you?

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on August 16, 2019, 11:33:30 PM
Thanks. Good to know that I'm universally loved.  :)
Be wary - Those who please "everyone" tread a thin line and popularity/fame is a cold lover...

Jojo

Quote from: Karo on August 16, 2019, 12:06:51 PM
Because without that it's no more than an anonymous blackball/popularity contest - which is why it means nothing more than the sand kicked in your face as a child at the beach.

Bart seeks to control by determining who will or will not be liked. Bart will even bump or diminish a karma score to suit his own mercurial moods and personal peccadilloes.

so why do you embrace the ratings of a manipulative fascist?
Is it really manipulative?  I mean, it's his forum.  He can do what he wants.  As far as I can tell, posters know what he does soon after he does it so it's not like it's that deceptive. 

But it would be nice to see the anonymous names on a going-forward basis with enough advance notice and constant notice, too.

As for black-balling, low karma is nothing to be ashamed of.  Unless it keeps tanking deeply into the negative.  I've had comparatively low karma all year & it would be even lower if I didn't stop and think about it once in a while.  I guess I appreciate the reminder.  Even with low karma, I've always felt welcomed, though.

But I still say there should be karma limits, high and low.  That would cut down a little on the popularity contest and more people would be in a reasonable range together.

I like being able to give a karma point when I'm too busy to write a thoughtful reply.

Some of Bart's unilateral decisions have made my day.  He is a fatherly dictator, there is no denying that.  I'm not real fond of rated-X humor, but other than that, Bart is a refreshing, proactive moderator with a warm heart & a sense of humor.

And, Liberace! is a fair-minded, independent-minded, freedom-loving, intelligent, inquisitive moderator who keeps us on our toes.

Do you think Liberace! was kidding recently when he said this forum is now owned by Falkie2013?  I think he was joking, right?  Falkie2013 hasn't posted in years, and one of his last posts was rude to Liberace!.

paladin1991

Quote from: Tangerine on August 17, 2019, 01:40:21 AM*snip*
Monica, your postings have changed quite a bit.  Won't you catch us up a bit on your group home existence?  It's been forever since you have posted about binging on goodies and arguing with the harridan you roomed with. 

Metron2267

Quote from: Tangerine on August 17, 2019, 01:17:44 AM
Liberace!:  The Free Spirit.  Authoritarian and liberaltarian  but usually decent. (fify)
Bart:  The Father.  Autocratic and conservativetumacious and ever indecent.

It's a merry mix we have.  Something for everyone and every mood.

Uh, what did he do to you?
The same thing he does to any dissenters.

Uighur much?

Metron2267

Quote from: Tangerine on August 17, 2019, 01:40:21 AM
Is it really manipulative?  I mean, it's his forum.  He can do what he wants.  As far as I can tell, posters know what he does soon after he does it so it's not like it's that deceptive.

You clearly have forgotten the broad "grace period" he granted after kidnapping Bellgab. Pure bait and switch, wasn't it? Be honest.

QuoteBut it would be nice to see the anonymous names on a going-forward basis with enough advance notice and constant notice, too.

As for black-balling, low karma is nothing to be ashamed of.  Unless it keeps tanking deeply into the negative.  I've had comparatively low karma all year & it would be even lower if I didn't stop and think about it once in a while.  I guess I appreciate the reminder.  Even with low karma, I've always felt welcomed, though.

Clear signs of Stockholm syndrome my dear. This isn't your first rodeo of that kind either, now is it?

QuoteBut I still say there should be karma limits, high and low.  That would cut down a little on the popularity contest and more people would be in a reasonable range together.

Why is this necessary?

Do you want a karma point tag for when you walk into a client's home too?

Would you like your home health aide physical work skills graded as a mere popularity contest by your colleagues?

QuoteI like being able to give a karma point when I'm too busy to write a thoughtful reply.

For that there's a +1 or simple emoticon - less permanent and equally vapid.

QuoteSome of Bart's unilateral decisions have made my day.  He is a fatherly dictator, there is no denying that.  I'm not real fond of rated-X humor, but other than that, Bart is a refreshing, proactive moderator with a warm heart & a sense of humor.

I heard this guy was beloved by some too:

QuoteAnd, Liberace! is a fair-minded, independent-minded, freedom-loving, intelligent, inquisitive moderator who keeps us on our toes.

SLUUURP!

QuoteDo you think Liberace! was kidding recently when he said this forum is now owned by Falkie2013?  I think he was joking, right?  Falkie2013 hasn't posted in years, and one of his last posts was rude to Liberace!.

I never second guess Lee, his wit is inscrutable and flighty at once.

WOTR

Quote from: Tangerine on August 17, 2019, 01:40:21 AM
Do you think Liberace! was kidding recently when he said this forum is now owned by Falkie2013?  I think he was joking, right?  Falkie2013 hasn't posted in years, and one of his last posts was rude to Liberace!.
I think Lee is still in control today. He has to use teamviewer to show George how to run the backend software before total control is turned over.

My biggest concern is that if we don't each donate to George's internet fund that he will "forget" to pay the bill and we will all be refugees without a home.

*Please donate to the Sendasuperfund. A great trust fund with an excellent administrator.  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: WildCard on August 14, 2019, 01:52:07 PM
If I had a, "think tank", don't you think I could of have strung together a less clunky sentence? C'mon Padre! Cut me some slack. I'm only one man, some days less
I'd say most days you're less than a man, and that's being generous.
Do yourself two favors.
1. Grow a pair.
2. Get a life.  IRL.
Bonus.  Be happy. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 18, 2019, 09:54:52 AM
Do yourself two favors.
1. Grow a pair.
2. Get a life.  IRL.
Bonus.  Be happy. ;)

^^^^^^^^^^
Pathetic Ellgab-style trolling.

Always end on a happy note for the karma. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 18, 2019, 09:54:52 AM
Do yourself two favors.
1. Grow a pair.
2. Get a life.  IRL.
Bonus.  Be happy. ;)

Learn how to keep a man. Then lecture men on how to be one.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 18, 2019, 12:17:18 PM
^^^^^^^^^^
Pathetic Ellgab-style trolling.

Always end on a happy note for the karma. ;)
I almost always end on a  happy note, cause that's what I do.

Hey, Doc.  I hope and pray something especially wonderful happens for you within the next 24 hours starting now.  You won't need to tell me.  I'll know.  Be happy, my friend. ;) ;D