• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Quote from: crankshaft on March 19, 2018, 03:58:50 AM
I'm impressed. RCH can actually conduct a fairly good show.

RCH simply needs to learn to avoid topics that require functional understanding of any of the hard sciences or of technology much later than stone age technology...
That's why Hoagie should interview Werner Herzog; what an absolutely killer show that would be.

TigerLily

Quote from: Étouffée on March 19, 2018, 05:16:53 PM
That's why Hoagie should interview Werner Herzog; what an absolutely killer show that would be.

lol. The mind boggles!

ItsOver

I'm sitting in a restaurant.  Their Pioneer receiver is set on 19.5

Coincidence?

ItsOver

Quote from: Étouffée on March 19, 2018, 05:16:53 PM
That would be killer.  With a Rutger Hauer follow up.

Quote from: ItsOver on March 22, 2018, 05:48:59 PM
That would be killer.  With a Rutger Hauer follow up.
Yes!  Yet, Hoagie continues to squander his not-inconsiderable gifts for glib gab, on the ether, fer cryin' out loud.

Hoagie on baseball would be good, too.

Alien Face found on Mars, Hoagland is vindicated once again...unless your one of those crackpots who thinks it just a crater...

astroguy

Quote from: AlternativeSide on March 23, 2018, 06:02:35 PM
Alien Face found on Mars, Hoagland is vindicated once again...unless your one of those crackpots who thinks it just a crater...

👋

crankshaft

Quote from: Morgus on March 23, 2018, 08:16:50 PM

Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo Nam myohoagland renge kyo, etc.

.cte ,oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN oyk egner dnalgaohoym maN

OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland, etc.

.cte ,dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO dnalgaoh emdap inam MHO

ItsOver

Punisher fans on Mars.  Go figure.

Obviously an alien who's seen a lot and been through some hard times, look at the deep lines in his massive forehead.

Has there ever been a Broadway musical about aliens? I should get out my Casio keyboard and write one - how many songs do I need to write for a full musical? 

I think it will be kinda like Close Encounters of the Third Kind but more about the aliens than the humans.

Gonna email Richard C. about it. He will no doubt write back something like  'What a fabulous idea! If you need a consultant who's also quite witty and musical I am available for hire on a contract basis or hourly rates starting at $250. Please keep in touch.'

And then every day from that point on I will be receiving emails from Richard like  'Any news? Did I tell you that my siblings and I had a recording contract in the 1960's with A&M Records? Some of the songs we wrote and recorded could be repurposed for your project. I am willing to sell them to you for $1000 and a small royalty percentage should the musical become a big hit which I have no doubt it will!'

ItsOver

Quote from: ItsOver on March 22, 2018, 05:31:24 PM
I'm sitting in a restaurant.  Their Pioneer receiver is set on 19.5

Coincidence?

Quote from: comaphobe on March 22, 2018, 06:18:06 PM
Good receiver

Ha!  Yes, it is.  :D  The Pioneer's Aux 19.5 was doing 80's New Wave.  I didn't realize 19.5 was RCH's hook-up to Soft Cell.  I can see Hoagie excitedly viewing photos of Mars's surface with an eye loupe, with "Sex Dwarf" playing in the background. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlB77vM2FMg

ItsOver

Quote from: Étouffée on March 22, 2018, 10:50:43 PM
Yes!  Yet, Hoagie continues to squander his not-inconsiderable gifts for glib gab, on the ether, fer cryin' out loud.

Heh, heh.  More "Dick Cavett" Hoagie, please.  ;D

You're not getting a free book,...you have to be a loyal Club 19.5 member...until you publicly pledge yourself to the teachings of the Otherside of Midnight you get nothing..

ShayP

Quote from: Étouffée on March 22, 2018, 10:50:43 PM

Yes!  You may recall that he spoke of baseball a couple of years ago and said he was a big fan.  I also recall he may be a fan of the Cubs.  A Hoagie sports show, for at least one episode, would be awesome.  I wonder how the torsion field affects a curveball?  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: AlternativeSide on March 24, 2018, 11:10:51 AM
You're not getting a free book,...you have to be a loyal Club 19.5 member...until you publicly pledge yourself to the teachings of the Otherside of Midnight you get nothing..

A lot of us early on supported Hoagie in all aspects of his show.  However, Hoagie doesn't give anything back.  He only takes and expects more.  Oh, and the Club 19.5 members that got shows that were repeat after repeat, or no shows at all, should really feel satisfied.   ::)

Quote from: ShayP on March 24, 2018, 12:09:11 PM
Yes!  You may recall that he spoke of baseball a couple of years ago and said he was a big fan.  I also recall he may be a fan of the Cubs.  A Hoagie sports show, for at least one episode, would be awesome.  I wonder how the torsion field affects a curveball?  ;)

Shay, It Happens Every Spring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x6Q7jQxfy8

ShayP

Quote from: ShayP on March 24, 2018, 12:26:06 PM
Nice!  ;D  8)  Was that one guy the actor that played Marcus Welby, MD?

Nope - Robert Young played Welby. However, Ray Milland did end up doing this jewel later in his career.

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 24, 2018, 12:30:21 PM
Nope - Robert Young played Welby. However, Ray Milland did end up doing this jewel later in his career.

LOL!  Wow.  I remember that.

Morgus

crankshaft

I'd contribute heavily to a crowd-source fund drive to graft an additional head onto RCH's body.

Quote from: ShayP on March 24, 2018, 12:09:11 PM
Say hey, say Shay....I do recall, and I also recall that you are a baseball fan.

It's practically opening day; perfect time for "Inside Hoagie on Baseball", or, "Richard C. Hoagland's
"(Torsion) Field of Dreams"!

ShayP

Quote from: crankshaft on March 24, 2018, 01:42:35 PM
I'd contribute heavily to a crowd-source fund drive to graft an additional head onto RCH's body.

Who's head?  Robin?  Ooooo...Mad Martian would be great.  Imagine them just bitching at each other constantly.  He did say he would haunt Hoagie until he kills him.  ;D

ShayP

Quote from: Étouffée on March 24, 2018, 02:05:15 PM
Say hey, say Shay....I do recall, and I also recall that you are a baseball fan.

It's practically opening day; perfect time for "Inside Hoagie on Baseball", or, "Richard C. Hoagland's
"(Torsion) Field of Dreams"!

Say hey Etouffee!  The most edible avatar on BellGab.  I'd suck the face off that little bugger.  Anyway...

Yes, I'm a huge baseball fan.  Pittsburgh Pirates.

(Torsion) Field of Dreams.  LOL!  Someone needs to Photoshop Hoagie's head onto Kevin Costner.   ;D   K_Dubb where are you!!?  :D

crankshaft

Quote from: ShayP on March 24, 2018, 02:58:43 PM

Quote from: crankshaft on Today at 02:42:35 PM

Who's head?  Robin?  Ooooo...Mad Martian would be great.  Imagine them just bitching at each other constantly.  He did say he would haunt Hoagie until he kills him.  ;D

It might be best to graft an additional two or more heads onto RCH's body... That way, RCH would be outnumbered if any argument ensued.

ShayP

Quote from: crankshaft on March 24, 2018, 03:13:43 PM
It might be best to graft an additional two or more heads onto RCH's body... That way, RCH would be outnumbered if any argument ensued.

Hmmm...yes.  I like it.  Robin and Mad Martian.  It would be glorious.  :D