• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 06, 2011, 01:46:34 AM
Prediction: Since the recent (roughly March 4, 2011) demise (deletion)of the George Noory Sucks thread at GLP, I expect many new visitors/members here. I suspect the paying members there are pretty pissed, though you have to be pretty stupid to pay just to have an avatar ;)

Consider CG as your GNS lifeboat :)
i'm not interested in repeating history.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on March 06, 2011, 09:27:18 AM
As for social networks I can't stand them.  They encourage narcissistic behavior in a society that is all too self important already.
i couldn't agree more.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on March 06, 2011, 12:15:53 PM
Agreed.  When I refer to the web population of posters, I'm talking about general human (I think they are human) behavior on the web.  someperfectly nice, sane and intelligent people go nuts on the web.  I'm told it has to do with the fact that we are not face to face with, or thinking of, a person in particular and therefore our usual filters often don't kick in as they should.
i think that's right.  it's like road rage.  if you bump carts with someone in the supermarket, you're not going to give them the finger and wish cancer upon their children.  you'll probably chuckle and say, "oops!  sorry about that," even if it's not your fault.  when driving, the entire context of our interactions with others is thrown on its head because there is no body language to be observed, no eye contact... nothing.  just a shit-box on four wheels pissing you off.  the same applies to human interaction online... only it's exacerbated online because there are virtually ZERO consequences for your actions.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 06, 2011, 01:46:34 AM
Prediction: Since the recent (roughly March 4, 2011) demise (deletion)of the George Noory Sucks thread at GLP, I expect many new visitors/members here. I suspect the paying members there are pretty pissed, though you have to be pretty stupid to pay just to have an avatar ;)

Consider CG as your GNS lifeboat :)
by the way... why was the thread deleted again?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: IU Jacob on March 06, 2011, 11:26:21 AM

PS. If one had a question about finding a certain episode from way back (didn't want to just jump in and make a new thread), where would you do this?
hey, brother.  welcome to the forums, and post often.

in addition to the thread evb mentioned, you might try this one.

also, there is the artaudio show trading group which was started by some of this forum's members.  it's here.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on March 06, 2011, 11:00:40 AM
So if it isn't a problem what are the cliff notes on this exodus?
here's a more detailed explanation of what happened.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Michael V. on March 06, 2011, 11:42:55 PMby the way... why was the thread deleted again?

By happenstance, I noticed a member here, who came here by way of another forum, also recently began posting on an essentially dead George Noory Sucks Thread on yet a different forum. They were complaining that the GNS thread at GLP was deleted which I found hard to believe, so I investigated. Hadn't been there in years, but would never go unless "proxified"  - and sure enough, the thread is gone. This CG member is also a GLP member and at last unofficial count, is a member of at least 5 forums which have C2C/GNS threads. To each her own - one is enough for me.

Strangely enough, at one of the forums, someone posted that it was YOU and ME you had the original GLP thread deleted. I kid you not. Lots of weirdos out there with too much time on their hands ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 07, 2011, 12:10:10 AM
Strangely enough, at one of the forums, someone posted that it was YOU and ME you had the original GLP thread deleted. I kid you not. Lots of weirdos out there with too much time on their hands ;)
haha, that's a hoot.  yeah, i just fired off an email to someone (although i'm not sure who this would/should be), and POOF!  it was gone.  i've also been accused of BEING you, and of being someone named Trinity who i assume is someone from GLP.

you know what... fuck it.  this is too much fun.  for the record, it was i who had the noory sucks thread removed from GLP.  and i'll do it again!  don't push me!!!!  muahahahahaha!

MV/Liberace!

also, whoever trinity is, i've also been accused of stalking him/her.  yup. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael V. on March 07, 2011, 12:14:47 AM
haha, that's a hoot.  yeah, i just fired off an email to someone (although i'm not sure who this would/should be), and POOF!  it was gone.  i've also been accused of BEING you, and of being someone named Trinity who i assume is someone from GLP.

you know what... fuck it.  this is too much fun.  for the record, it was i who had the noory sucks thread removed from GLP.  and i'll do it again!  don't push me!!!!  muahahahahaha!

Disclosure, at last. ;)

MV/Liberace!

