• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

SaucyRossy

Thanks for clearing it up and in such a funny way.

I was asking for so e sleuthing and you did it. Totally cool. Thanks for the research h. 

Renaldo

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 08, 2013, 12:50:17 AM
Thanks for clearing it up and in such a funny way.

I was asking for so e sleuthing and you did it. Totally cool. Thanks for the research h.

She still could've been, because God knows if I was married to Dave, I wouldn't want to live in the same state as him either!

SciFiAuthor

"You're going to change your name, have gender reassignment surgery, and bathe only in hydrogen peroxide for the rest of your life."

Hoagland?

I wonder how the details of George's upcoming interview by Curtis and MV are coming along.

Renaldo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 08, 2013, 01:04:26 AM
"You're going to change your name, have gender reassignment surgery, and bathe only in hydrogen peroxide for the rest of your life."

Hoagland?

hahahahaha 

Hmmmm.........

ziznak

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 08, 2013, 01:04:44 AM
I wonder how the details of George's upcoming interview by Curtis and MV are coming along.
I still have my ticket to take THAT ride...

Spinner

I wish I had the time to read all the posts from the past week. But from reading the Art Bell thread, I think I get the picture of what's been going on. 

Re last Thursdays show, it's no surprise to me that Dave has stooped this low. I have been well aware of his true nature for many years. I've said this here before (when he started posting here and pretending to want help). In my opinion, George Noory is not only stupid, illiterate and ignorant - he is a nasty, conniving and mean-spirited creature.

I hope that he gets "outed" in a very public manner, and that the listeners wake up and realize that they have been duped.

I hope Dave will soon be history and forgotten by all.

Before everyone migrated over to Art's new show and forgot about him, George just wanted to remind people how low he is. 

He didn't want anyone to feel bad about ridiculing him over the years.

bud2112

Tonight I went ahead and signed up for Art Bells new show, doing so prompted me to go and dump my Coast Insider account. Got my account in 2007 or 2008 and its never given me any shit, when i went to dump it, it was already gone. Some sort of glitch cut off my subscription at the beginning of this month. Thank you Premiere for saving me from pushing a few buttons, doing the work myself. Im really going to miss getting high and writing John B. Wells, the guy will write you back no matter what sort of nearly nonsensical shit you send him, call you neat names like "Liberal Wanker".

Spinner

You know what, I think we all should email current C2C advertisers and tell them that we are boycotting the show AND them because of the dastardly deed perpetrated by Dave last Thursday.

Complaint emails to Premrat would be helpful too.

Scully

Quote from: EvB on September 07, 2013, 11:30:50 PM
Yaw.

It  makes perfect sense to me. And while I do agree that Art is much more intelligent and talented than Dave dreams of being, that does not make him a 'good person.'  His foibles are not the same as Dave's but he's got 'em. He may have a God-like talent to entertain and to entice people into considering a wider world than they may have -- but he's hardly a god. 

This would be EXACTLY the kind of thing I'd expect of him (Noory is a half-trained monkey - so he'd go along with whatever)  Art is PT Barnum - FOS but entertaining as hell - and he will go down in history for it.

I wish I hadn't read that link, Ev. It keeps nagging at me, too. This is beginning to feel like a high school food fight.  Coincidence?  :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promoting_adversaries

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Scully on September 08, 2013, 03:24:53 AM
I wish I hadn't read that link, Ev. It keeps nagging at me, too. This is beginning to feel like a high school food fight.  Coincidence?  :(

I doubt that Art is throwing any tater tots. He's genuinely disappointed and injured by the sad stunt. Also, he doesn't take the court case, one that was based on false accusations, lightly. This is nothing but a one-sided act of spite based on Art's one frank opinion.

Scully

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 08, 2013, 03:41:29 AM
I doubt that Art is throwing any tater tots. He's genuinely disappointed and injured by the sad stunt. Also, he doesn't take the court case, one that was based on false accusations, lightly. This is nothing but a one-sided act of spite based on Art's one frank opinion.

You could be right, Nucky. Or not.

