• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

trostol

i swear i turned away for 5 minutes and the chicago and St Lou game was just at intermission and now its back

trostol

can the Flyers please sign the molson bear for the playoffs

albrecht

My Stars dominated!
And my Caps won pretty well also!
worried if it happens....

Anyone getting in on playing the book for the playoffs? I'm really enjoying the Yahoo Daily Challenges.

Taco Bell

Sorry liver, it's only night 3, there's a long way to go.

akwilly

Where the hell is doc? I thought he was doing the chi stl game

akwilly

Damn I can't for game 3 of Detroit Tampa. These guys are going to kill each other

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on April 15, 2016, 07:54:25 PM
Damn I can't for game 3 of Detroit Tampa. These guys are going to kill each other

They're used to the murder rate in Detroit, just another day in the motor city.

GravitySucks

Hawks get Keith back, take game 2. Hope to hear lots of Chelsea Dagger the next two games.

Taco Bell

The offsides call

Foot is off the ice.

akwilly

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 15, 2016, 11:11:46 PM
The offsides call

Foot is off the ice.
shortly after that replay chi scored and it went to replay. The guys in the war room said it was a good goal then the stl coach challenged it. Has a coaching challenge ever overturned what the guys in Toronto ruled?

Taco Bell

Not sure but I doubt it. Toronto made a decision, they tell to have a second look...doubt Toronto would admit they were wrong.

Rags and Pens afternoon bout, gonna be good

ge30542

Keith Jones and one of the guys on SiriusXM NHL radio say this is the year that the Blues advance.
As a lifelong StL fan, I have my doubts.
Elliot looks great, Tarasenko must be Tarasenko, the rookies have great energy, but I don't feel good about this series.
Comments?

trostol

man..my Flyers really being exposed as a small soft team..they just ..haven't looked good at all

Taco Bell

Quote from: ge30542 on April 16, 2016, 05:07:34 PM
Keith Jones and one of the guys on SiriusXM NHL radio say this is the year that the Blues advance.
As a lifelong StL fan, I have my doubts.
Elliot looks great, Tarasenko must be Tarasenko, the rookies have great energy, but I don't feel good about this series.
Comments?

Hawks fan checking in. Looking at regular season match ups, the only wins STL has were in OT or shootout. Chicago closed them out in regulation. Granted STL has never been a fully healthy team line up wise in the regular season, now they are.

STL is bigger and more physical, but Chicago seems to have that extra gear they can switch to when needed.
I wasn't looking forward to Dallas or STL in the first round. Its going to be tough, but I still have my cash on Chicago, no homer.

A few friends of mine are Blues fans, we agree this is the best Blues team in a while.

Taco Bell

Quote from: trostol on April 16, 2016, 07:55:06 PM
man..my Flyers really being exposed as a small soft team..they just ..haven't looked good at all

They'll do better at home.

trostol

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2016, 08:14:12 PM
They'll do better at home.

you are far more confident than i..i think they win one of the 2 at home but they just arent there yet..need more size..skill..speed in the line up

ge30542

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2016, 08:12:24 PM
Hawks fan checking in. Looking at regular season match ups, the only wins STL has were in OT or shootout. Chicago closed them out in regulation. Granted STL has never been a fully healthy team line up wise in the regular season, now they are.
Art
STL is bigger and more physical, but Chicago seems to have that extra gear they can switch to when needed.
I wasn't looking forward to Dallas or STL in the first round. Its going to be tough, but I still have my cash on Chicago, no homer.

A few friends of mine are Blues fans, we agree this is the best Blues team in a while.
Taco, that's the thing, the extra gear which the Hawks have, my Blues lack. Sorry to say.
Well see, I hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Taco Bell

Quote from: trostol on April 16, 2016, 08:15:58 PM
you are far more confident than i..i think they win one of the 2 at home but they just arent there yet..need more size..skill..speed in the line up

Cout's injury from game 1 isn't helping either.

ge30542

Let's go Blues. 2-2, 9 minutes in regulation.
Pierre McGuire sucks worse than Joe Buck..

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on April 17, 2016, 03:40:57 PM
Let's go Blues. 2-2, 9 minutes in regulation.
Pierre McGuire sucks worse than Joe Buck..

I just put my jersey on. Go Hawks!

ge30542

First playoff W in CHI since 2002. Well take it.

ge30542

Any Blues fans here? Can you relate to this statement? I will not feel confident about this series until it's over. Being a Blues fan in the first round is rough. You wanna get excited and confident, then reality sets in. It ain't over till it's over.
Geez!

albrecht

I understand the need/desire to ensure goals are goals (or etc in other sports) but I think the reviews and coach reviews are taking too long and can kill momentum and allow rest/planning etc in an unfair way. Idk, I guess no system is perfect but even with high-def and review you still see plays in hockey and baseball that are "too close to call" even on that micro-scopic level. And it delays games. Assuming umpires/refs are honest I think we might be going "too far" in reviewing everything. The "breaks" can go both ways and flow of games is also important.
ps: my Caps and my Stars are rolling strong! I just worry if they might meet up, after all. What then? Still a long way to go though....

ge30542

Quote from: albrecht on April 17, 2016, 06:47:44 PM
I understand the need/desire to ensure goals are goals (or etc in other sports) but I think the reviews and coach reviews are taking too long and can kill momentum and allow rest/planning etc in an unfair way. Idk, I guess no system is perfect but even with high-def and review you still see plays in hockey and baseball that are "too close to call" even on that micro-scopic level. And it delays games. Assuming umpires/refs are honest I think we might be going "too far" in reviewing everything. The "breaks" can go both ways and flow of games is also important.
ps: my Caps and my Stars are rolling strong! I just worry if they might meet up, after all. What then? Still a long way to go though....
The guys on,(I think it was), NHL Channel said "the Refs need to get the calls right, but to negate a goal on an offside entry 45 seconds earlier is kinda lame".  That's what happened game 2in StL. Good on Coach Q to challenge. Fair n square, but it still sucked.

Taco Bell

Preds taking it to the Ducks, I'm shocked they're up 2 games.

Hawks in 6.

Ms. C

And my beloved Red Wings won last night against the Lightening  2-0.

Its about time Detroit gave back to Tampa (what we received in games 1 & 2)!!!!  And Brian Boyle is an absolute ass ...  he gave the chicken taunt at the end of the game because an injured Justin Abelkader (hand wrapped from earlier game) wouldn't rumble with him.   Wonder what will happen at Tuesday's game. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 18, 2016, 07:18:20 AM
Preds taking it to the Ducks, I'm shocked they're up 2 games.

Hawks in 6.

Hope you are right. I was kind of disappointed that they PKd Kane's double minor and then gave up the winning goal a couple of minutes later.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ms. C on April 18, 2016, 07:36:19 AM
And my beloved Red Wings won last night against the Lightening  2-0.

Its about time Detroit gave back to Tampa (what we received in games 1 & 2)!!!!  And Brian Boyle is an absolute ass ...  he gave the chicken taunt at the end of the game because an injured Justin Abelkader (hand wrapped from earlier game) wouldn't rumble with him.   Wonder what will happen at Tuesday's game.

I was glad to see the Wings keep their streak going. I always like to see the original six in the playoffs.

Too bad the Bruins didn't make it. It will be a couple of years before Babcock can turn around the Leafs. I was really surprised how poorly Montreal did after how strong they were last year.

trostol

we shall see what the Flyers are made of tonight..going to be an electric night in that place

as for ref's in this post season and even back to the regular season..NHL needs to sit down and review these guys..they've been pretty awful