By happenstance, I noticed a member here, who came here by way of another forum, also recently began posting on an essentially dead George Noory Sucks Thread on yet a different forum. They were complaining that the GNS thread at GLP was deleted which I found hard to believe, so I investigated. Hadn't been there in years, but would never go unless "proxified"  - and sure enough, the thread is gone. This CG member is also a GLP member and at last unofficial count, is a member of at least 5 forums which have C2C/GNS threads. To each her own - one is enough for me.
by the way... i don't want anyone around here getting the impression that it's a sin to use this site if you're a glp member or something.  that's not the case at all.  it's just that if there is another exodus into coastgab from glp as happened two years ago, rest assured i will do everything necessary to prevent this forum from being shit upon again. 

that said, i don't see it being a problem this time around.  circumstances are very different than they were at that time.  the initial burst of chaos last time around wasn't really even the fault of the glp people.  it was caused by a former administrator who went way beyond what his role was supposed to be... and in the process, caused a major disaster which i was left to clean up after giving him the boot. 

this former administrator (and former friend) was only supposed to be an administrator when it came to technical issues in the forum software.  he wasn't really supposed to moderate people and "lay down the law."  then, one day, out of the fucking blue, after MONTHS of no posts from him, he suddenly drops in and starts capriciously and arbitrarily moderating all of the GLP people HEAVILY.  everyone was like, "wtf?  who is this asshole?"  haha, and then the fun began.  this forum now has only one user with administrator/moderator capabilities, and that's plenty.

Lest we forget.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 07, 2011, 12:17:55 AM

Disclosure, at last. ;)
well, the truth had to get out there at SOME point.  why not now.

HAL 9000

OK, if you're taking credit for deletion of TOGNST, then I'll attempt and take credit for closing down the NutHawkZone. Take THAT NutHawks!

EvB

EvB

and no one blamed me? I'm crushed.  :o

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on March 07, 2011, 01:09:48 AM
and no one blamed me? I'm crushed.  :o
no, but incidentally, my grandmother was also blamed.

EvB

Quote from: Michael V. on March 07, 2011, 01:22:40 AM

Oh, well - That's okay then.

Mops

Quote from: Michael V. on March 07, 2011, 01:22:40 AM

Mine too.  But then we always feared that one Lindbergh Baby wasn't enough for her.

Wouldn't worry too much about the false accusations over the fate of the old OGNST at GLP.  I and some of the other old timers have yall's back by way of batting the accusations back into GLP's face.  That "DOS Attack" excuse they used redefined lame, especially in light of their own contradictory words and actions.  Every now and then someone would show up at the new thread throwing out names to blame but one of us would drop in and correct the record.  In this case the truth is certainly more interesting than fiction and, heh-heh, we all tell it so well.

Michael, I was not aware that Richard Secord is listed as missing, but next time your Grandma goes to the basement could she get a snapshot of him and Jim Morrison together?  I'll trade a shot of Jimmy Hoffa fly fishing at Chernobyl.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mops on March 07, 2011, 05:04:24 AM
I'll trade a shot of Jimmy Hoffa fly fishing at Chernobyl.
only if he's wearing a ball-gag in the shot.

Marc.Knight

b_dubb

i've seen GLP dropped here and there.  i confess i have no idea what it means.  would someone please enlighten me?

hugs,

b

JustOneFix

GodLike Productions, a big forum where people love posting anonymously and constant stirring of the shit pot.

tmock00

I saw that when I was browsing the forum over at GLP the other day, and I had to do a double take.

I admit I occasionally enjoyed the original George Noory Sucks forum over at GLP, but only because once in awhile I could find some real gems over there. Also, there were a handful of posters who were really good at recapping the previous night's shows.  All in all though, I wasn't surprised it was deleted, but there was quite a lot of information there, and well...I kinda miss it.

I forgot to introduce myself.  I started that one thread about Snoory and Premiere Networks.  So...............hi!

I hope I don't disappoint you guys by not hating Noory with a passion.  But I do love Art Bell with a passion.

Yiddle

I gotta say that Friday's "Open Lines" finally sent me over the top.  It finally made me register for this site.  It seems like the only people that call in now are half-wits that think Noory is great. 

The best part of the evening was when Noory read a message from a woman saying he's an idiot, and he commented that she'd be a lousy person to take on a date.  Well, George, you're single because generally speaking people aren't attracted to idiots. 

"Harmness" - need I say any more?  The deterioration of the show into "George and his half-wit friends hour" is astounding.  I'm kind of worried that it will be cancelled on my station soon.

anagrammy

Welcome, Yiddle.  You are in the right place, at the right time.  Hate Noory, love Art, we don't care--all faiths are welcome.  You'll find this a fun forum with lots of differing opinions, but no haters.  At the end of the day, I can count on CoastGab for the latest poke-fun, a good belly laugh and sometimes I learn stuff. 

Anagrammy

Usagi

Hi, just checking in as a new member, as well. :)

Listener since: 1998
Favorite host: Art, naturally
Least favorite host:  I don't know; that question has too much harmness
Favorite current host: George Knapp
Favorite topic: The creepier and more mysterious the better
Least favorite topic: Alterno-health crap, cancer, and crystal skulls

Hello, all!

Usagi

Oh, and if I were a stalker, I'd stalk Richard C. Hoagland.