SciFiAuthor

I almost wish I hadn't posted that link, but, you know, the feel of the situation is getting a little weird in what's being said and how it's dribbling out in that certain way, day after day, a little more promised each time to keep you checking back and taking sides.

But at the same time, if that's what this is, it doesn't appear to be helping Noory. In fact it looks like a disaster. So maybe that indicates that there isn't fire where there is smoke. There's always that.

Either way, though, Art hasn't done anything except express an opinion that Noory was lazy and not paying attention. Tactful, no, but in the end it was simply a raw opinion. Noory's response was to put a banned guest on the air that Art had a defamation lawsuit against for extremely damaging comments. That was not a proper response. George should have simply attacked Art on the same level. Hell, posting the Wikipedia link I did in here with the words "Just read this" would have been enough of a response to shut Art down in a second. Instead, George chose the very worst possible response. He turned himself into a villain when he could have painted his opponent as an asshole.

George, if you're still watching, hire a PR firm. Second, get the hell out of Los Angeles, that influence is rotting your soul. Third, coming clean and being fully open about what happened along with an open apology if applicable is all you've got left bud. You did some serious damage to your audience Thursday. Damage control is a smart move.

Quote from: Scully on September 08, 2013, 03:24:53 AM

Ali and Frazier; case in point

Nucky Nolan

Wow, SciFi Author! There was no reason to retaliate in the first place. Art just gave his personal opinion. It's one shared by many people on and off this forum. It rings true because it's based on observable facts. Forget damage control and PR firms. Noory jumped right into the shark's mouth. There's nothing for him to say, and he'll just have to deal with the consequences of his actions. An apology would ring more hollow than the Keebler Elves Tree. The ads and ratings will sort this out in the long run. Forget your advocate role. Let things take their natural course.

ETA: I caught the last part of Wells' show. The last caller mentioned the present situation. Wells didn't really defend and support the ship's captain. He said something like "Monday should be interesting".

Darth Bell

You know, as if the PR disaster that was putting that guest on Thursday couldn't get any worse, this popped up on twitter right around 11PM Saturday night.

QuoteGN: Thanks to David John Oates for a great show on reverse speech...  He'll be working on new clips for us.; Coast to Coast AM (@coasttocoastam) https://twitter.com/coasttocoastam/statuses/376562348208558080September 8, 2013

Just go ahead and read some of the replies to see how well THAT went over. Also note the initials "GN" at the beginning of that tweet: those are always used to denote posts that George himself is putting out there. So basically he's owning this one.

George really "outed" himself with this move. I was willing to believe he was a decent guy and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's ruined that image for good with this stunt. If he didn't know what a colossal bad move this would be---well now he knows.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Darth Bell on September 08, 2013, 04:27:03 AM
You know, as if the PR disaster that was putting that guest on Thursday couldn't get any worse, this popped up on twitter right around 11PM Saturday night.

Just go ahead and read some of the replies to see how well THAT went over. Also note the initials "GN" at the beginning of that tweet: those are always used to denote posts that George himself is putting out there. So basically he's owning this one.

George really "outed" himself with this move. I was willing to believe he was a decent guy and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's ruined that image for good with this stunt. If he didn't know what a colossal bad move this would be---well now he knows.

This makes no sense. It looks like more hateful and spiteful nonsense. If not, he's committing radio suicide as that tweet sounds like a death wish for his Coast gig. Maybe he's looking for a way out of his contract.

SciFiAuthor

Nucky, if someone calls someone lazy, 90% of people will issue a retaliatory comment. Why wouldn't it be reasonable to expect that? Art either wasn't thinking when he typed it, or he wanted a response. I am highly skeptical, given that it's Art Bell with decades of experience in the entertainment industry and a proven ability to know what to say when, simply tossed it out there without thinking. Maybe I'm wrong and Art seriously expected that there wouldn't be a rebuttal, but come on.

That said, Noory totally mishandled it and threw something out there that was inexcusably beyond decent. It was the worst possible rebuttal. George has only an apology left to settle it. If he doesn't, Premiere will force him to retire. Art's already suggested that they do that.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 08, 2013, 04:42:18 AM
This makes no sense. It looks like more hateful and spiteful nonsense. If not, he's committing radio suicide as that tweet sounds like a death wish for his Coast gig. Maybe he's looking for a way out of his contract.

