• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

Saffy

QuoteNow that Quinn's here, does everybody want to dose?

No, but I will jump for joy. I just have to be careful not to land on any pigeons that are running to him.

Max Level

'Lo there.
Old time C2C listener, but new to this board.
Seems all the others are busy kissing noorys ass to get a mention on the air. Not for me. BTW...nice place ya have here.
As someone posted abit earlier, whatever happened to the Nitehawk zone? They gone now? I thought they were noorys bestest buddies.
Oh well. I wont be posting too much, but Ill keep reading. You folks are a funny bunch.

onan

Quote from: Max Level on May 23, 2011, 04:47:59 AM
'Lo there.
Old time C2C listener, but new to this board.
Seems all the others are busy kissing noorys ass to get a mention on the air. Not for me. BTW...nice place ya have here.
As someone posted abit earlier, whatever happened to the Nitehawk zone? They gone now? I thought they were noorys bestest buddies.
Oh well. I wont be posting too much, but Ill keep reading. You folks are a funny bunch.

Welcome, Max Level
I think you will find a welcoming bunch here. Make yourself at home. Don't be afraid of the deep end of the pool, jump in...

Scully

Welcome, Max Level.  Hope you'll change your mind about not posting much.  :)

Max Level

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 23, 2011, 09:27:00 PM
Hey Max.

How goes?

Howdy AO. I feel like Ive been run over by a bus. But, this will pass.
Im gettin' older...and work sucks. I think I got ruptured last Saturday.
Hallylewya. Lets pass the basket around just one more time...  ;)

Scully

Quote from: the_wanderer on May 24, 2011, 03:05:22 AM

If  you haven't notice I'm a Johnny Cash fan. :)

Believe it or not, Wanderer, Johnny Cash was my third cousin .. we shared a great-great-grandfather.  I liked him a lot even before I found that out.  See, we have something in common.  :)

By the way, I liked you just fine until you started using Johnny's most unflattering picture ever as your avatar.  Sure wish you'd reconsider that one.

And, also, who are you calling a MoFo?  Just sayin'  :-[

BobGrau

been splashing all over another thread already, but I guess this is the place to officially say 'hi folks'

I'm in the UK so never hear the show live - i can't fcking stand commercials*, especially american ones - but i've been collecting mp3s through fair means or foul over the last 6-7 years or so - only in the last year or two finally got 'caught up' to recent shows.

I was long reluctant to throw my hat in with the GNS crowd, but the silence over art's departure was the last straw. I'll expand on both these statements elsewhere, atm i'm too busy reading what's already been said.

*of course, the whole damn show feels like a commercial sometimes, but if there's one area I'm good at, it's suspension of disbelief.

Kingaling

Hello From East Of The Rockies,

I have been listening to Art Bell since High School. There seems to be a huge ECHO in these threads about how the new host of C2C is driving the show into the ground.  As of late I have attempted to "Tough It Out" and listen in on Georges shows, I just cant figure out what it is about him that doesn't keep me interested.  He doesn't seem to be able to ask the right questions at the right times or how to take interest in certain things.  However ART did it is a mystery.  But one of the many things that stood out about ART is that he would never try to convince anyone into believing anything. He would bring the guests on the show ask them questions and let the listeners decide for themselves.  If if you strongly disagreed, he saw both sides of the coin.  If you wanna hear an example of what Art didn't sound like, Listen to Alex Jones.  Wow, that guy is over the top in conspiracy. Now if i only had a way to listen to Art Bell "old streams" on my blackberry.  Used to use flycast- that stopped working.  Switched to "tunein" radio, now that only works half the time.   What does a guy do to get his fix of old art streams w/ out a PC..

Kingaling

Centurion40

Hi Everyone,

I just found this site whilst seeking to find where the CoastGab stream went, as I can't seem to find it on Shoutcast anymore.  Boohoo!

Now that I know you all are here, I suspect that I will be a regular visitor.

EvB

Quote from: Centurion40 on June 08, 2011, 12:39:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just found this site whilst seeking to find where the CoastGab stream went, as I can't seem to find it on Shoutcast anymore.  Boohoo!

Now that I know you all are here, I suspect that I will be a regular visitor.

Greetings Centurion!

Centurion40

Thanks eh.

I must admit that I am a bit excited to be in the midst of other admirers of general weirdness!!!

