• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Shadow Rodents - Are You Effing Kidding Me?!

Started by Ruteger, June 19, 2011, 11:56:47 AM

Ruteger

Even for Noory this is bizarre. A couple nights ago caller presented a story about a dark-shape visitor that hovered over his bed and Noory actually said he had seen "shadow-rodents". Excuse me, I cannot even begin to explain or fathom this. Noory must be completely insane or completely stupid. I vote for both...

Usagi

Aww man.  I need to start a band just so I can call them the Shadow Rodents.

Seriously?  Yeah, it's stupid.  I think I see these outside behind my favorite Sichuan restaurant all the time.  I should call in.

Seamus Capone

Noory supposedly regularly sees shadow rodents. He claims to see them both in his home and on the road. Maybe it all stems from the trauma that he experienced when his dad stepped on his pet hamster (one of his stories). Maybe Herbie's ghost is haunting him.

aldousburbank

Quote from: BobGrau on June 19, 2011, 01:06:45 PM
I know the feeling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

Thanks for that link.  This reminds me of a time, in a past life... After a few months in a Mexican federal prison, I knew my release time was imminent- particularly when a "doctor" came to examine me.  He kept asking me questions about how do I feel, have I noticed anything unusual, or seeing things that shouldn't be there.  I am not the brightest candy in the pinata, but I soon realized that the doctor was a shrink, sent to examine the captive hippie for signs of possible hallucinogenesis.  So I sez to the doc I sez, "Actually doc, yes, there is one persistent visual problem I've noticed." 

"Oh yeah?"  he sez, all perked up and ready to scribble on his yellow legal pad.

"Yeah- it's a funny thing but, every time I try to look outside, I keep seeing these bars in front of my eyes doc, what could that be?"  He starts writing this, then realizes I'm screwing with him, then rips up his notes and cusses me while walking out of the exam room, neglecting to say buenas tardes.  I guess he didn't have that great of a sense of humor.  I was released the next day and the visual thing cleared up immediately.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Usagi on June 19, 2011, 12:19:38 PM
Aww man.  I need to start a band just so I can call them the Shadow Rodents.

Your cowbell player is here for you.

EvB

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 20, 2011, 01:52:56 PM
Tbut I soon realized that the doctor was a shrink, sent to examine the captive hippie for signs of possible hallucinogenesis.  So I sez to the doc I sez, "Actually doc, yes, there is one persistent visual problem I've noticed." 

"Oh yeah?"  he sez, all perked up and ready to scribble on his yellow legal pad.

"Yeah- it's a funny thing but, every time I try to look outside, I keep seeing these bars in front of my eyes doc, what could that be?"  He starts writing this, then realizes I'm screwing with him, then rips up his notes and cusses me while walking out of the exam room, neglecting to say buenas tardes.  I guess he didn't have that great of a sense of humor.  I was released the next day and the visual thing cleared up immediately.

OMG - that is hilarious.  ;D

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 20, 2011, 01:52:56 PM
  I am not the brightest candy in the pinata

Man, I really missed you!!  Glad you're back. ;)

jinwicked

You guys need to stop joking around.

Rodents are serious business.

morphiaflow

I am no fan of Noory and his tireless tropes. That said--I *have* actually seen shadow rodents. Totally not kidding.

Quote from: morphiaflow on June 22, 2011, 12:55:47 AM
I am no fan of Noory and his tireless tropes. That said--I *have* actually seen shadow rodents. Totally not kidding.

As in small dark shapes moving in your peripheral vision? Or something more than this?

Usagi

Quote from: morphiaflow on June 22, 2011, 12:55:47 AM

Yes, can you go into any more detail?

aldousburbank

I occasionally see shadow naked dancing girls.  Is this a different thread?

morphiaflow

It was right around my 17th birthday. I was leaving a mall near my house with my mom driving. It was at night. As we drove past the curb to the mall exit, I saw two *very* distinct creatures that looked like they were something between a cat and a very large rat in an indentation in the sidewalk. Black, with glowing yellow eyes. They seemed very furtive and skittish but at the same time--they *instantly* struck me as something otherworldly.

I made my mom stop the car so I could go investigate (I told her I thought they were kittens). I never took my eyes off the space where they were. But...they were just...gone. One minute there, the next, gone.

This was a full decade before I ever heard the name Art Bell, more like a decade and a half before I heard the name Noory or was introduced to the formal concept of shadow people/shadow animals.

I don't think it's an invalid topic just because Noory beats it into the ground (as he does so many OTHER valid topics); I think it's NOORY that's invalid--Noory, and his approach.

