• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What mental illnesses did Art suffer from?

Started by AZZERAE, May 22, 2019, 02:07:22 AM

AZZERAE

He ticks quite a few of the boxes, its pinning down one (in particular) thats the tough part.

Jojo

Well, he may have been neurotic about cats.

AZZERAE

Quote from: 14 on May 22, 2019, 03:49:00 AM
Well, he may have been neurotic about cats.

I'll be diagnosing him myself, soon.

AZZERAE

In my view, Art had some brief psychotic disorders and mixed delusional disorders. By my estimation those included grandiose and persecutory disorders. He also possibly had paraphrenia toward the end.

Quote from: Azzerae on May 24, 2019, 03:22:31 AM
In my view, Art had some brief psychotic disorders and mixed delusional disorders. By my estimation those included grandiose and persecutory disorders. He also possibly had paraphrenia toward the end.

Art surrounded himself with people like this to maintain the bubble. It still amazes me how quickly Keith turned into a whimpering woe is me everybody hates me pussy over generally harmless innocuous shit a few people said on here. He won't let it go either. It's been four years since MITD and he still whines about Bellgab now and then.

AZZERAE

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 24, 2019, 08:20:52 AM
Art surrounded himself with people like this to maintain the bubble.

Indeed. I initially considered going with "antisocial personality disorder", however, the criteria didn't seem to match as well as I'd suspected.

There is only so much one can know about the inner workings of anothers mind. Art sure did probe a lot of psyches ... While remaining decidedly quiet on many of his own failings.

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 24, 2019, 08:20:52 AM
It still amazes me how quickly Keith turned into a whimpering woe is me everybody hates me pussy over generally harmless innocuous shit a few people said on here. He won't let it go either. It's been four years since MITD and he still whines about Bellgab now and then.

Keith always struck me as a loser, but in the end he was revealed to be substantially more emo than I'd ever dreamed. His man boobs too, were something else. Sometimes I'd lie awake at night with the radio coming in and out of Coast, in between commercial breaks, just pondering the cup size of Rowland's gigantic teets. Fascinating thought that.

I bet he had faded, bootleg, Art Bell posters covering every corner of his walls. Just imagine being such a failure at everything else that you choose to take guff from a creepy old guy in the desert, when you could make your own way in the world, stop living in the shadows, and tell him to fuck off.

WOTR

I think he may have had several... I don't think he suffered from a single one of them. Millionaire, wife children, by all accounts a life full of sex, women, money and fame (albeit, a solid "C" list celeb.)

I think you need to change the title to remove the word suffer.

artbell_ghost

Quote from: WOTR on May 24, 2019, 10:08:28 AM
I think he may have had several... I don't think he suffered from a single one of them. Millionaire, wife children, by all accounts a life full of sex, women, money and fame (albeit, a solid "C" list celeb.)

I think you need to change the title to remove the word suffer.

You’re not wrong!

My experience on Bellgab suggests to me mental illness gets you hot asian wives and girlfriends with big titties.

AZZERAE

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 24, 2019, 11:19:44 AM
My experience on Bellgab suggests to me mental illness gets you hot asian wives and girlfriends with big titties.

As long as they're not Keith's titties, I'm good!

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Azzerae on May 24, 2019, 09:27:56 AM
Indeed. I initially considered going with "antisocial personality disorder", however, the criteria didn't seem to match as well as I'd suspected.

There is only so much one can know about the inner workings of anothers mind. Art sure did probe a lot of psyches ... While remaining decidedly quiet on many of his own failings.

Keith always struck me as a loser, but in the end he was revealed to be substantially more emo than I'd ever dreamed. His man boobs too, were something else. Sometimes I'd lie awake at night with the radio coming in and out of Coast, in between commercial breaks, just pondering the cup size of Rowland's gigantic teets. Fascinating thought that.

I bet he had faded, bootleg, Art Bell posters covering every corner of his walls. Just imagine being such a failure at everything else that you choose to take guff from a creepy old guy in the desert, when you could make your own way in the world, stop living in the shadows, and tell him to fuck off.

I knew years ago, Keith was an overweight cuck piece of shit.

AZZERAE

Quote from: username on May 25, 2019, 12:04:48 AM
I knew years ago, Keith was an overweight cuck piece of shit.

An "unscrupulous marauder", in the living flesh.

AZZERAE

Quote from: AC400KICK on May 25, 2019, 04:21:13 AM
Being human

Being a certified Psychiatric Survivor, you should have unique insight into such matters.

Jojo

Quote from: AC400KICK on May 25, 2019, 04:21:13 AM
Being human 👍
All humans are not mentally ill, and many of those that are, recover.

AZZERAE

Quote from: 14 on May 26, 2019, 01:27:29 AM

I was hoping for a more "realistic" response (from most) than I received to the question posed in this thread.

Do you have any assessments of what Art's mental state was, in hindsight?

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on May 26, 2019, 01:34:39 AM
I was hoping for a more "realistic" response (from most) than I received to the question posed in this thread.

Well, he vacillated a lot, but I don't know if that's a sign.   Wasn't he very ill?

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on May 26, 2019, 01:34:39 AM

Fyi, that post was for AC400KICK.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: 14 on May 26, 2019, 01:27:29 AM

We're all crazy . . . . it's only a matter of degree.  :o

Jojo

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 28, 2019, 11:03:52 AM
We're all crazy . . . . it's only a matter of degree.  :o
Yes, but I mean in the sense of a harm to oneself or others.

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on May 28, 2019, 04:53:26 AM
He was a Gemini - wasn't he?

My bad!
I haven't known his sign.  I just didn't know about Coast back then.

AC400KICK

Hey kiddos, did you know that as a result of being exposed to psychiatric "medications" your synapses in your brain actually corkscrew and the physical architecture of the human brain deforms? Keep drinking that koolaid and don't question anything. 🤣

Quote from: AC400KICK on May 29, 2019, 08:10:20 PM
Hey kiddos, did you know that as a result of being exposed to psychiatric "medications" your synapses in your brain actually corkscrew and the physical architecture of the human brain deforms? Keep drinking that koolaid and don't question anything. 🤣

🔥LIT CITY🔥

Pizzapunch

Have you watched this Erinn lady on youtube?

Jojo

Does something similar happen with the sodium benzoate in foods?  Changes DNA or something.