Becky

Hello! My name is Becky. My Fiance first introduced me to Coast to Coast five years ago when we met. I enjoy the show for the most part. I don't really listen to the shows that have Cryptozoology as the subject as well as a few others. For the most part the show is excellent though. Those subjects don't really intrest me that is probably why we don't really listen those nights. Fortunately my fiance feels the same way and we have the exact same interests when it comes to subject matter for the show. I don't really listen to the radio much other than to listen to Coast to Coast. My other interests include: Singing,Writing, and studying psychology as well as many other intrests. I plan to go back to school when I can afford to and finish up my A.A. Degree and then go back for psychology. I am fairly personable and compassionate so if anyone on here wants to converse whether it be on here on AIM or any other way. I enjoy people and stimulating conversation so I will be up for it. I hope everyone out there is doing awesome and I am sure being on this forum will be a positive experience.    :)    Nice to meet you all and I look forward to our conversation.      :)

EvB

Quote from: the_wanderer on June 11, 2011, 11:10:58 PM
Has anyone else ever looked at EvB's avatar and wondered what  is under her hand?

It's a magical tattoo - I'm to allowed to show it to the uninitiated.  :P

valdez

Quote from: Becky on June 11, 2011, 10:36:01 PM
Hello! My name is Becky....Nice to meet you all and I look forward to our conversation.      :)
Quote from: BobGrau on May 27, 2011, 08:38:44 AM
been splashing all over another thread already, but I guess this is the place to officially say 'hi folks'

Quote from: Centurion40 on June 08, 2011, 12:39:58 PM
Hi Everyone,
Quote from: Kingaling on June 08, 2011, 11:45:36 AM
Hello From East Of The Rockies...

Welcome new and recent Coastgabbers.

boy-alone-writing

Afixer

Hi All!  Thank the Lord I had sense enough to join streamlink years ago and download Coast to Coast episodes when Art was still with us. I have them playing on my PC 24/7. I still fall to sleep every night listening to Art. Hope he's happy after all he's been through but the void he left in Talk Radio is painfully apparent. He listened to his guest instead of concentrating on the next shallow question to ask them while they spoke...we all know who does that. Well, I'm a baby boomer who hopefully can find some measure of solice here with like minded Coast fans. Look forward to making some new friends here. Enjoy the day! :)

anagrammy

Quote from: Quinn on May 14, 2011, 01:27:39 AM
Oh my gosh this site is sheer awesomeness. I belonged to the NH Zone awhile back, but I was disappointed by their Noory adoration and the lack of snark. I'm pleased to have found a forum that is just about the polar opposite. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Glad to meet you, Quinn.  This site is awesome because of Michael V.  You don't get that paternalistic over-managed, principal-of-the-school feeling with being scolded.  MV lets posters express themselves as tactlessly as they want--and if people are over the top, the other posters usually take them to task.  What is over the top?  Hmmm.  Recipes for cooking human flesh, maybe.

LOL

Anagrammy Snark

Quote from: anagrammy on June 14, 2011, 12:52:02 PM
Recipes for cooking human flesh, maybe.

We could make jerky out of it. Or use some apple-chips in a smoker to give it that extra zing.

But seriously now, depending on how much of it you have I'd recommend hollowing it out, tanning it and wearing it like a garment. Not only will you absorb the powers and abilities of whoever it belonged to, but you'll also intimidate your enemies and likely raise a hell of a following while you're at it.

Whatever path you choose to follow, just make sure you eat the brains first to absorb their wisdom.

onan

Quote from: Agent : Orange on June 14, 2011, 01:35:59 PM
We could make jerky out of it. Or use some apple-chips in a smoker to give it that extra zing.

I prefer the flesh rolled up with some red peppers and coarse salt in a leafy cabbage shell. Then buried in early winter until spring thaw. Yummy.

Scully

Welcome to "all y'all" new people and particularly to Affixer, whom I don't believe has yet been mentioned.

We're a friendly bunch for the most part.  We don't throw rocks at each other (often), which is why I keep coming back here for more chuckles and as an adjunct to my primal scream therapy.  :-* 

Join the party!!

anagrammy

Welcome to Affixer, too- Scully and I are BB's too and we're jealous of your AB collection.  I try to listen to the streaming old AB shows, but alas, the war between the demons and angels goes on in the dimension of cyberspace, right outside my sliding glass door and gets in the way of my wifi signal. 

I am trying to force myself to listen to George Noory at least once a week, just to keep up with the traffic accident-ness of the new hosting regime.  Once you've heard a deadbody Noory show, though, you've pretty much heard them all. 

I am waiting for MV and EvB to do a Trainwreck Show parody where Ev is the guest and MV is Noory.  Are you listening, you two?  Seriously, I would donate.....just sayin'

Yeah, this place is fun, so welcome!  Post often!

Anagrammy

Art

Hi, found you a couple weeks ago the usual way -- googling "george noory sucks".

bschott

Found you tonight after googling for more information about the "Area 51 caller" satellite error.  Wanted to see if I could find out exactly what caused the shut down and if there was any old news articles about it.

Anyway, live in the great northern wasteland of North Dakota.  Listening since 1992, recording since 1993 though I need to refill the gap in my recorded shows from 1997 to 2005 (apartment building fire burnt up my collection).  Looks like there are a lot of members whom I share the same sentiments with about the show and snoory.