Oh for fuck's sake. I don't trust what we're watching at all. Art, if you're watching, clarify what the fuck is happening here.

KnyeGuy

I'm not 100% in the loop...Where and when did Art call Noory lazy and inattentive? (or whatever the correct quote is).
Any links or screencaps?

Tinfoil Hat

It's all a tempest in a teapot if you ask me.

Was it low-brow to put Oates on? Yes.
It looks like C2C is desperate to build some kind of buzz, any kind of buzz but I doubt it did them much good.

Will Art blow C2C away when he returns? Hell yes!

So, who cares about Snoory, Wells, et al? That show's been a steaming pile for a long time now.

I always tune out that stupid EVP/reverse-speech stuff anyway. It's junk science, right up there with Hoaxland's Accutron.

herbalizer

I was one of the angry people replying to George's Twitter post, I was surprised he put his initials at the start of the tweet and for him to publicly acknowledge a subpar guest two days after it happened is something he never does-this is him making some kind of statement obviously. Any thoughts on what he's up to?

sleeplessinca

Quote from: EvB on September 07, 2013, 11:30:50 PM
Yaw.

It  makes perfect sense to me. And while I do agree that Art is much more intelligent and talented than Dave dreams of being, that does not make him a 'good person.'  His foibles are not the same as Dave's but he's got 'em. He may have a God-like talent to entertain and to entice people into considering a wider world than they may have -- but he's hardly a god. 

This would be EXACTLY the kind of thing I'd expect of him (Noory is a half-trained monkey - so he'd go along with whatever)  Art is PT Barnum - FOS but entertaining as hell - and he will go down in history for it.
<hands up>Hey,  I have been wrong about people before.  I try to see the good and but realize no one is perfect.  I called the biggest con I ever met when no one else did.  A dilly of a con and it took a lot to get anyone to believe me - now everyone (except the mark) believes me. 

I hope Art's new show is just that; new, not conceived in hate and raised in revenge.  I won't be listening to that.  I hope it is happening because there is a call for his brand, he loves doing it and he could use a few bucks. 

Snoory  showed his malicious side this week.  His innocent persona has always rung hollow.  It was charitable to call him dopey.  Who knew his obsession with psychic vampires was actually an expression of narcissism?

I'm sure that Art's outrage at GN's direction with C2C and it is motivating for him.  Maybe leveraging the outrage has its upside.   It can't be the only motivation though.  Art had the creative vision and drive to found C2C.  He still has it.

I sure hope there is more to Art's new show than a food fight.  (Well put, Scully).

sleeplessinca

Quote from: coaster on September 07, 2013, 11:08:13 PM
there should be a rule. oh wait, there was. before the rugrats came in and dirtied the place up. in time, it'll clean itself out. I'm not worried sweetheart. btw, did you and the other guy get a room yet? I'm tired of having to screen this thread with a blacklight before I post in it..
easy there big fella.  .  .
<thankful for years of experience with crackpot horses>
This comment is offensive to me and maybe others who don't care to see abuse.
I'm a lover not a hater (except for on GN). 
Get you some love in your life before you get too old.
Now shake hands and go outside and play nice while the professor and I go watch a movie.
;)    :)     :D    ;D   
<softly places daisy in barrel of rifle >

sleeplessinca

Quote from: herbalizer on September 08, 2013, 06:01:33 AM
I was one of the angry people replying to George's Twitter post, I was surprised he put his initials at the start of the tweet and for him to publicly acknowledge a subpar guest two days after it happened is something he never does-this is him making some kind of statement obviously. Any thoughts on what he's up to?
Sounds like he is promising more of his super boring and vengeful BS to the old guard while trying to look like a dynamic personality to his new listeners.  I don't think anyone wants to listen to babies cry; forward or backward!

jinwicked

I have been super busy and don't have time to read a dozen pages to catch up, Norry posted here? Like, confirmed?

Foodlion

Ok everyone just chill the fuck out.

Noory is somehow behind all of this, so lets not let him get the best of it.