Anyway, Usagi, that's my shadow rodent story. Sorry it's not more exciting. But I promise you it happened.

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 20, 2011, 02:52:00 AM
Noory supposedly regularly sees shadow rodents. He claims to see them both in his home and on the road. Maybe it all stems from the trauma that he experienced when his dad stepped on his pet hamster (one of his stories). Maybe Herbie's ghost is haunting him.

I had a friend that stayed up for several weeks on speed. He'd tell stories of shadow beings, mainly people, that would hide behind telephone poles and jump out at his vehicle when he got close to the pole.

It is possible to deduce that Noory has been usin the ol' truckers trick for a while now?

Scully

A couple of years ago I underwent a sleep study at a reputable Sleep Disorders Clinic to evaluate my sleep apnea.

Before they wired me up with electrodes from stem to stern in preparation for my attempt to sleep with an audience in attendance, I had to fill out a questionnaire.

Among lots of mundane questions was one that asked, "Do you wake during the night and see shadowy people or animals?" I'm still thinking about that one.  ???

Gassy Man

The funny thing is that as lame as I think George Noory is, I think I know what he's talking about.  Years ago, a set of wacky neighbors got a kitten after something happened to their other cat.  Of course, as with the previous one, they largely ignored it, making it stay outside even in 100 degree heat without food and so forth.  So it found it's way through the screen door and into my apartment . . . and the rest involves me basically taking care of it during the day.  My girlfriend at the time said to kidnap it and give it to her, since the owners were so irresponsible this kitten would likely get run over or die of heat exhaustion, but they moved away suddenly and obviously took the kitten with them.  Well, a few months later I thought I saw it, only in shadow form.  I figured I was feeling guilty about the kitten and that my eyes were playing tricks on me, but then friends who came over would ask -- without knowing -- if I had a cat because they thought they'd glimpsed one in the apartment. 

aldousburbank

This reminds me:  For several weeks after good ol' Smokey The Dog died, I would wake up at my usual pre-dawn hour and still see her laying by the door, waiting to go outside with me.  It was consistent, sad, and unnerving. 

BobGrau

come to think of it, after my cat Louis challenged the early-morning rush hour for the last time, I thought I saw him out the corner of my eye a few times - I could probably skepticize about pattern-recognition glitches and my fun-loving brain filling in the gaps for me (see my post above), but I do like the idea that he's still hanging around the house, perhaps patrolling for... shadow mice?

aldousburbank

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 02, 2011, 11:43:09 PM
I had a friend that stayed up for several weeks on speed. He'd tell stories of shadow beings, mainly people, that would hide behind telephone poles and jump out at his vehicle when he got close to the pole.

I hate when that happens.  I'm constantly having to repair shadow dents in my hood from running these telephone pole dudes down.

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 05, 2011, 08:35:55 AM
I hate when that happens.  I'm constantly having to repair shadow dents in my hood from running these telephone pole dudes down.

I hope that you dialed 411 after hitting them.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 02, 2011, 11:43:09 PM

It is possible to deduce that Noory has been usin the ol' truckers trick for a while now?

I doubt that Noory takes drugs. I'm excluding various supplements (turmeric) and vitamins, of course. Noory might try to cop a buzz by taking Bayer with Coke (the soda). BTW, I think that trucker called the show a few times.

jinwicked

Quote from: Scully on July 03, 2011, 03:00:44 AMAmong lots of mundane questions was one that asked, "Do you wake during the night and see shadowy people or animals?" I'm still thinking about that one.  ???

I have myriad sleep issues, at one time including sleep paralysis episodes.

I have seen demonic flying snake-like creatures, ghostly entities, and a grey alien opening my door to come into the room. Being an amateur student of the paranormal, I was aware of what was happening while it occured. After some struggle I always managed to wake myself up and they would disappear.

They are much more intensely realistic than a hallucination though.

Very terrifying. Thankfully they have been gone for years.

When George talks about seeing shadow rodents, it's always matter of factly, and thrown in with the other paranormal events he claims have happened to him.  He says 'I've seen shodow rodents, I've had an out of body experience, I've this, I've that'. 

He tosses it out there with zero explanation, as if they are as well known as UFO's, Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster.

I think it's supposed to be in the same vein as Shadow People, but more exotic.  Perhaps George is just confused.

Ever notice any mention of 'Rods' has disappeared?  Did he lose that cue card? - it probably got crumpled up, covered in pizza grease, and left the office on the bottom of Tommy's shoe.